Random pic thread.

Sis came by today with her FJ40, unfortunately she was on her way to a dinner so she couldn't stay too long. It's an '83.. I was a little off.

Completely stock, and in VERY good condition. My poor, quick cell phone pictures do it very little justice. She let me drive it around a little, it has a cough that I was dying to diagnose and tinker with it. Like, fighting the urge to pop the hood and tinker. Had to keep reminding myself that it's not mine!

She has been daily driving it since she got it!

IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3802.JPG
IMG_3804.JPG
IMG_3805.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG

Every boil I've ever done had shrimp in it. Hate I missed Charlottes Louisiana fest. That looks like it was a good time.

the beer was great.... the shrimp and crawfish were way over cooked and definitely not fresh LOL good music and people though

IMG_6148.JPG

TJ towing camper, he skated the light, no way he was gonna stop
Smithfield yesterday

Saw this the other day at the truckstop.Id like to say this is the first time I have saw such a thing goin down the interstate but sadly it's not.
1636569ccf58f74c2ad620e5344c3061.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Theres an auto auction just up the interstate about 10 miles from there and you see that stuff all the time,This was just the first time I was able to get a pic.Thats pretty tame compared to some Ive seen.

So what's the GVWR on that box truck?

Gotta admit, I'm impressed with the fit of that SUV in there...

So, we all agree with the sentiment, but there are some major flaws in this.
- The tax math is completely wrong. A family of 4 at 52k will pay almost nothing in taxes, due to deductions etc. Even w/o that, the logic is flawed b/c you don't pay the same rate on the whole amount earned, it increased by tier. So John Legal is starting off with way more money.
- Juan Illegal doesn't get full medical care. He only get minimum emergency care - enough to be patched up and pushed out the door. Hospitals don't keep them around any longer than necessary b/c they aren't getting a dime for them. No preventative care, prescription coverage, etc. Talk to anybody else that has no insurance, and ask them how they feel about their level of health care.
- In many states Juan Illegal doesn't qualify for food stamps, WIC or welfare
- Public housing vouchers require proof of citizenship. If Juan is getting them it's b/c he lied, not b/c the system overlooked it.

Illegal immigration is indeed theft, but the facts are not nearly as dramatic as this makes it seem.

Back