one ton toyota on 42's

only up date so far more to come when i get back from vacation after next week maybe i can start on my cage i have the tube just cant find the time to get it knocked out

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_IMG00069_20110823_1853.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_IMG00068_20110823_1853.jpg

Well until I can shit out another couple hundred bucks nothing lol... But we have it planned out for the most part. I'm still tying to figure out what to do for a front bumper, kinda want a plate style but idk. We had about 15 hours between bending, thinking, welding, and beer we threw that together it still needs a few braces here and there and a side to side load tie. Maybe next time I have a little more time ill finish it up

well last night i found the weak link in the drive train.. did a little stump jumpin in my woods and slam no forward or reverse gears and my front t-case want go in gear.. so i guess ill be pulling those back out for repair and while im at it i can install my twin stick that ive had for almost a year

Thats what happens when you follow a jeep.......

well got my cases torn down last night install new front case housing cleaning the slop off the rear case today and putting it together tonight!!

before
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_case1.jpg

crap pile
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_case2.jpg

input for rear case
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_case3.jpg

new housing left
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_case4.jpg

crawl box shit brown!
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_case5.jpg

well got the cases some what in i didnt remember what a pain in the ass this was but last time i did have some help... i got the crossmember bolted up but none of the tcase hole are in line WTF ill have to mess with it today.. its always something....

so just found out some great info i could of used like a week ago and before i got gear oil back in the cases.............. just tested them out no two high surprise!! so i call marlin crawler and they confirmed what i thought the shift rails in the front case differ between forward shift cases.. guess what the later trans takes a shorter shift rail that i have two of on the bench. i guess ill run it like this till she breaks again!

so if you do a dual setup make sure if you have a forward shift case it matches the trans year or the crap wont work!

Looks pretty sweet. Simple, compact, and stout. Throw it on there and use it.

Back