Mass shooting in Vegas

hunterdan

Sad to see this morning that over 50 people were killed at Jason Aldean concert. Prayers to the families.

I looked up the shooters name on facebook and found a new page regarding the shooting. Lot's of sincere and thoughtful messages and lot's of liberals posting political agenda statements regarding guns and the evil people that think they need semi auto firearms.

Hard to believe the speed at which gun haters will spew their memorized statements when bodies are still being recovered.

God bless the families of those victims.

Just seeing it myself. Wow.
Gunman Stephen paddock is dead atleast and no threat anymore. Hard to imagine there's a place in hell left bad enough for a piece of garbage like that.
Definitely very intrested to see more on as to why.

Definitely very interested to see more on as to why.

Don't care why. The damage is done, and his personal reasons brought upon by obvious mental illness don't matter except to people trying to prevent this from happening again. This is no understanding or rationalizing the thoughts of someone like that, no way to make sense of it, etc..

At least high school basketball players arent getting free shoes anymore. Way to go FBI!

From the videos I have seen of it, it appears the rifle was full auto, the spacing between shots were very consistent. If it was full auto, then those have been outlawed for civilian ownership.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've seen wild speculation from all corners. The last was ties to Antifa....who the hell knows. Rest assured CheaperthanDirt immediately raised their prices on all AK-47 related parts, accessories and 7.62 ammo

If it was full auto, then those have been outlawed for civilian ownership.
Conversion of an AK to full auto is stupid easy

Don't care why. The damage is done, and his personal reasons brought upon by obvious mental illness don't matter except to people trying to prevent this from happening again. This is no understanding or rationalizing the thoughts of someone like that, no way to make sense of it, etc..
Everything is of cause and effect and if there's more to the story we need to know it.

Damn.

It's not a gun problem, it's a mental illness problem.

Did see this pic....I think, if all the cops were taking cover behind a car...I wouldn't be standing in the street for a selfie....

44F42A0A00000578-4939872-image-m-22_1506938387521.jpg

Definitely very intrested to see more on as to why.

Same here...wasn't adding up for me. Gun owner, typically leans more right. Country music, typically leans more right. So I don't see it being a right vs left thing. Then thought maybe it was a cleansing of 'sin city' thing...but the reports I heard said the guy was a resident.

Same here...wasn't adding up for me. Gun owner, typically leans more right. Country music, typically leans more right. So I don't see it being a right vs left thing. Then thought maybe it was a cleansing of 'sin city' thing...but the reports I heard said the guy was a resident.
Exactly.

and that is exactly why "why" does in fact matter. Future prevention, or at least, mitigation.

From the videos I have seen of it, it appears the rifle was full auto, the spacing between shots were very consistent. If it was full auto, then those have been outlawed for civilian ownership.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Actually full auto weapons are not illegal for civilians. One can pay a tax, be vetted and then purchase a full auto weapon from a class 3 dealer. I've never had a use for full auto so never opted for it.

People like this disgust me!!! What type of sick twisted s.o.b. would think to rain bullets down on unsuspecting people enjoying a concert?!?!?!?! He is rotting in a special place in Hell. Whats almost as sad is that the left will use this to further disarm people and make us less safe. Though, for once I can say that your average joe CC'er would have been just as helpless since the fire was coming from somewhere high and unknown to those on the ground. Truly is a sad situation all the way around. Prayers for all who are affected. I hope the death toll doesnt continue to rise.

I can say that your average joe CC'er would have been just as helpless since the fire was coming from somewhere high and unknown to those on the ground

Already seeing armchair warriors pounding chests on FB about how THEY would have reacted :rolleyes: MF'r this was nothing more than "Find cover and stay alive"

Unless you had a lock on the shooters position and a laser guided missile, there ain't a DAMN thing you and your little 9mm could have done! It's horrible, and will become a political hot potato that both sides will use for cram gun control and more monitoring down our throats.

All because some idiot didn't take his meds

Already seeing armchair warriors pounding chests on FB about how THEY would have reacted :rolleyes: MF'r this was nothing more than "Find cover and stay alive"

Unless you had a lock on the shooters position and a laser guided missile, there ain't a DAMN thing you and your little 9mm could have done! It's horrible, and will become a political hot potato that both sides will use for cram gun control and more monitoring down our throats.

All because some idiot didn't take his meds

Yea, I saw several talking about that someone should have "laid surpressive fire on the area the shots came from", yes, lets rain fire on a hotel filled with innocents and HOPE that you hit the guy, with a pistol, a few hundred yards away...... Real smart guy huh? They give us responsible carriers a bad rep. In that situation all you can do is get you and yours to cover and pray real dang hard.

Actually the "why" is VERY important. Especially to gun owners. The slippery slope of "He just had mental illness" gives the anti-gun people ammunition in their fight to keep guns out of everybody's hands. Here's how:

By saying that everyone with a mental illness should not own a gun allows someone in a government capacity to dictate a "level" of mental illness that determines a threshold for allowing gun ownership to some and not others. This means continued access to health information that should be privileged information (HIPAA law). Now, I'm not saying that someone with a profound mental deficiency should be allowed to carry, QUITE THE OPPOSITE. Obviously, this guy has skimmed the surface of police awareness, but not to the point of a federal notice. This dude is in his mid 60's. Something made him snap - this type of behavior, combined with the ability of assembling a cache of automatic weapons can't stay off radar for that long. But, even though he may have "snapped", there is a LOT of fore planning that went into this - transporting a large cache of weapons to your hotel, getting a room with a high enough vantage point to be concealed, but still have high enough caliber weapons that would still be that effective at that distance, etc.

As @JSJJ388 mentioned, those people were fish in a barrel taking on indiscriminant fire from an elevated vantage point. I'd be willing to bet that this guy is former military. His age puts him possibly in Vietnam War timeline.

Either way, I am VERY impressed with the response time of the LVPD. From what I've read, the entire ordeal from initial shots fired to forcable entry into the hotel room was less than 1 hour. That's having a SWAT team deployed, explosives set on entry and take down all planned and mobilized.

Last edited:
This one hits a little too close to home. Some on here know I spend more than my fair share of time in Las Vegas for work (44 days and climbing so far this year) and just flew home Friday morning after my second of two shows there last month. We had some friends at the concert who are luckily ok and I had been kicking around the idea last Tuesday of burning some last minute hotel points and flyer miles on bringing Alex out for it to meet up with them but I was ready to be home and Stub Hub prices were absurd.

Knowing the area from all the time spent there, this fucking evil asswipe didn't just get lucky. That event is annual, the venue is set up all year round and he was "local". You don't just book a hotel in Las Vegas on a festival weekend like this especially with the events that were going on before, during or after it and get lucky getting a room overlooking the venue. Strip/City view rooms usually go at a premium, go to rewards level patrons and go way in advance.

That guy was an evil son of a bitch and is now a dead evil son of a bitch. Kudos to the actions of first responders, LVPD, Clark County Sheriffs and anyone else that assisted last night. Those men and women are heroes.

i was wondering about you Chris and am glad that you were home.
something snapped in that guys head---evil is everywhere nowadays.

The more news that's coming out about this, the worse I feel about it. Trying not to get all "tin foil hat", but even with a fully automatic weapon, with elevated vantage point and clear conditions plus good lighting, the sheer amount of carnage is amazing for just one shooter. 58 confirmed kills and 500+ injured from a mid 60's accountant? Looks like even from the closest corner of the building to the event was .2 miles which is around 300 yards. Add 32 floors of height and you are hitting targets at about 350 yards. That's pushing the effective lethal range of most assault style rifles even in the best conditions.

The more news that's coming out about this, the worse I feel about it. Trying not to get all "tin foil hat", but even with a fully automatic weapon, with elevated vantage point and clear conditions plus good lighting, the sheer amount of carnage is amazing for just one shooter. 58 confirmed kills and 500+ injured from a mid 60's accountant? Looks like even from the closest corner of the building to the event was .2 miles which is around 300 yards. Add 32 floors of height and you are hitting targets at about 350 yards. That's pushing the effective lethal range of most assault style rifles even in the best conditions.

While I agree, and my tin foil hat damn near cuts off the circulation to my brain daily.....the videos you see online where people were recording the concert, hell the firing goes on for damn near a minute before many in the crowd realize it's not pyro and start running for cover.

But even having said THAT....it smells as fishy as a strip club next to a bait shop

Raining in FMJ with no reloads just pick up a fresh rifle, unprotected masses, no return fire. Even a 55gr .223 round would kill/mame at 350yds. I also read alot of the injuries were from the stampede. Police are saying now the he died from self inflicted gsw. It it a terrible deal all the way around. Prayers to all those affected.

Back