TJ to JK the Medication build

CB looks good, those shafts look really beefy. Tempted to throw the set of stock 44 shafts on my truck to compare the size difference.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

I would like to know the difference, I know the ears are suppose to be bigger on them, im surpised how heavy they are, Im gonna keep my stock shafts for insurance and if a freind ever needs them.

Comparison pic. Far left is chromo rubi, next is factory rubi shaft, then the other chromo rubi, far right is a factory Chevy 44 shaft.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367349977.317635.jpg

Ujoint comparison, chromos have a much larger joint.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367350050.701758.jpg

It took us a little while , we have my swr down to 1.2 on channel 1 and 2.0 on 40.

If I could make a suggestion: try cutting another 1/8" or so off the whip and see what happens. I got mine down to something like 1.0 at 1 and 1.8 at 40... thought that was pretty good... but then cut a little more off of it, and channel 1 went up to 1.1 and 40 came down to 1.3 or 4.

Thats exactly what I ended up doing, I am down under 2 on all 40, just took another half inch off. I am 1.1/.2 on channell 1, 1.8/1.9 on 40

Comparison pic. Far left is chromo rubi, next is factory rubi shaft, then the other chromo rubi, far right is a factory Chevy 44 shaft.
View attachment 66946
Ujoint comparison, chromos have a much larger joint.
View attachment 66947

It was a huge difference in size from a standard 44 shaft to a jk chromo, Im happy with them. Thanks for the hand putting them in Chris, no leaks today:driver:

What a ride, Harlan was a blast. Busted the body cherry this weekend on mason jar trail this weekend. Then at some point turned a dynomax rackcrawler exaust into a high clearance exaust system, and caint believe it doesn't leak, doesn't even sound any different.

I was very pleased with the Jeep all weekend, kept up with rigs a good bit bigger than me, had to pay out on killin time trail( it was wicked slick), beat the snot out of the factory rubi wheels. The face of the wheel is almost flush with the sidewall of the tire, makes for some nice rock grinders, a set of steel soft 8,s with a little more backspacing is in the near future.

Trails ran were railbed, killin time, fish fossil, upper rock garden, lower rock garden and mason jar.

Looking good man glad to see it getting used

Ps that shit'll buff out Haha.

Those are certainly some fun trails, can't say I would take a rig as nice as yours through them though :)

Finally got around to getting different wheels, Orderd a set of wheels from black rock , took over a month to get them( had to make them) The fadtory rubi wheels have taken a beating and it was time for them to go.

I also decided to change the rear bumper, when I was running a spare tire the current bumper looked and worked great, but since going to no spare on the back it made the Jeep look like it had a fat ass, this one is a flush mount poisin spyder, took a lot of trimming to get it on, definetly like it though.

The new wheels also have more backspacing which give it a lot better stance.

I saw the new mods today and they are very nice.

I like the BFH bumper, looks nice. I had one on the TJ and loved it. I did hear it was a pain to install on a JK though. How bad was it?

I like the BFH bumper, looks nice. I had one on the TJ and loved it. I did hear it was a pain to install on a JK though. How bad was it?

A lot of carefull cutting and cursing, the end of the frame rails has to be trimmed at an angle, the rear cross member is also trimed at a 45 deg angle from pass side to drivers side, and with a sawzall(not a plazma). Went through 5 blades. Jk frames are just hard to mount flush bumpers.

Update, I took a leap and jumped up to 35 mtr/k,s. I should have went the 35 inch route on the first go round, its an expensive redo. Also had a custom hitch done on the bumper by Metalwerx (olJeeps) and what an awesome job he did. The new bumper had no hitch and we picked up a used popup(little one) and needed a way to tow, sure don't want to take two Jeeps to camp every time!

Tires fit in the wheel wells great with the flat fenders and only 1 inch of lift:D, gotta little trimming to do on the slider for clearance.

Back