Random pic thread.

Guessing he rented since that isn't a toyhauler and it is a 5ver. We stay in ocean lakes next door to pirate land. We love going down there when its not busy.
Is there a such thing as that place not being busy? I lived in Myrtle Beach for a couple of years after high school. Every time I went to ocean lakes to hang out it was busy and that was 20 years ago.

Do you rent your cart or bring it?
We rented, I don't own one and technically your not allowed to bring your own unless you own a permanent space. But I just seen a guy across from us unload his golf cart out of his toy hauler so if noone sees you it probably will never be a problem.

Is there a such thing as that place not being busy? I lived in Myrtle Beach for a couple of years after high school. Every time I went to ocean lakes to hang out it was busy and that was 20 years ago.
This time of year they are probably 80% full. Go in June July and August are pretty much 100% booked up. We bounce around from ocean lakes, pirateland and lakewood.

We go in September and usually a couple times around Christmas and new year. Its a little busy is September but sorta dead in the winter.

What are the average rates?
They change depending on the time of year and how close you get to the beach. We like being back away from the water 1. Not as much traffic going past your site 2. If you get back away from the beach into the trees you have built in shade during the hot months 3. Since the trees are around alot of sites are irregular in size and alot of them are larger because of it 4. They are cheaper per night. My wife booked this week for us while I was working Wed through Sat 3 nights for $160.

They change depending on the time of year and how close you get to the beach. We like being back away from the water 1. Not as much traffic going past your site 2. If you get back away from the beach into the trees you have built in shade during the hot months 3. Since the trees are around alot of sites are irregular in size and alot of them are larger because of it 4. They are cheaper per night. My wife booked this week for us while I was working Wed through Sat 3 nights for $160.
Seems reasonable

We didn't build this one, but it showed up at our shop for some reason. Gift from some local artist maybe? I don't know.
IMG_20190419_144112920.jpg

Guessing he rented since that isn't a toyhauler and it is a 5ver. We stay in ocean lakes next door to pirate land. We love going down there when its not busy.

Could have been tho. Didn’t feel like hunting the model. Lots of trailers have side loading ramps for small toy area in a fold up bunkhouse room. For motorcycles or golf cart or handicap cart etc.

PSA

be sure to open the vent on your drain pan before attempting to empty 15 quarts of oil into it.View attachment 291375

Those things are crap. I got one on sale about 10 years ago, and the first time I used it (on one of the Subarus) the drain got overwhelmed in a few seconds and flooded over. Luckily I had a drip pan underneath. I gave it away, because if it can't keep up with the drain rate, it's completely useless.

What's a "brake shoe"?

:D

Seriously though, I have 3 cars in the driveway with brake shoes.

For the parking brakes.

:D
my last Jeep had brake shoes.... And they weren't even hooked up... I'm not sure if the proud new owner hooked them up or not yet... And I'm jealous, I'd rather kept it, but because I agreed to our deal, I followed through against my better judgement @336wheeler .

PSA

be sure to open the vent on your drain pan before attempting to empty 15 quarts of oil into it.View attachment 291375

cut the center out of the top, i have 3 of those in my service van, don’t go out to the edge, but have the center open about 6” and you’ll be fine. you won’t store oil in it anymore, but it’ll allow you to pour back into another jug.

also, if / when you break the drain cap, any antifreeze bottle cap will work after you cut the lock ring off.

Back