Pitbull Tire’s meltdown

I would agree except most comments about the performance of the tires isn't positive, and I haven't seen advertisement outside of social media for them. He better invest in some advertisement and maybe some tread performance or rubber compound research or something instead of relying on 50 and 60% off sales (which is the only reason I bought a set.)

Duane
My understanding is that most of their sales are in the tractor/truck pulling world.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got a set of good year ultra sprayers on the 4830, firestone deep tread seems to be the best lasting tractor tire I’ve seen

While I can appreciate someone speaking about their beliefs, when running a business it’s best to remain verbally neutral. What’s confusing to me is all his pro-Merica talk and then moving production overseas. And while I agree the virus shutdown was an over reaction, it was necessary for a shorter period of time. Certainly doesn’t make much sense to blame the left for a virus and could have more elaborately expanded on his belief the left fueled further lockdowns, which would have made him look a little less of an idiot.

Contrary to some in here, not one person who runs Pitbulls, that I have known, disliked them.

While I can appreciate someone speaking about their beliefs, when running a business it’s best to remain verbally neutral. What’s confusing to me is all his pro-Merica talk and then moving production overseas. And while I agree the virus shutdown was an over reaction, it was necessary for a shorter period of time. Certainly doesn’t make much sense to blame the left for a virus and could have more elaborately expanded on his belief the left fueled further lockdowns, which would have made him look a little less of an idiot.

Contrary to some in here, not one person who runs Pitbulls, that I have known, disliked them.
I don't know anything about the business situation or whats going on.
But it's worth noting that sometimes in order to save a company, and maintain ANY American jobs, you have to ship production elswhere. I mean, if the option is either fold completely, or dramatically downsize, or keep most of the non-mfr jobs and ship out a part of the rest... the net is still better with #3.

I will NEVER buy another Pitbull tire!!!!

To be fair its because the one set I had sucked ass and the next set I tried to buy they never shipped.
IDGAF about their political beliefs, buts that's a bad business move to post that from an official corp account

My understanding is that most of their sales are in the tractor/truck pulling world.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If that is the case then it just exemplifies my comment IMO. On the website there is a section for several different tires including ATV, drag racing, and pulling, but when you click the section it says no tires available. In fact on the whole website I only found four tire styles in less than probably 20 sizes. They do have a large RC car tire offering though.....

Duane

7b5ec2f666e9ec137b8fccff405910b0.jpg

e3be3beae786dd0249ac4b44bfd6fdac.jpg

Everything gets swampers, the Murrican made ones....... okay maybe I have a little zest of white trash in my blood

4e0ae0ab4e51ef4db5343ad8e018be79.jpg

Anybody wanna start up a gumbo mudder factory?

If those are BFGs, they're probably from Alabama.

Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Yokohama, Pirelli also have US tire plants I believe.

I know the bfg’s are from Alabama, and I know one of the guys that personally built them. That’s his career.

Not sure where the sticky SX is physically made, but’s it’s a Louisiana company. I know they are definitely produced in the USA though after the USA/import super swamped debacle.

Alot of the OEM Bridgestone/Firestone Tire’s are made in Wilson. One of my former employees works there. They make more for oem use than for private customer use, and they aren’t the same tire even if the same label.

Oem Tire’s that go to manF are better than what’s available to public.

I’ve never seen a Pitbull tire that worked well in real life.

That's interesting, if a bit surprising. I've seen folks claim that the OEM tires are short on tread, soft on compound, etc, to explain why the first set of tires on a new vehicle never seems to last very long. I guess part of it could be determined by how you choose to define "better"....

I know the bfg’s are from Alabama, and I know one of the guys that personally built them. That’s his career.

Not sure where the sticky SX is physically made, but’s it’s a Louisiana company. I know they are definitely produced in the USA though after the USA/import super swamped debacle.

I know my TSLs I just bought came from Jacksonville Florida, I dunno where they were manufactured though.

Edit: I fucked up, the wheels came from there FL, I just looked at the shipping invoice they came from LA.

Last edited:
That's interesting, if a bit surprising. I've seen folks claim that the OEM tires are short on tread, soft on compound, etc, to explain why the first set of tires on a new vehicle never seems to last very long. I guess part of it could be determined by how you choose to define "better"....

From what he told me the OEM tires are “better” bc of the additive packages they can afford to put in them. This would make the consumer tire cost much more, as the oem buy so many it offsets the final price.

I’ve seen several sets of oem GM times last 1.5x to 2x as long as their replacements of the same label but purchased privately.

The ones he was specifically referring to were GM 2500-3500 stuff and Toyota sedans.

Alot of the OEM Bridgestone/Firestone Tire’s are made in Wilson. One of my former employees works there. They make more for oem use than for private customer use, and they aren’t the same tire even if the same label.

I’ve never seen a Pitbull tire that worked well in real life.

OEM Tires are held to a slightly tighter tolerance on balance and run out.

Also they tend to be softer compound slightly, the car company's want them to ride as good as they possibly can for test drives and the first year.
Even if that means the tires may wear out faster then expected.

This is not always the case of course but it does happen.

So by OEM...are we saying what they roll off the assembly line with, or does that include if you get tires at the local dealership as well???

So by OEM...are we saying what they roll off the assembly line with, or does that include if you get tires at the local dealership as well???

By oem I mean the ones sent to the manF.

The ones you buy from the dealer are the private sale ones.

And I don’t mean what I said to apply to all oem tires, I’m just sharing what I’ve been told by the guy making two distinct lines of tires for two specific vehicles.

His initial comment was it’s not the same tire. It may have the same thing on sidewall and label, but everything is different. Sidewall, tread, carcass, everything. I probably shouldn’t be posting this in the public area.

By oem I mean the ones sent to the manF.

The ones you buy from the dealer are the private sale ones.

And I don’t mean what I said to apply to all oem tires, I’m just sharing what I’ve been told by the guy making two distinct lines of tires for two specific vehicles.

His initial comment was it’s not the same tire. It may have the same thing on sidewall and label, but everything is different. Sidewall, tread, carcass, everything. I probably shouldn’t be posting this in the public area.
Most already know there’s a difference in the oem tire specs.

I probably shouldn’t be posting this in the public area.

Not the first time it's been posted on public forums. I have a buddy that was an executive for BFG back in the late 90's that said the same things on public motorcycle forums :lol:

Many OEM tires are special compounds developed on a contractual basis between the manufacturer and the automotive entity. To the extent you go to the dealership to buy a tire later, those are the same Replacement tires you could get from Discount Tire, Tirerack, Sams Club, etc.

Oftentimes there is overlap. An OEM tire might be the same EXACT tire as a Replacement tire but is marketed/sold under a different product name.

FWIW, Continentals are largely made in the US (Illinois, South Carolina, or Mississippi) assuming you are referring to P/LT or Two-Wheel tires (not bicycles, those are Germany).

Some of their General line of tires (i.e. what most of us would be purchasing) are US made but some are made overseas (Europe, Asia, South America).

My MTR/Ks and Nitto Ridge Grapplers were both Made in USA, just FYI

My uncle was a logistics guy for Colonial Rubber for a long time. He told us the same thing.
OEM tires design to ride and feel nice AND have higher reliability/lower return/failure rate. B/c the dealership dosn't want your ass coming back w/ a bad tire... until that warranty period is over.

Back