The proud parent thread.

My daughter(8) recently got the student of the week award at school. I thought, she's a good kid doesn't surprise me and I'm sure every kid gets one sooner or later. When I saw her teacher at a baseball game and she told me why she got the award it about brought me to tears. Their class got a new kid a few weeks ago and for whatever reason he started picking on another kid in the class who has some issues, (medicated emotional etc..,) This kid called him crybaby other names just being mean, like little kids can be. My daughter, who is fairly quiet reserved kid at school and about the smallest kid in the class, got between the two of them and told the new kid that he wasn't going to pick on anyone in her class, if he wanted to pick on someone , pick on her.
My son (6) has been my payback as a parent. I was not a good child, he has been a challenge up until about 2 months ago , it was like a switch was thrown and he understands how he's suppose to act. I love them both like I never thought possible. Until they came along I was going through life not being sure of what I was doing or why. I realized quickly they both have more raw intelligence than I ever had, my job is to make sure they take full advantage of the gifts they've been given and are good productive people.

30531350_10216003325343823_7626303828115062784_n.jpg
30124080_10215972852022009_379859908524244992_n.jpg
21106905_10214113338855342_4565654772311051466_n.jpg

I swear we have some at work....I'm not sure how they expect them to fit on the head of a grown man!

My oldest and I just completed the Spartan Super in Fayetteville this past Saturday (8.5 miles, 30 obstacles in 96+ deg temps). She is usually one to give up when things don’t go her way (we are still working on that), so when she tore up her hands on obstacle #5 and about 1.5 miles in and started getting blisters on both heels, I had a feeling I was going to have to do damage control to try to get her to push on. Nope. She said nothing was keeping her from completing the race. Made me proud the way she figured out ways to complete the rest of the obstacles with hands that looked like this

0E23671E-2292-4501-B6F3-1E0138A5A27D.jpeg

My youngest tries my patience almost daily but at the last Parent-Teacher conference, we found out that she is the protector of the smaller kids, getting in the face of the bullies and telling them they can deal with her if they want someone to pick on. Very proud of both

Both my boys are doing good in baseball. My older son is playing for a travel ball team this season that a friend and I put together this season and doing really well. We've also gotten parents tell us how much they love how happy and positive he is all the time.

My younger son was just asked to join one of the best travel ball teams in the area. They had a tryout they asked him to come to, but when we got there they said "just tell him to have fun, he's already on the team." :lol:
Plus one of the parents on his current team said how much they love his attitude and how he always tried to pump up his teammates and always is the first to high five and congratulate all of the kids on his team.

So yeah, proud of my boys. :)

Pic speaks for itself...
IMG_20180514_175749.jpg

We had our best day as being parents last weekend. We just said “F it” loaded the girls up in the boat and headed to Cape Lookout. It was amazing! They were in great spirits all day, did great on the hour long boat ride there and back. We got to play in the sand and have fun.
Easily the best day yet.

49AB1906-EB31-4F92-81A2-D94D99CFB792.jpeg

They have also started crawling into each other’s cribs at night this past week. They’ve slept great together soooo...
This was the first morning we found them together.

75337720-678A-4E5F-AF02-05EFAB719A5A.jpeg

I've never been much into sports except hockey, so when my son said he wanted to play baseball, I wasn't real sure about how to help him. I played catch as a kid, but never really had any interest in baseball (although I did pay attention to the 1984 Tigers when they won the World Series, but so did everyone in Michigan at the time - it was required). When I met his coach, I told him that I can't promise anything skills-wise, but that I would make sure he paid attention and didn't play in the dirt (he was 7 at the time). He said he could work with that.

He has really enjoyed playing baseball and is now in his 4th season with a school team. He now plays catcher and is pretty good if I do say so myself. He seems to have a good understanding of the play and where he needs to be. He was able to make the game winning catch which was rifled in from 2nd base and tag out the last out of the game. I wish I had snagged a video of it as he ran down the runner. The smile on his face was priceless.

FB_IMG_1526825783953.jpg

My son being met to pick up his date for prom.
FB_IMG_1526825754458.jpg

Getting a stern warning, me trying not to crack up! Oh, well.
FB_IMG_1526825929287.jpg

FB_IMG_1526825886547.jpg
FB_IMG_1526825844675.jpg

People more photogenic then me. Proud dad, sad dad. Used to be my little buddy!

I'll have to brag again. My boys had a great baseball weekend. Older boy came in for two innings of relief for his team and held them to one run. First 3 innings they scored 11, last two only one. His team came back and won in the last inning 13-12. 19 pitches and 14 strikes. My younger boy played awesome all weekend and his team took second in their first tournament. Then came home to find out he made the all star team in the rec league he is finishing up playing it. I'm so happy my boys love baseball as much as me.

Ok my turn.. well actually my oldest daughters turn. She loves to go wheeling (in my stock pile that blew a head gasket yesterday.. she'll fix that though) anyway she wanted to earn some money.. me & wife don't believe in welfare allowances.. (they don't lack anything) bad example. Anyway, I asked get if she wanted to work in the shop.. she started after school sweeping. A+ job. $10 each time, I don't have time to sweep, well worth it. Well I got more work than I can turn out, some simple, some not so much.. hey do you wanna work on cars? "Sure, why not". She has flat out impressed me. She is absolutely amazing at it. Here, undo this this this this this, then get me. Ok now what? Change this, then put it all back together. Minimal help from me. Show her something once and she's able to do it again, on something slightly different on her own. Of course I look over her work, as I do anyone that has worked for me, but yet to catch anything she knew to do. She's a young teenager. Paying her flat rate, cause that's how I get paid, plus that's incentive to get it done.. more time to do more or to go play or buy whatever and enjoy the fruits of her labor.... Very proud of her.. I'm not sure the wife realizes yet just how good the oldest daughter is..

Oldest graduated high school today with honors and youngest was recognized at middle school for academics (has a 98 overall average). I think our children were switched at the hospital when they were born because neither my wife nor I are that smart :)

So my daughter who will be 1 month old on fathers day!!!.... is already making me proud. Over the weekend, I was holding her and was talking to her and she was looking right at me like she understood everything I was saying and gave me this BIG smile, gums and all, I swear she was getting ready to laugh, but obviously didn't. But I will have to say, other than her being born, that has been my proudest moment with her so far.

She drives me crazy with her not really sleeping at night, but when she is calm and quiet, I could just hold her and look at her for hours on end.

I don't want her to grow up, but I cannot wait to share my life with her and watch her grow up.

He meant after you have kids it goes fast. Yesterday my oldest girl was born it feels like. Now she's 13. And the youngest that was born yesterday is 6. My boy is 7.. time does go by fast but days are slow. X2

Back