The proud parent thread.

Will let Him Know. Most likely a small ceremony followed by a cover dish sorta thing. Do they do anything special at the board of review? Should I take off work and plan to attend?
Nothing special at the BOR. Just the typical round table meeting and rank BORs. My troop made a big deal of Eagle ceremonies. Big court of honor and a the whole trail to Eagle candle ceremony. Followed by a feast. Pm if theres anything I can do to help!

The hell you mean this is the easy part?! :eek:

Yes sir...he speaketh the truth

That first real day of school (Kindergarten for most) will be a test of everything you're made of, and a sign of many things to come that will make parenting an infant/toddler/mobile terrorist look like a cakewalk

Yes sir...he speaketh the truth

That first real day of school (Kindergarten for most) will be a test of everything you're made of, and a sign of many things to come that will make parenting an infant/toddler/mobile terrorist look like a cakewalk
Well...dang. I think I need to go lie down... :eek:

I'm going to bet that I might actually squirt a tear on that first day of Kindergarten. I know I did when I saw her on the ultrasound the first time, then again when she was born. I thought I forgot how to have the feels... lol

then again when she was born

Wait till she starts dating

saraprom2018.jpg

20150418_132724.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. Can I like a post more than once? Lol. I keep telling my wife, "okay, the arsenal is officially getting expanded. Definitely need guns..lots of them." She just stares at me. She thinks I'm jokin, but I'm not.

Those pictures are awesome though! I'm officially stealing the idea for those. I'll be taking a very similar one in 13-16 years from now (when do they start dating? Ain't got the froggiest)

This looks like a strange scene from some opulent post-Soviet third world country :lol:

It was part of the prom shoot (pardon the pun) for both of my girls

2015-04-18%2015_35_59.jpg

One of my former co-workers had the best daughter dating story ever.

Mike was a big dude. Probably 6'2" 330lbs. Fat but also big. His wrists were softball sized. He had a big red beard that was untrimmed usually tobacco juice stained and frankly he looked a bit crazy. He was. He also had a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone, but he had ZERO filter.

His daughter goes on her first date. He makes "junior" come over and meet him. Daughter was 16 before she got the courage to date because of dad.
Dad meets junior. Shakes his hand and says
"Let me tell ya a few things.
1) I gave her money to pay for her own food and movie specifically so she cant possibly feel like she owes you anything. She dont.
2) Anything you do to her tonight be prpepared for me to do to you when you drop her off. So if you like a big redneck shoving a Copenhagen flavored tongue in your mouth feel free to kiss her, otherwise I wouldn't. BTW if you dont have an opening for me to copy I'll make one.
Yall have a good night."

It was part of the prom shoot (pardon the pun) for both of my girls

View attachment 267598
Dude there looks like his expression says "stay cool, stay cool... I might get castrated if I move too fast..." It's written all over his face - he's cool on the outside, totally wigged out on the inside :lol:

Mike was a big dude. Probably 6'2" 330lbs. Fat but also big. His wrists were softball sized. He had a big red beard that was untrimmed usually tobacco juice stained and frankly he looked a bit crazy. He was. He also had a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone, but he had ZERO filter.

His daughter goes on her first date. He makes "junior" come over and meet him. Daughter was 16 before she got the courage to date because of dad.
Dad meets junior. Shakes his hand and says
"Let me tell ya a few things.
1) I gave her money to pay for her own food and movie specifically so she cant possibly feel like she owes you anything. She dont.
2) Anything you do to her tonight be prpepared for me to do to you when you drop her off. So if you like a big redneck shoving a Copenhagen flavored tongue in your mouth feel free to kiss her, otherwise I wouldn't. BTW if you dont have an opening for me to copy I'll make one.
Yall have a good night."
That reminds me of these. I'm going to get/make signs like this for the front door when she does start dating. :D

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

Not trying to one-up, nor top....just telling my story (sensuous tellin)

Back in her 8th grade yr, my oldest girl (who has just finished her freshman yr at UNCW) wanted us to meet her first little "boyfriend" from school, so his mother could take them to a movie on a "date" and bring her home by 9pm. We agreed and his mom wrote a note allowing him to ride the school bus home with her so we could meet this boy before she went anywhere with him.
School lets out at 3, and the bus ride was about 40 minutes, so I knew to be home by about 3:45.
They had JUST arrived and were in the kitchen talking to my wife when I came home and entered the kitchen thru the garage. This kid was nervous as hell. See, 2 years prior to that another little horndog had the balls to ask for pics of her in her underware over txt. Being the good girl she was she immediately told ME about it, and I sent him back a picture looking down the barrel of a pistol with my ugly frowning face on the other end. Apparently he was at school around all his buddy's in the locker room at football practice when that pic arrived. From what I understand, they all gathered around to see the reply HOPING for a girl they knew either naked, or very close to it. They got a very different picture indeed.
Well, that picture, the story and my reputation made it all over the school the next day. That was middle school....one that split the kids over to 2 different high schools, and my daughter had close friends at both. (I still hear about that picture from my youngest...now a Jr in HS)
ANYWAY...so this kid knew of that picture.
This was the first time meeting this kid, and I really didn't want some libtard parent freaking out over a gun, so I took a different approach in person. Instead, I had one of those Rambo knives from the 90's, complete with the ribbed back, compass, and compartment handle, that has a blade about 14" long that I'd polished to a mirror shine. Well, I'd thought ahead enough to put that in my car, so when I got home, I slipped it in the back of my pants and pulled my shirt over it.
So, I walk into the kitchen and see this gangly little kid, knees knocking, and my daughter trying to comfort him. Telling him: "Oh he's just a big teddy bear"
A few moments of introductions, and awkward speak, and just like I suspected, my wife and daughter leave him in the kitchen with me to do some last minute touch up to her make-up (AKA go ask mom what she thinks of this boy)
Now, I'm alone with this kid. After a solid minute of silence I reach behind me and start slowly pulling this friggin scythe while telling him in a very low voice"Now, I want ya'll to have a good time, but just know [pull it out with it separating our faces "commando style" which are now about 10" apart] ANYTHING you touch my daughter with, will be cut off with this" [evil grin] "And if you say ONE word to anyone about what I just said, remember, I know where you live"

I resheathed the knife and as if it were planned my daughter and wife come bouncing back in the room.

I think he pee'd a little

My wife said "Now you didn't scare poor [insert his name, can't remember, as it didn't last long] did you?"

Me- "Of course not" :p

About that time his mother arrived to take them out to the movie. I walked out to greet HER in the driveway and put on a GREAT show. Winking at him as they pulled out. When she got home she was VERY disappointed that he wouldn't even hold her hand at the movie :lol:

Glad it didn't work out, he ended up being a nutcase abuser. Talked to his mom like she was a DOG (no father)

But in the end...he DID talk about the knife incident (not to his mom but to friends) and THAT story got around too

While this MAY sound like some embellished, made up, he-man chest thumping tall tale, I promise you that you can ask my wife or kids about this and they'll begin with rolling their eyes :rolleyes: then giggle telling the same story

Last edited:
I have twins that are 19. One is at Francis Marion University studying to be a teacher/college professor. He made a 3.75 his first semester. I think I might have made a 2.0 if I was lucky my first semester. The second is at Florence Darlington Tech studying machine tooling and cnc programing. He goes there about 8am - about 2 Monday - Thursday. Then after that he goes to work at RBC here in Hartsville about 3 and gets off at 11. Friday he works 7 - 3. I'm very proud of both of them. They turn 20 the end of May. Forgot to mention they are both boys.

Last edited:
Yep, we went to SEWE this year to get some shots. Pretty awesome event. He filmed Ryan shooting a big gobbler last weekend. We'll have it online before long. Here is a little snippet.

Heh... I tried to date his wife once in college. :D

But for what's it worth, afterwards, I became a Marine Grunt and drew many a dick on the inside of a portajohn..

So in my own way, I'm a talented artist as well.

;)

EDIT - But on topic, I like my kids too.

Daughter #1 off and living on her own.
Daughter #2 will graduate from Liberty University in 2 weeks.

When in high school both told me their friends were scared of me ..... I told them I was fine with that!
The youngest texted my wife telling her about a boy she met her sophmore year at college.
I texted back a pic of a 9mm cartridge with his name written on it in sharpie.

Very thankful for them both!

Matt new laptop, no pics

Last edited:
Last night was middle school formal for my 14 year old daughter.

19749.jpeg
19748.jpeg

19751.jpeg

Boyfriend posed the pic so my daughter was down hill and it wasn't obvious she is 3 inches taller than him

I don't have a better pic of my oldest but this works

13771.jpeg

Last edited:
I just tell the boys while looking them dead in the eyes and a stern look, “Remeber this; anything you do to my daughter, I’m going to do to you.”
I've always liked the line, "You need to know 3 things. 1 - I've known the Sheriff a long time. 2- I have a lot of land. 3- I have a shovel."

My kids are older, my baby is 29 soon to me 30. She has given me three wonderful grandsons. While she doesn't go to a job every day and punch in, she is a very busy Mom, Mimi, sister and daughter. How she does all she does is beyond me. With all of the speech therapy, doctors appointments, Home schooling her Niece, on the athletic board that governs the kids sports, works the concession stand, sometimes coaches, keep a nice home for her, her husband, her brother and her niece. Sits down with her two that are in school, and her other niece that she also pics up from school, goes over their school work, helps them with their school work. Takes them to ball games, practice, makes them dinner, makes sure they have their baths and in bed at a decent time. Bottom line, she amazes me!

My youngest son, is an Army vet. He was medically discharged. Not his plan, his plan was to retire from there. He can be as big of an asshole as his dad, but, he has a heart of gold. He also wheels, and like his dad, has made many friends in the wheeling world. Very often, he's in his garage working on his stuff or out there with a friend or three, working on their stuff. With suffering fron PTSD, TBI, several back surgeries, and a shoulder surgery coming in August, he still finds a way and the time to be a Dad, a friend, and a great son.

My oldest son is very much different than his siblings. His main focus is on his music. he plays multiple instruments, and is in a band. Not my type of music(heavy metal) but they are doing pretty good, making recordings and getting their name out there. They tour some, and I hope one day they make it big. So if you like the heavy metal stuff, the name of his band is Black Demize. He plays Bass.

Back