making the criminal flex, @ hoffmans fab and welding in concord nc

dude... believe it or not these guys are tying to help. Once the more experienced builders see some poor decisions fueled by an FU, i know what im doing attitude, well this is what you get.

Some advise.. Take some of the other posts with a grain of salt.
You might want to rethink your frame mounts for the lower links.. think ramps...
Even though your not going to compete with this, your gonna take it out and beat it like it owes you money, thats the point of a beater rig. If you take the time now to put shocks/trac bar in double shear, it will save you time and $$ down the road. Cause guess whats going to happen if that trac bar lets go... bye bye nice air shock, and thats really going to suck. But if you have accepted that risk, then ignore the haters.

Also are you going or is there additional bracing for the trac bar mount frame side?

Yea, yea, yea, just do it, just do it, just do it,. Oh sorry I had to put my 35 cents worth in on it.. So what do ya say we all take that beer run. Laugh when the rear axle snaps before the frame gives and do what 4 wheelin is supose to do and have fun w/it. Forget about criticism all together and stop adding fuel to the fire. I respect everyone's build from the back yarder to the guys at NASA. Oh yea I forgot to mention if you guys and gals want your rig to be unbreakable give us a call at (704)789-1033 (Don's Machining & Fabricating)

Yea, yea, yea, just do it, just do it, just do it,. Oh sorry I had to put my 35 cents worth in on it.. So what do ya say we all take that beer run. Laugh when the rear axle snaps before the frame gives and do what 4 wheelin is supose to do and have fun w/it. Forget about criticism all together and stop adding fuel to the fire. I respect everyone's build from the back yarder to the guys at NASA. Oh yea I forgot to mention if you guys and gals want your rig to be unbreakable give us a call at (704)789-1033 (Don's Machining & Fabricating)

If your gonna be pimping you talents on this forum you need to be a vendor.

see the irony of all this flaming, name calling, and other b.s. is this is just what i wanted to see, how many people out there are willing to help, and to the few that did thank you, like i said from the beginning this rig is not done, and none of the mounts are, the pics all you guys were bashing, was running it through the parking lot to see if it would move and articulate w/o binding, and that's all, there are more gussets and mounts, and after the first comment about the work, i wanted to see how many people were going to talk shit and see how many were going to help, and to all that were nice about it thanks, i found out my info. that is what this page is for BUILD UP, showing off your hard work getting CONCTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and in the process meeting new people and gaining wheeling buddies. but i can already see that some of the members on here are quick to judge and let their mouth go before they even see the finished product, and also this is not my first go round i know my right from wrong, i have been building my own rigs and wheeling since i was 16, i am 15 years into this sport and have never had any failures other than axles carnage, and u joints, i am not saying at all that anything is bulletproof by any means, there are always weak links, but in the same token if you are going to give criticism, lets try to leave ignorant, and things like " i bet i can break that shit w/ a hammer " out of the mix until you see the finished product, thanks and there will be no more pics added till buildup is completed, thanks for the info i was looking for.

well as for that i do this as enjoyment, not for rippring my shit apart every week to fix it, i do give my stuff hell, but in the same token i know when to lift on the skinny pedal or pull a line.

I dont usually paint my stuff till all the welding and fab is done, but thats just me. Most of the name calling was from you. Im the "fucktard" right?

well take it as a grain of salt like everyone else has been saying to me, ignorant is ok so i thought fuck tard was fitting also, and this thing is in and out of the shop, bare metal tends to rust, there is this wet shit that falls from the sky time to time,,,,,,:flipoff2:

seriously.
you realize it's call "4 wheeling" not "winching", right?
maybe not everyone can afford rockwell or 60 swaps and other nice shit, i am doing good w/ what i have, i have a family to support, not all my earnings go back into my rig.

Sorry I didn't mean to get a fire pit going. The thing is that once somebody critiques one little thing every asshat (even though they are professional buggy builders & know their shit) has to jump on board & follow suit.

I think your build is cool, just pointing out things that in my opinion will break. I have been building road construction equipment for 14 years. Trying to help. I know where the stress is going to be.

i understand and appreciate your response, truth is the thing is temp. and the point i was trying to make, is that i am only lite wheeling it until i can afford bigger and better axles, at this time i cant, the main thing that crawled my ass is no one reads they look at pics, if they would have maybe the end result would be a little different, and the reason the top mounts are the way they are for now is that i have not made up my mind yet if i am going for full widths or not when i do the swap at the end of season. therefor i did not want a bunch of unneeded hard to get rid of mounts in the way, the top mount can be cut then the bungs welded up, and when it is time for the swap you all can best believe everything will be up to par, also the panhard is going to change then too, why? i plan on stretching the wheelbase a little and this will change everything, as for now it is good ,and if some of you did not mean things the way your fingers portrayed the picture, i apologize,
criminalxj

A few random thoughts...
-Ignorant is not an insult. Ignorant means unlearned.....Stupid is an insult.
- Jeff quit pimpin you eat bacon and drink the grease for a livin.....
- Will, come one man...we all know you have never built a rig in your life, why would anyone listen to you, ;)
- Explain the rock rings to me...I have been thinking of going to weld on beadlocks myself and I see that is in your plans. Do you cut those rock rings out when you put the weld ons in?
- (this may be taken as a slam, if so...ok) Please put a helmet and neck restraint on the kid...seriously 15 months is way young to have the neck stability that anywhere near that amount of flex could dish out...and the heelmet is to protect from flying shrapenel when the tube rips

no the rock rings are there for good if i go to bead locks i will be getting another set of wheels to do this , and i did not mean i was going to through my baby in the back and hit armorall w/ him, truth is he prob. wont see the back seat till the axle swap happens, prob. somewhere around the age of 2,,, thanks

dude i got my wimmens and my dodge to support also. :shaking: :flipoff2:

Will, go stick your head in a blender..............(lunch today? im headed back to the boro now)

Wow, I was gonna say somethin about the upper mounts the night you started this thread, but I thought to myself, self, this guy will probably get all out of shape and swear they'll hold, so I didn't say a word. Guess I was right

On a side note, if anyone sees something they think won't work on my rig,please feel free to point it out, I may not agree, but I will step back and re-examine and determine if i'm right or they are right.

ok, here goes and i will be nice this time no more flaming or name calling, and sorry for the fucktard comment that was childish on my behalf, the mounts never were done, once again hence build thread, they were temp and i left them at the point they are for a reason, to prove my point, i took it out to cbjeepers property last night, tweaked it, hammered it and even backed it up a tree 6 ft. in the air and let it fall to the ground bottomed out the shocks and guess what no breaks, if it will hold up to that it will never catch that much hell untill i extend the wheel base and swap axles, i am not saying that it wont eventually, this is not a customers truck it is mine and if it breaks, then the issue will be addressed, the only issue at this point is a small driveline angle concern at full flex, thats about it, like i said the mounts are temp until the axles come out, thanks for the input and yes i got tweaked, product of three oclock nights. and for that, sorry

I understand sounds like you hammered it hard a few times.
You may never have a problem with them. 2cents.

One comment. Metal fatigue.

What exactly is a fucktard anyhow?

Of course it didnt break, it wont break the first time, maybe the second, might not even break the third but it WILL break at some point.

But I would guess you realize that since its temporary? Even if it is temporary, doing it right does matter. Imagine going out to URE or Callentee and having something break in the middle of the trail because you half assed the job...gonna ruin everyone's day, not just yours. Not insulting your capabilities as a fabber, just saying that I think you know what needs to be done to make it 100% reliable, and you obviously have the skills to do it...so why not just do it, even if it is temporary?

Let me start off by saying i'm not an advocate of the mount myself. With that said, at some point no matter how strong you build something it is most likely to break. I feel like those contributing to the thread, including the one's in the so-called "know" still are being a bit silly about it. If he claims to be a fabricator, especially for money, then let his methods cause his own demise. It is not possible to reason with someone who is unreasonable.

Back