Random Thoughts.....

A wind turbine and a rectifier are hanging out at a music festival. The wind turbine asks the rectifier “what’s your favorite type of music?”, to which the rectifier responds “AC/DC.” Then the rectifier asks the wind turbine “How about you, what type of music do you like?” Wind turbine says “I’m a big metal fan.”

[drops mic]
I just laughed out loud at work. This is hilarious.

One of my best friends from HS just messaged me to tell me that he and his 2nd wife of 11 years are FINALLY pregnant.

He's 49 and has 3 kids from a previous marriage (23/20/19)

You'd have to send the FBI to find my ass if I found out my wife was pregnant right now. No damn way I'm chasing a toddler of my own at 50, and going to HS graduation at 65+

One of my best friends from HS just messaged me to tell me that he and his 2nd wife of 11 years are FINALLY pregnant.

He's 49 and has 3 kids from a previous marriage (23/20/19)

You'd have to send the FBI to find my ass if I found out my wife was pregnant right now. No damn way I'm chasing a toddler of my own at 50, and going to HS graduation at 65+
So obviously your reply was "Who is the dad?" :D

Try watching 2008-2012 Silverados bring a grand over full KBB retail at wholesale auctions.
[Condescending old man slap on the shoulder]
Oh young one...you've not been paying attention to the "holy grail" listings have you: 99-2003 7.3 powerstroke 4x4.

20 yr old trucks with 250k + miles listed sometimes $30k

I love driving a beater. I'm perfectly fine with a 15 year old truck.

"I keep getting older, they stay the same age"

That guy was onto something.
Alright alright alright

The day you find out you have a co-worker that has a phobia of smiley faces....

Oh, how much fun it can be. :)

It amazes me how many short sighted drivers exist. This morning, I am in the left lane behind another car who is driving a little slower than I would like, but not enough to really annoy me. A car comes up on my ass, then gets over in the right hand lane only to have to slow down when they get right up beside me because now a car is in front of them going slower than myself and the car in front of me. So the moron files back in line behind me. We pass the car in the right hand lane, and again he moves over into the right lane, gets about up beside me, and then has to slow down again because we have now overtaken another car driving slower in the right hand lane. So once again the moron files back in line behind me.

Here is your sign:
1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=351,version=1547213188.jpg

Yup, I lived that out about a dozen times this morning in a commute from north of Baltimore down to Arlington, VA...

It amazes me how many short sighted drivers exist. This morning, I am in the left lane behind another car who is driving a little slower than I would like, but not enough to really annoy me. A car comes up on my ass, then gets over in the right hand lane only to have to slow down when they get right up beside me because now a car is in front of them going slower than myself and the car in front of me. So the moron files back in line behind me. We pass the car in the right hand lane, and again he moves over into the right lane, gets about up beside me, and then has to slow down again because we have now overtaken another car driving slower in the right hand lane. So once again the moron files back in line behind me.

Here is your sign:

Hes hoping the moron in front of you gets the point.
The left lane is for passing, if you arent actively passing another car get the fuck out of it.

I wish it was legal to PIT manuever and left lane squatters into the guardrail. Trigger activated.

Hes hoping the moron in front of you gets the point.
The left lane is for passing, if you arent actively passing another car get the fuck out of it.

I wish it was legal to PIT manuever and left lane squatters into the guardrail. Trigger activated.

We were actively passing two cars. The same number of times the moron behind me sawed himself off.

If the guy in font of you was slowing you down he was wrong. if you were slowing the guy behind you down you were wrong.
That's my stance. But Im a rage interstate driver.

I try to remember you never know what the other dude was dealing with. Maybe his mom was dieing in the hospital and he was rushing to get there for a last word. Maybe he needed to shit and was about to crap himself. Maybe he just had a fucked up day and was in a huryy. Maybe he was just a raging asshole and wanted to be first....regardless the good neighbor in me would have gotten out of his way and let him push bump the guy in front of you out of the way.

I hear you on the not knowing what the other person has going on. I am generally a courteous driver and move to the right for those moving faster behind me, but if I am in the process of passing someone, I am NOT moving over until I am done with my pass. Anyone behind me will just have to wait.

If the guy in font of you was slowing you down he was wrong. if you were slowing the guy behind you down you were wrong.

But even if the guy in front of you is slowing you down - if he is passing somebody, then he isn't in the wrong. He's doing exactly what he should be doing. He's just not doing it as fast as you would like.

I have a lead foot. I like to drive fast. I have gotten way better over the years, and generally keep it < 7-9 over, unless the bulk of traffic is just moving that fast. But... I have a fun car and I like to use it. Accelerating is fun.
However, I've also learned to respect that everybody has their own limits of what they consider a speed they are comfortable with, and we all have to share the road with one another and get along. I'd rather somebody drive slower and feel comfy than speed up just for me, and feel skittish. So, I don't expect people to just get the fuck out of my way, and especially to make a quick maneuver into another lane where they may get caught stuck slowing down just because I want to go faster than them. I do IF they can and it won't impede them greatly.

I try to remember you never know what the other dude was dealing with./QUOTE]
I hear you on the not knowing what the other person has going on.
and to add maybe they are teaching their kid how to drive.I never took that in to consideration until I started teaching Jake to drive.I know we pissed some folks off

Back