Random Thoughts.....

Man I'll take it.
Monday I was running in base layers, sweats and gloves.
Today I peeled off a shirt and finished the run topless - no pics you pervs...dont need @Jody Treadway to add another one to the BTmoob club.
I'll take 20 over 90 any day. I can always add a layer, but there's only so much i can take off before the cops get involved!

I'll take 20 over 90 any day. I can always add a layer, but there's only so much i can take off before the cops get involved!
Exactly and welding nekked isn't a very rewarding sport!

I’m the opposite.
I may sweat and be hot but I can drip and work just as hard. When it gets much below about 45 my muscles just shut down and I’m a shivering trembling mess.

This time of year I keep my extra beer in a case out in the garage bc its just as cool as the fridge or more.
Tonight not thinking I went out, grabbed one, cracked it open, chugged and almost spit it back out bc it was room temp. Damnit.

I’m the opposite.
I may sweat and be hot but I can drip and work just as hard. When it gets much below about 45 my muscles just shut down and I’m a shivering trembling mess.
When you have been a shivering trembling mess and it's 100 degrees outside you'll know how heat works against me. Twice I've fell out from heat. First was during two a days football practice. Second was doing hay work a few years later. Haven't been the same since. The older I get the longer it takes me to recover from hot humid days if I push myself to far. I stopped racing motorcycles when I couldn't do my job like I should Two days after a long harescramble. I was in the best shape of my life but I just couldn't recoup from the heat exhaustion.

I use to be like that. I use to ride my motorcycle to work on sub 20° days like it was nothing. Then I turned 40 and anything under 30 made my face hurt.

I can still walk around in short sleeves in 40° weather but anything below freezing just hurts.

Then after I turned 50 my feet really started letting me know they didn't like the cold. When it's below 45 or so I need to wear heated socks if I'm outside for any amount of time. Getting old sucks

I still hate any day over 85° but I'm leaning more towards heat than cold the older I get

I use to be like that. I use to ride my motorcycle to work on sub 20° days like it was nothing. Then I turned 40 and anything under 30 made my face hurt.

i dont ride to work unless its 60F or more in the am. Im a #vagina when it comes to cold.

Seen a pack of sport bikes last night out about 10pm I know they were about to die
I'd say that's generally true for guys riding sportbikes in a pack at 10pm regardless of the weather.

The cold doesn't bother me much for some reason. I don't like 10 degree weather, but normal NC winters are comfortable. I HATE hot weather though. Always have. If there is work around my house that can't wait until the fall, then I will do that work early. Sometimes VERY early. I've gotten up early and shoveled dirt at 5am with a head light on before to avoid having to work in the heat of the day with the sun beating down on me. When I built my shed, I started in the fall, worked through the winter into the spring, then stopped when summer hit. I resumed the next fall, worked through the winter and into the next spring again.

The cold doesn't bother me much for some reason. I don't like 10 degree weather, but normal NC winters are comfortable. I HATE hot weather though. Always have. If there is work around my house that can't wait until the fall, then I will do that work early. Sometimes VERY early. I've gotten up early and shoveled dirt at 5am with a head light on before to avoid having to work in the heat of the day with the sun beating down on me. When I built my shed, I started in the fall, worked through the winter into the spring, then stopped when summer hit. I resumed the next fall, worked through the winter and into the next spring again.

I definitley get the desire to do outside work on a nice WNC fall day. Still hate the cold. I was stationed in Alaska North Pole for a year, and it ruined me for all cold. My last duty station was Tampa FL - I grew up in Augusta Ga. I guess my nordic ass just acclimated to hot air. I love sweating in outdoor labors, and all my womens have loved the sweat too lol

Half of the entire country makes less than the median income.

(wait for it)

Half of the entire country makes less than the median income.

(wait for it)
Yeah, but way less than half the country makes more than the average income…

Completely baffled as to how I walked out of Sam’s with 1 pack of TP, 1 pack of Paper towels, 1 bottle of detergent and 1 pack of steaks and my account was depleted by $100.
Wagyu baby 🤣

I have an Umbrella sun shade over some patio furniture. It is retractable and has LED lights under the canopy. After 4 years it’s time to replace the canopy because…Florida.

The hardware is all good, everything functions, just the cloth needs replacing. I am learning how to sew and it sounded like a fun project. I couldn’t believe it when I looked it up. I can replace the whole damn umbrella, like for like cheaper than I can buy the cloth. TFW??

I hate to toss this frame, but damn!

Wonder what I can do with the old frame?
IMG_5268.jpeg

I have an Umbrella sun shade over some patio furniture. It is retractable and has LED lights under the canopy. After 4 years it’s time to replace the canopy because…Florida.

The hardware is all good, everything functions, just the cloth needs replacing. I am learning how to sew and it sounded like a fun project. I couldn’t believe it when I looked it up. I can replace the whole damn umbrella, like for like cheaper than I can buy the cloth. TFW??

View attachment 411786
Hang your tightly whities on it to dry and repel the neighbors........or you'll make friends.....it is Florida.

View attachment 411786
let it go GIF

Reminds me of that commercial about NOT turning into your parents. No... There's no need to keep that box... Yeah.. I know it's a good box... But let it go! We're not in the depression 😎

let it go GIF

Reminds me of that commercial about NOT turning into your parents. No... There's no need to keep that box... Yeah.. I know it's a good box... But let it go! We're not in the depression 😎
I've delt with more of that this weekend.......another several buckets of trash and scrap. Been working every so often for over 12 years. I can't remember how many loads of scrap metal, wood, and general trash I've moved. I could stop everything and work a solid month and still not be finished.

Back