Random pic thread.

Well, it probably won’t produce diesel going down the road like my old Cummins did, but the comfort factor makes up for that!

are you recommending swapping to 18s due to cost or something else? They put new tires on it today, so hopefully they will last a little while.
So you had one of those mythical 30 mpg diesel trucks???

Well, it probably won’t produce diesel going down the road like my old Cummins did, but the comfort factor makes up for that!

are you recommending swapping to 18s due to cost or something else? They put new tires on it today, so hopefully they will last a little while.
Cost mainly, also ride quality. You can get tires for 18s in the $700 installed range, whereas 20s are generally $1100-1400 depending on what you want. The extra sidewall also helps smooth out the bumps. And I believe they are lighter, so better mpg, but not enough to matter.

Last edited:
Who’s measuring this stuff? My 05 5.9 6 speed is averaging like 20?!?! The only diesel it makes is what’s added to the oil. How are y’all getting this shit?

I had a 2wd five speed SW 7.3 crew cab once and 18 was the best I could get.Ive never got more than 15 out of my DW trucks.MY 06 CC will get 13 pretty regular.

These door pins and bushings had seen better days. Things were straight up toasted.
20210116_234805.jpg

20210116_232413.jpg

20210116_232910.jpg

Cost mainly, also ride quality. You can get tires for 18s in the $700 installed range, whereas 20s are generally $1100-1400 depending on what you want. The extra sidewall also helps smooth out the bumps. And I believe they are lighter, so better mpg, but not enough to matter.
I believe that 18" tires can have the highest load rating vs 17 or 20.

When you need to drill a hole in some 3/8" plate, but your big morse taper shank drill chuck has disappeared, you grab the BIG drill chuck off the lathe. Except it doesn't go small enough for the arbor, so then you gotta get your big 1/2" shank drill chuck and chuck it in the BIG drill chuck. To give you an idea of the scale, thats a 1.5" hole saw at the bottom.
20210117_000100.jpg

I was cleaning out an old storage closet from my grandparents house and found a duffel bag I carried home and back for four years of college. It’s seen better days but before tossing there was clearly a few small things in an end pouch.

opened and this made me lol
We got prize tickets from the Myrtle beach pavilion
F25795DE-0118-477E-953E-A25E6D1A3814.jpeg

And a half can of Copenhagen snuff.
For the youngins who don’t remember what it sued to look like here is a historical artifact .

1678F759-41F4-4240-979B-5912BBF9E96A.jpeg

96DAB88B-D349-4B78-9567-46C175241F8A.jpeg
7E52A259-2424-423F-8BC4-D94A0B145AA1.jpeg

I was cleaning out an old storage closet from my grandparents house and found a duffel bag I carried home and back for four years of college. It’s seen better days but before tossing there was clearly a few small things in an end pouch.

View attachment 336029

For the youngins who don’t remember what it sued to look like here is a historical artifact .

View attachment 336031
View attachment 336032View attachment 336030
Nice and fresh.

My house was built in the mid 80s and on city water and sewer, but it's always had this dumbass faux well house next to the driveway. Finally decide to get rid of it today and turns out there actually is a creepy old well under it.

Attachments

• 20210117_171859_HDR.jpg
    20210117_171859_HDR.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210117_171500_HDR.jpg
    20210117_171500_HDR.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 146
My house was built in the mid 80s and on city water and sewer, but it's always had this dumbass faux well house next to the driveway. Finally decide to get rid of it today and turns out there actually is a creepy old well under it.
So it wasn't a faux well house after all?

The first house we bought had a piece of plywood on the basement floor. One day we lifted it up.... There was a 4'x4'x10'concrete box with a ladder. No clue what it was for but damn creepy

You got to get a camera down there.
Could be a dead body or oak island treasure.

Or...we could use it to store a few new dead bodies

Seems like something you could have deduced BEFORE you destroyed it :laughing:

But im also happy you went ahead and destroyed it anyway :D

You need to fill it with some type of propellant and launch something out of it. :popcorn:

View attachment 336029

View attachment 336031
View attachment 336032View attachment 336030
Add a little water to it and it’ll be fine.

Back