TJ to JK the Medication build

I got a decent price for it so I traded it, Its still at steve white, alot of the goodies got took off before I let it go, there wanting a fortune for it, 18,000 I believe
Ah heck, I'd have given you $20k for it, $18k's a steal! (but talk is cheap)

New JK looks good man!

Welcome to the JK club again. Lol if you need any help let me know. Between Brad and I we know our way around these JK's pretty good.

Thanks Jeremy, I did a ton of research during and before putting this together, I know it is reatively small tired, but i believe it will serve me well.

Needs 37s lol just ask Brad.

awesome looking jeep. I really liked the tj but this looks like an awesome build.
I need to get you and ryan together. seems like he got out of the sand 2010/2011. any way he trys to stay busy now building projects. has of alot sleepless nights

Took the Jk on its first wheelin trip this last weekend, It did very well and actually suprised me on how stable it felt. I have decided to totally ditch the tire carrier and carry the spare in a mount inside(well held down). On the very first trail (15) I broke it in right, the trail was really muddy and slick with some good rock ledges, took some hard throttle. I ended up busting the tag holder and scrapin botth front and rear flares on the first ride it ever had:eek:ops: Working on the gopro video now.

I have decided to totally delete the tire carrier so I installing a plate that will cover the vent holes, and has an led light for the tag. Also orderd a piece to fill the hole left by the tag bracket.

I am very happy with the setup and the skid plates did there job well.

Fast fwd to 7 min, havent masterd editing yet. The exhaust sounds like it is droaning, it is definetly not, gopro sounded weird on the mirror, maybe it was echoing on something.

Last edited:
The gopro picks up the vibration through the chassis. That's all. You can mess around with the mount (or mounting location) to try to get better isolation... but to some extent, it's just the nature of the beast.

Headed to moab for the easter jeep safari, I am super excited, gonna drive it all the way out wheel it, and drive it home!!

Awesome. Gotta love windrock. Glad you are happy with the jk. You still haven't come by the house to show it off yet.

Awesome. Gotta love windrock. Glad you are happy with the jk. You still haven't come by the house to show it off yet.

I Know it brotha, I havent had time to do much of anything, I am heading to ure for the workdays this weekend, gotta get ready for ejs next week.

Well, ditched the tire carrier totallly, installed a tag plate with third brake light and tag light from ace engineering, got er loaded down and ready to head to Moab in the morning!!

I'm jealous!

Just a few after pics, sliders held up great , skids took a beating and came out in good shape, little bit of oil you see is where my front diff blew some out of the breather from overfilling:eek:ops: I got a bug collection from about 8 states!
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG

11 states, 4,136 miles, from 0 dg to 76dg, rain to snow,45 mph winds, rockin trails and endless Interstate = Endless Memories!!
IMG_0965.JPG

Got the jeep serviced up,oil change, rear diff. Repaired the muffler as well(jb weld)o_O Gonna get it cleaned back up this weekend, also adding a set of one inch spacers for just a little extra clearance and also because I felt it hit the rear bump stops a time or two on really rough interstates(had a full load of gear in the back).

Looking good man.

Goy the 1 inch spacers put in saturday, got it just a little more stance. Finally got the thing cleaned up this weekend, there was red rock dust in everything. Took a good bit of rustoleum truck bed to get the skids black again:rockon:

That Jeep is amazing. How much do you think you have into it? I'm shopping now and would love to have your setup. I actually looked at you old Jeep online.

Been hard at work on the Jeep again. I finally got around to getting my cb installed(big thanks to Flint Hollbrook) It took us the better part of friday evening to get everything where it needed to be. It was a lot of work getting all of the cables ran. It took us a little while , we have my swr down to 1.2 on channel 1 and 2.0 on 40. I am very happy with it, I can talk clear for about 5 miles.

I ended up using a uniden bearcat 880, this is a didgital display radio and looks modern to fit the jeep better, It has noaa with weather alert, about seven different color options for the display. I like having a built in swr tuner, makes set up very easy. I used a browning 49 inch whip antenna with a browning base, I used a stainless hood bracket from righchannelradios.com.

IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG

Back