The Official "It doesn't work since the upgrade" Thread...

Canb we get small orange paws instead of orange diamonds?
Thansk for the work...got to sleep, leaving at 4A headed to Tennessee

Tapatalk works fine once you remove your old shortcut, search again, add and login

Maybe it'll take some fiddling around...but I clicked on 'new posts'...posted in a thread...that thread then disappeared from 'what's new'...so I went to 'watched threads'...wasn't there either. Do I need to go back and adjust subscribed settings???

If you're the last to post in a thread, the software assumes you've read it and doesn't mark it in the 'new' list...

So upon a new post, it'll show up again in 'watched threads'??? I was assuming that was the new User CP subscribed list. Thanks.

So upon a new post, it'll show up again in 'watched threads'??? I was assuming that was the new User CP subscribed list. Thanks.

If you've got the option set to watch threads you post in - the default I'm guessing, unless Shawn was able to bring over old settings. Worth double checking and seeing some of the new options anway.

Just an opinion. I don't need to see the list of staff online, my avatar, and the list of everyone else online over to the right. Maybe move it down to the bottom that way the forum categories can be stretched out? I don't mind the change. A few months down the road it will all become normal.

Thanks Shawn/ Cydney for all your hard work.

There should be an option in your user settings that controls whether or not you automatically 'watch' a thread that you've replied in. There's also an option below the post editor (if you're not using quick reply, or hit the 'more options' button from quick reply).

If you're looking at the 'watched threads' page, there's a button at the bottom of the list to see ALL watched threads, not just the ones with new posts.

And if you hover over your name on the top right of every screen, there's a little dropdown menu with a button for "Your Content" that brings up all of your posts.

man,if it ain't broke don't fix it,i don't see any advantage to this,slow and hard to navigate.

I'm only going to say this once. The old forum was fucking busted. You didn't know it because we did a good job keeping it online. But it was 10 year old, unsupported, buggy code. The new software is going to be slow for a few days because it still has a lot of work to do with finishing the import from the old software. It's also slow because I have all the caching turned off, so that when I change colors or fonts or spacing, the changes appear immediately.

Edit: this sounds kinda terse now that I'm reading it a couple of hours later. I don't want to come across the wrong way... but it's important that everybody knows that we *could not* stay on the old software indefinitely.

It didn't import any of the events from the old calendar. And I don't think there's a way to add a calendar entry for an existing upcoming event thread. It's probably going to be easier to make a new upcoming event in the calendar, have it create a thread to go with the event, then merge the two threads. At least... that's the theory....

While using tapatalk either on iPad or iPhone. I have to sign in every time now as before I didn't have to. Something that can be fixed on our side or is it on the tapatalk side?

Jeremy, try logging out of the forum, then go and search for it again in the tapatalk directory. Then log into it from there. I think that's fixed the bugs for a lot of people.

Got a link? Attached photos should be 1000px square, max. You can embed them "full size" in the post, or just let it post thumbnails, then click on the thumbnail to view it in a lightbox.

On Tapatalk I could mark all threads read now they just keep pileing up.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone.

Does Tapatalk have a button to mark all threads read?

It did before the change and does currently on the other forum I use it for. Like when looking at latest post there is 'home' in the left and used to have a 'mark all read' button in the top right. Made it easier so when I check it again a few hours later there's only 20ish threads with new post, not 900ish, hahaha.

Really liking the new lay out. Good job!

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone.

I'm not sure how you did this, but since you changed my nc4x4 the EGR valve in my truck now needs cleaning.
Have you ever tried to tow 2 vehicles from TN to NC on 40 at 80mph with a clogged up EGR valve....bring back the old NC4x4 please so I can have my power back.

In all seriousness. Looks like members got there (burnt) orange diamonds but vendors don't have any?

Back