Strongest full width axles

You could get that axle and run it no problem. If you bust a hub, just swap over to GM hubs. It all depends on how good of a price you can get on that axle. A Dana 60 from a CUCV is going to be 800 bucks or more, usually.

Why haven't you bought it yet?!

Bc I know nothing about Dana stuff. I'm fairly well rounded when it comes to Toyota stuff but this is a new thing I'm trying to learn about by getting helpful advice/info from people like you.....SO should I buy it?

For 300 bucks? Absolutely. If you decide not to use it, you could sell it for way more than that. Looks like a good investment to me.

I think it's a CAD axle. Text me at 336-953-4931 and I'll send you the pics he sent me of the axle. It has no locking hubs

If it's the same one in that picture, it absolutely has locking hubs. They're big, bulky, and made by Selectro. It's not a CAD axle. I see no actuator or sleeve in the axle tube. Also, if (and it does according to the posted picture) it has Selectro hubs, it didn't come out of a 93 model originally. They used internal hubs by that point, to the best of my knowledge. Also, Dodge didn't start using Dana 60 CAD axles until 1994 and it's a completely different axle setup, used a 4 link setup with coil springs, and had unit bearing hubs.

When buyin/lookin at Dodge 60's be sure its not a Dana 61.The easiest way I know to tell them apart is they will have a 3:07 ratio.A 61 can be used but its harder to regear them versus a reg 60.

not to be overlooked is a 35 spline 60 rear. strong enough and not quite as massive/heavy as the other options.

Also a rediclously strong would be the dana super 60 in ford 450-550 trucks they have 1550 ujoints at the knuckles and a 10 inch ring gear with 5.38 or 4.88 gears factory

At that point, Rockwells would be easier and probably cheaper. Who wants to try and find 10 lug rims for that bolt pattern in anything but a 19.5? A 1550 jointed shaft would be quite costly too.

And what would keep rocks from being street legal? A 1550 jointed chromo shaft is gonna be crazy expensive because there's not a demand for them and when you get to adding spacers to convert the 10 lug to 8 lug you will be getting close to Rockwell width without the strength or ground clearance.

Id try rocks on the road.

No ford uses the spacers you unbolt them and put studs in and vala you have 8-170 the stock shafts have been holding up to mud trucks with no problem its bacocaly a 60 with 70 internals .

Unles you use fancy brakes at the wheels the pinion brake is not enough to stop a rig going 55

Unles you use fancy brakes at the wheels the pinion brake is not enough to stop a rig going 55

Pinion brake would absolutely stop you from 55. It would brake fade and glow red hot but it would stop. It is definitely not legal or safe to use solely on the street. Plus for one to work you must be locked all the time, which would suck on the street.

Rocks would be fine on the street with wheel brakes. There are was to make wheel brakes cheaper, but you have to have the know how and tools. Rockwells also have more parasitic loss, so 55mph & 4cyl don't go together.

No ford uses the spacers you unbolt them and put studs in and vala you have 8-170 the stock shafts have been holding up to mud trucks with no problem its bacocaly a 60 with 70 internals .

Like said before put wheel brakes and rock out, nothing to keep them from being legal. Just because the stock shafts hold up to mud trucks doesn't mean it will hold up to hitting rocks, When your tire comes off the ground then slams to a rock and stops somethings gonna give but with mud the tire comes off the ground slams down on the ground and probably goes back to spinning.

I meant 1550 driveshaft, not axle shaft. Rocks also don't have pinion brakes on them in stock trim.

My point still remains that a Super 60 would cost a lot, if you could find one. Not to mention the OP wants to run 7.17s...I'm sure those are cheap too, if they even make them for that axle.

Back