The Official "It doesn't work since the upgrade" Thread...

When I try to approve a request for a moderated section (ECORS Competitors), I get an error page "this web page cannot be displayed" due to site maintenance or a programming error...

Sounds like we're playing whack-a-mole with a bug in that script. I emailed the developer. In the meantime, just let me know what changes you want to make, and I can do it on the back end.

I rolled out a patch for the joinable groups this evening. Hopefully that fixes the bugs in the group moderation pane.

I can't see the first post on any part of the forum. It shows the user and a right carot but then the rest of the post is blank. Using windows 7 on IE9. Added to safe sites and updated so not sure what the issue is. My brother had the same issue on his android tablet and I tried google chrome with the same results. Any one else having this issue? Makes it hard to look at the for sale pages.

Nevermind I found I have to be logged into the forum for stuff to show up.

I noticed a bug the other day that's probably related to this. Sometimes when you're not logged in, the text in the first post gets stuffed down on the bottom right-hand side under an ad.

If you are logged in, it's fine.

why do I have to keep signing on nearly every day? I keep clicking the "save my credentials" button, etc. but since the switch, I have to sign on every day. Well, my computer has to keep physically signing me on and even sometimes it does it if I've been inactive for a little while. The old site, it was good until I logged off....

Seriously, though.... I'd probably start w/deleting your NC4x4 cookies, then logging in and checking the "remember me" button.

Assuming there's not something restrictive w/your browser settings that deletes cookies from one session to the next, etc. My work computer, for example, deletes *all* cookies every time you close the browser. It's not going to remember me next time regardless of what I do.

ive noticed the same thing, fwiw shawn.

alos if i open multi threads in new tabs half of them have postt#xxxxx not the thread title in the tab

I can't see the first post on any part of the forum. It shows the user and a right carot but then the rest of the post is blank. Using windows 7 on IE9. Added to safe sites and updated so not sure what the issue is. My brother had the same issue on his android tablet and I tried google chrome with the same results. Any one else having this issue? Makes it hard to look at the for sale pages.

Nevermind I found I have to be logged into the forum for stuff to show up.

This is fixed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333634110.657041.jpg

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

ive noticed the same thing, fwiw shawn.

alos if i open multi threads in new tabs half of them have postt#xxxxx not the thread title in the tab

Its still hapening.

Its like NC4x4 isn't keeping me logged on. My computer keeps recgonizin my credentials, but NC4x4 keeps logging me off.

Just this morning I signed on, left for a few hours, then tried to check my messages and got an error message that I must be logged on to perform that action. The log in info was populated automatically and I clicked "OK" and I was logged on.

This is frustrating. With the old site, I never had to do this, I was logged on all the time, like the site knew my IP address and when I typed in nc4x4.com I was already signed on, not even the need for the computer to sign me on every time....

There are a couple of different things at work here.

The first one is that your browser is set to 'remember' your login and password for the site. That's what is automatically populating those fields when you go to log in.

The second is the cookie that maintains your session credentials from one session to the next. This cookie has a special code that identifies your browser to the NC4x4 server and keeps you logged in.

Sometimes the cookie gets corrupted. Sometimes your computer is set to automatically delete the cookie after a certain period of time. Whenever that happens, you are "logged out" and have to present your login and password again. My guess is that either your cookie is screwed up, or you're not checking the "remember me" button when you log in that sets the persistent cookie.

The old software was really bad about corrupt cookies causing all sorts of weird problems.

With the new forums I have not been able to reply to a post on my kindle. When I touch the reply area it lights up like it should but the keyboard does not open up. It works fine on the log in area and works fine on my iPad and laptop. Is anyone else using a kindle and having this problem?

With the new forums I have not been able to reply to a post on my kindle. When I touch the reply area it lights up like it should but the keyboard does not open up. It works fine on the log in area and works fine on my iPad and laptop. Is anyone else using a kindle and having this problem?

My guess is that it's a problem with what they call the "rich text editor".

The NC4x4 software has two different post editors available. The default one is called the rich text editor, and shows in the preview pane exactly what you'll see in the finished post. So if there's BB code or images, it goes ahead and processes them and shows them right inline, as they'll be in the final post.

The other editor is a plain text editor, and it shows the BB code and the paths to the images and all that stuff. It's a little more old-school, but it leaves all the info out there for you to tweak before you make your post.

Some devices have problems with the rich text editor. If you click the little "A" button in the top right corner of the editor, it will switch back and forth between the two modes. You can also change it here: http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?account/preferences in your preferences.

If you need help, I can change it for you, too.

Back