The proud parent thread.

My baby girl finished middle school and is now in high school :eek:. She struggles a bit more than her older brother. Grades and athletics do not come naturally to her and she has to work for it and that she did. So proud of her improvement this year. Finished out the year on the A/B honor roll.
34823304_10216781610237230_2032122329667993600_n.jpg

34274727_1903422843050191_3562722376154087424_n.jpg

:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

The "Spanish language" . Dang skippy, if he goes into the construction trades he'd be a real asset to be bilingual.

My oldest moves into NC State tomorrow and starts classes Wednesday. Definitely proud to see her growing up and moving on to the next phase of her life. But, man, I am too young to have a child in college :(

Back in early summer Jake walked in to the local radio station and ask for an internship.In two weeks time he was on the radio filling on where he was needed.After about 6 weeks of that they have hired him part time and he has his own time slot.He's entering his second year of college and they are gonna work w his school schedule.He is gonna be working the games on fri nights,they have been sending him to local government meetings to cover them and hes gonna help cover the Bristol race this w/e for the station.He did that all on his own,nobody talked to or strings pulled,he took the initiative and made it happen.Hes his own man,don't follow the crowd and thinks for himself,I'm very proud of him.

So my 17 month old daughter has started in to the 'man fart' stage and the first few times she scared herself and cried (initially thought the gas bubbles were hurting her stomach, but nah), so we've been trying to work through that. Over the last week, she'll let one rip and will look at me or my wife with concern like if what she just did is normal or not. We'll nod reassuringly and say it's ok. This morning, we're in the kitchen, I'm making her grilled chicken/rice/beans for her lunch...she's just waking up with her morning cup of milk on a wooden kitchen chair and let's loose of a monster. She instantly looks at me in horror, we make eye contact, I say 'Nice one, good job'...with a thumbs up...she puts both arms straight up in the air and says 'alriiiiiiiiight' and giggles and goes back to her cup of milk.

First day of Kindergarten- Senior Year for Samuel-- First day of high school for Sarah.... Yes I cried a little.

40206203_10217428171000845_729291794822463488_n.jpg
ever look at people and really know your staring at really good people?

^See above example^. I don't know you from adam but those kids carry the essence of well mannered well raised folk. Good job!

ever look at people and really know your staring at really good people?

^See above example^. I don't know you from adam but those kids carry the essence of well mannered well raised folk. Good job!

Thank you. I'm starting to get the hang of this parenting stuff and they grow up on ya......

There was a 5th grader on my daughters’ school bus last year that was bullying the smaller kids for food on the way to school. My daughter (Victoria, 2nd grade) decided to teach her a lesson by replacing Oreo stuffing with toothpaste and offering the Oreos to the girl the next time she came around. Victoria managed to keep it all secret, including a straight face when mama asked her where the toothpaste disappeared to. Magically, the toothpaste reappeared that evening and neither I or mama were the wiser. Victoria later took credit and claimed that the ‘trick’ was a success.

No honor rolls for Victoria yet, but I was proud of her cunningness! She’ll probably use this skill against me in the future though. :O

No caption, emoji, or string of letters can say as much as this picture does. Thank you David Prewitt for capturing this moment.

FB_IMG_1535818559781.jpg

Last edited:
This isn't about an award or anything, but my daughter is now in 10th grade. She's in a class called AP Capstone, which replaces english with AP level work.
She got a 90 on an outline paper. Got marked off for having a "sentence fragment". Showed it to me, it wasn't a fragment at all. Not in the least. I did very well in English class right through college and my Google-Fu is black belt level, so I knew it wasn't.
She was upset (because she usually gets damn near 100 on everything) because the teacher wouldn't talk to her about it supposedly. (let me tell you, girls are emotional when they're 15)
So I told her she needed to go handle it. Get in the classroom, get in front of the teacher and firmly but politely ask for the reason it was marked down and don't accept "no". Advocate for yourself.
First go-round this morning, teacher wouldn't give her and answer and told her "why don't you just go fix it or would you rather stand there and argue with me".
So she came back a few minutes later and asked again, and the teacher finally told her it wasn't really a sentence fragment, but it wasn't a great topic sentence.

Now all this said, had she not gotten an answer I was going to go to the school tomorrow and get one myself, but I didn't want to get involved felt she needed to learn how to stick up for herself (with a grumpy, pregnant teacher)....and damned if baby girl didn't do it.
I'm about as proud of her for that as most anything else she's done.

Back