selling your rig? not here unless you're popular...

Cooty was able to do in 3 posts what Jeppster couldn't do in 18 pages. Ruin this thread. It's dead.

Now babay Jesus is really crying. Not a "I just shit my diaper" cry, but "My head is stuck between the crib rails." kinda crying.

so i'm working on clearing this mountain behind my house that has some really old logging trails in it and leads to pond, pretty open if it can be driven into. started clearing the path to "get in" but the hill to get in is well, about facing the sky and too wet to try it. anyone in Boone area want to come by sometime, check it out and see if they think is worth the time and effort. it looks like could be some good hill climbs and one cocky hill, probably tons of mud and just 'woods' wheeling but could be something cool.

so i'm working on clearing this mountain behind my house that has some really old logging trails in it and leads to pond, pretty open if it can be driven into. started clearing the path to "get in" but the hill to get in is well, about facing the sky and too wet to try it. anyone in Boone area want to come by sometime, check it out and see if they think is worth the time and effort. it looks like could be some good hill climbs and one cocky hill, probably tons of mud and just 'woods' wheeling but could be something cool.

This is your property? you have written permission to cut/ride/wheel on it?

it belongs to my landlord and gave me permission to fish, hunt, ride 4wheeler(if I had one) when we moved in a year ago. so now i'm just getting around to really paying attention to the terrain and looks doable, nothing crazy for anyone to go out of their way to boone for but for any locals maybe. i'm gonna ask him to borrow his dozer to make the hill not so steep otherwise I don't know who the hell would get up it. i'll get a picture of the hill entrance tomorrow.

the 4wheeler path is too overgrown and narrow to make jeep trail so the "hill" entrance I found to be the easiest to get into the woods but its a hell of a hill. i'll get pictures tomorrow when I go back out and show the hill and some of the woods maybe to see ideas of how to make the hill less steep. take dirt out from top and throw at bottom or just add to bottom to make less angle? will keep posted

put it this way, the hill i'm talking about is "way" steeper than this so I don't know....
eric-down2.jpg
a lot steeper than that

I know where you can get some rocks.

If you still have trouble just mount 32's on the front. The smaller tires up front will transfer more weight to the front and will also help keep the front from picking up as much.

you could probably get up it if you had a doubler and a really low crawl ratio
ha ha ha, I had it in double low with my stock tires, which suck balls, and spun the shit out of it and nothing but half way but was also downporing like crazy. its really really loose dirt too so tomorrow its shoveling time I guess

ha ha ha, I had it in double low with my stock tires, which suck balls, and spun the shit out of it and nothing but half way but was also downporing like crazy. its really really loose dirt too so tomorrow its shoveling time I guess

You spun the shit out of what? Your tires? What's your top speed in double low?

I went to Richland rd this past weekend. Deff nothing to brag about. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep once or twice

I've seen pictures and heard tales of people driving stock Subaru's up Richlands Road.

For the OP, bragging about your trip to Richlands and how well your Jeep performed is akin to bragging about how you're the smartest kid in the "special" class.

Back