making the criminal flex, @ hoffmans fab and welding in concord nc

I wont flame, but I will ask if you are running safety washers on those track bar heims? if not it would be some cheap insurance to to keep it in one piece if a heim lets go.

Bring it up to the meet & greet at BWW so we can have a looksy.

Honestly, your shocks, along with the track bar need to be in double sheer. It is ignorant for the little amout of work it is accomplish this. Why would you put a question mark on something that could ruin your weekend and shocks at the very least (not even mentioning if this thing were to drive on the road). It happens, i have seen it.

This is constructive criticism so dont take it as a slam. There have been plenty of things i have learned the hard way, and i dont want this to be the same for you. :huggy:

dont say it is not a slam if you are calling someone ignorant in the process,,, fucktard
Go jump it a good time and report back. I think it'll work!

Coulda' at least used the right size tube and not 1/2 pipe.
attachment.php

Or I could give you the benefit and say you just have the wrong size bolt in there for mock-up? right? right?

Either way...don't mess with it...just jump! But have your buddy ready with the video camera.

Oh and 'Farmboy' is an annoying isn't he?

he didn't say YOU were ignorant. He said IT was ignorant...and it is. Build the junk right or it will break. People (me included now) are telling you that its not smart to build it that way. It doesnt take but a little bit more effort to make them all double shear....the gain would be not ever having to worry about it. You butt welded a small piece of tubing to another piece of tubing (probably only .120 thick) and expect it to hold all that weight/pressure? I bet i could knock that piece of tube off that rig with a sledge hammer.

How many people in this thread have told you that is the correct way and to leave it? None. Except you.

Come on...take the constructive advice and do things the right way.

EDIT: i see that you didn't just butt weld it on there....at least you didnt at least make the worst decision that you could have.

Tell ya what, I agree with you these guys are being way to hard on you. I think you need to delete this thread and repost it over on Pirate4x4, they are way more understanding on these things. Report back what those guy say.

I'm guessing you're not totally finished with thing, and may address a number of these concerns, but while fixing those mounts, i hope you have to time to put a skid around that tank, I know it is probably higher than it was stock, but it does look very vulnerable hanging out back like that.

ok ,,,, for all,, no it is not done,,, if one read the words, instead of looking at pics, they prob would realize that? maybe,,, and yes the tank is higher than stock,,,,,, but like i said on the first page it is going to get a fuel cell, that was finished today,,,and sits even w/ the bar, at ride height that is like 3 ft. from the ground, the pipe is not butt welded it has a bung passing all the way through the dom. tube that is welded on both sides,,, and on that note if any of you would like to come by the shop and knock it off w/ a sledge hammer,,,, i will be more than happy to let whoever try,,, and will hand over a 100.00 bill to the husky boy that can do the task,,,,, hoffmans fab in concord,,,, it is right off hwy 601,,,, will be there between 8:00 and 6:00 tom.,,, thanks

Im just glad you took this to a childish level. I was giving you good advice whether you see it or not.

trying-fail.jpg

Sam, quit posting pics of yourself in this thread. Don't think the shear abuse these things take are being consider. He's got a few guys really trying to "help" because they've been there done that and know more than the guys that have been in there a while. You've learned alot from others that told you similar stuff. Hope he learns and doesn't keep taking the wrong way, I've seen many threads now start in the direction and end up UGLY. Hope he calms down and takes things the right way not as a slam....

i call things like i see it, and if some one calls me ignorant or claims they can break my welds w/ a hammer let em try, hell i will supply the 10 lbs sledge,,,,and to all that give constructive criticism,,, thanks,,,,, and to the name callers and bashers,,,, well you get the picture :fuck-you:

The main issue I noticed with your ride is that there are too many commas in the build thread. :)

the mount may be strong, but the main reason you want it to be in double shear, is due to forces you typically dont think of... if/when you bottom out the shock, it'll send alot of force through that bolt, and while not much shank is sticking out, it will actually create a bending moment on the whole "bung"... which in turn creates alot of extra forces & can tear the tube open, or twist off the bolt... also the airshocks would be alot safer if the upper mount was turned 90*....

Ive seen someone destroy a 1 7/8" titanium heim, so nothings impossible...

Im just giving some suggestions, but its your rig...

the mount may be strong, but the main reason you want it to be in double shear, is due to forces you typically dont think of... if/when you bottom out the shock, it'll send alot of force through that bolt, and while not much shank is sticking out, it will actually create a bending moment on the whole "bung"... which in turn creates alot of extra forces & can tear the tube open, or twist off the bolt... also the airshocks would be alot safer if the upper mount was turned 90*....
Ive seen someone destroy a 1 7/8" titanium heim, so nothings impossible...
Im just giving some suggestions, but its your rig...

He doesn't care. His welds are unbreakable and that's clearly the only thing wrong.....

You gus are just so mean.

wtf why is it that everyone has some shit to say about something that isn't even done yet, goddamn the fucking thing is in mock up, and when i put my safety washers on, i will make sure i post a pic,,so you guys can sleep at night, the point is i know my limits, my works limits, and my rigs limits, i know when to back out of the throttle or pull a winch cable, this is why this section is called build thread, not its done i'm finished here it is,,, so if everything comes together as planned it will get a torture test fri. evening,,,, i will have pics and vids,,, and if it breaks,,, and if, guess what the welder will get used again sat. till it is right,,,,, it is bad when someone can't even enjoy their build w/o people fucking downing their work,,, oh and another thing this is a five day project, only planned to wheel till the end of the season,,,,, then bigger and stronger axles, then i will worry about double sheer everything, and king kong fabrication, i am not rock racing nor is my rig for competition, it is for random weekend enjoyment,,,, and at this point that is what it will be used for.

can't we all just get be happy and drink :beer:

Back