The Discovery Project

Thanks for the offers to help out. I'll take ya'll up on it! I've just gotta get a couple small things finished up first. Mainly finishing up the brackets and drilling them out, and cutting and tacking my new crossmembers for the 4-links.

The rover is about 1.5 miles from the intersection of Harris Blvd. and Albermarle road. Not far from the University area.

If anyone has a plasma cutter, and would be willing to help a brother out that would be awesome. Otherwise I'll just keep cutting plate with a band saw, when the blades in the machine shop at school are decent.

Hey those used to be my axles. What happened to the disc brakes(that I never finished)

Finally an update!

The VW tech's face says it all....
DSC05124.JPG

Yea, I'm a little excited, and the blood was definatly pumpin'
DSC05121.JPG

A preview of things to come
DSC05132.JPG

Stay tuned next weekend for....

The back of the frame! :flipoff2:

The axle is about 8" back.. If you look at the center of the tire and the axle, you'll see the tire is a little too far forward from where it should really be.

Let me know when Jordan's gonna be back over there, I've got a lot more pics he'd probably like to see.

Hey Looks Great!!!

Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more pics. Are you going to take it behind that highschool for its first outting? LMAO!!!! Take care. Keep the pics coming.

Herbert:smokin:

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more pics. Are you going to take it behind that highschool for its first outting? LMAO!!!! Take care. Keep the pics coming.
Herebert:smokin:
Dearest Herebert,
Huh?
Sincerely,
Jon
PS: Pick a spelling for your name already.
PSS: Shouldn't you be out driving a buggy... around the golf course.
:smokin: :flipoff2: :D :huggy: :driver:

Hubert,herbert, or Herebert. Whichever one you are today,
I am writing to you in response to your recent idiotic and silly behavior. As a trained Psychiatrist I extremely urge you to begin taking your medicine again. Also Please for the love of our great sport, cease and disist your visiting of the following boards : NC4x4.com, Naxja.org, Mudsucks.com, NAGCA.com and Pirate4x4.com.
Sincerely Dr. Ryan C. Amos

:flipoff2:

So I'm finally getting somewhere with this whole thing.

Front coilover hoops (front truss in the works)
DSC05256.JPG

Rear coilover hoops (truss in the works)
DSC05252.JPG

And an added bonus I wasn't planning for...The rear seats still fit!

DSC05258.JPG

Hopefully I'll finish linking it up this weekend!

The final wheelbase is about 115"
DSC05158.JPG

I might be with the EtherBunny so I will make sure to bring some grubby clothes.

Looks really good man. Can't wait to see it in person. Hope you got it moved okay.

Andy

Back