Return of the 7.3 SD

SO a baller like you would get one!
I need to introduce you to my bank account so we can clear up some misconceptions around here
Then you can meet what I call Wife and Kids
:laughing:

Under hood of mine. Need to clean it badly.

1F154F5F-327D-4D3E-95F3-CA3EFCE0610C.jpeg

F9BD6D17-AFF5-426E-8F18-25BF96D65BF4.jpeg

A1FB6981-FCD5-4B32-BEC7-77576F5A7A95.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep I figured as much. But you can spot major components unlike most modern engines. The diesels are horrible. My wife's Fusion compared to the old Pacifica is night and day. That Chrysler starts with a plastic cover that has more protection then modern Jeep skid plates and goes straight to cluttered everything.
I miss the days of setting on a Ramcharger fender legs dangling inside! Watching my dad do valve stem seals, carburator adjustments, and a top end reseal with tools that all fit in the top tray of a Craftsman tote tool box.

Yep I figured as much. But you can spot major components unlike most modern engines. The diesels are horrible. My wife's Fusion compared to the old Pacifica is night and day. That Chrysler starts with a plastic cover that has more protection then modern Jeep skid plates and goes straight to cluttered everything.
I miss the days of setting on a Ramcharger fender legs dangling inside! Watching my dad do valve stem seals, carburator adjustments, and a top end reseal with tools that all fit in the top tray of a Craftsman tote tool box.
Those setups did not lend themselves to the dealer service monopoly

When the 5.4 shats the bed on my 06 f150 I am seriously considering a 6.2 or 7.3 swap, cost be darned to a point. My wife has told me to buy a new truck so many times I've just dug my heels in and have decided I'm keeping this truck forever. I'm just not paying 60,000+ to drive 10k/yr. I don't feel bad paying 15k to swap a fun motor into a truck I already own if it needs an engine though. Especially since it will still look like a tired ol F150 that my wife hates 🤣

When the 5.4 shats the bed on my 06 f150 I am seriously considering a 6.2 or 7.3 swap, cost be darned to a point. My wife has told me to buy a new truck so many times I've just dug my heels in and have decided I'm keeping this truck forever. I'm just not paying 60,000+ to drive 10k/yr. I don't feel bad paying 15k to swap a fun motor into a truck I already own if it needs an engine though. Especially since it will still look like a tired ol F150 that my wife hates 🤣
This will be my number one excuse when the wife finds out how much I want to dump toward my heep. I want it street friendly and multipurpose, or we can always spring for payments on a newish Bronco?!? We are nearly debt free except for a camper. I want to keep it that way.

This will be my number one excuse when the wife finds out how much I want to dump toward my heep. I want it street friendly and multipurpose, or we can always spring for payments on a newish Bronco?!? We are nearly debt free except for a camper. I want to keep it that way.
Being debt free is the main reason that I haven't went and got a bronco... that and they still over priced

Being debt free is the main reason that I haven't went and got a bronco... that and they still over priced

The main reason should be because ford can’t even figure out how to build them without waiting forever

Old build is about 6k more now then when we placed the order. And we still don’t have it yet 😂

Tremor package will be 4.30 gears and limited slip front with e locker rear. That would be cool for a resto mod for sure.

Tremor package will be 4.30 gears and limited slip front with e locker rear. That would be cool for a resto mod for sure.
Be nice to drop a bumpside ford crewcab on that.

View attachment 398251

Saw a few at the f100 show a few weeks ago
A friend of mine had his grandpa's F100 with a coyote swap in that show. Was inside some building with a bail of hay on it. I thought it was pretty cool from what I saw. It's on my bucket list now.

Matt's truck is in here at 19:20 or so. Definitely would like to go to this one day.

What kinds of fuel mileage are you guys seeing?
I get about 8 - 9 in the mountains but flat ground see 10 towing the jeep. Jeep is 6440 on my trailer. Around town I see 14 - 15.
Hauling 6-8...highway unloaded 16ish. That's across a fleet of 10 trucks.
I see about the same. Are your trucks hauling a heavy load? Say over 7K? I really haven't seen 16 yet. But I have yet to take a road trip with lots of cruse. 30K miles of going to the shop 40 miles and errands around town and towing.

I get about 8 - 9 in the mountains but flat ground see 10 towing the jeep. Jeep is 6440 on my trailer. Around town I see 14 - 15.

I see about the same. Are your trucks hauling a heavy load? Say over 7K? I really haven't seen 16 yet. But I have yet to take a road trip with lots of cruse. 30K miles of going to the shop 40 miles and errands around town and towing.

There’s a little weight there…and my guys typically deadhead on the way back…

IMG_3142.jpeg
IMG_3137.jpeg
IMG_1030.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpeg
    IMG_1030.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 39
Back