Let's see your garage space!

spraypaintman

I just bought a new house in Kernersville and it has a sweet garage that is an upgrade from my old house. Let's see what you guys are operating with:beer:
It's about 34x24ft and I'm planning to paint the floor with some grey epoxy for starters.

back.jpg
garage inside.jpg
garage back.jpg

garage.jpg

I have not set up the garage yet looking to get some ideas from everyone.... :beer:

Last edited:
Hit Craigslist and FB Marketplace looking for someone who has just upgraded their kitchen and has old cabinets and countertops for sale.... that's usually my first action setting up a new workspace...

Habitat for Humanity ReStores can also be a great source for inexpensive storage if you have one near you...

Hit Craigslist and FB Marketplace looking for someone who has just upgraded their kitchen and has old cabinets and countertops for sale.... that's usually my first action setting up a new workspace...

Habitat for Humanity ReStores can also be a great source for inexpensive storage if you have one near you...
I have old kitchen cabinets with 3/4" subfloor top down one side of my garage.

I have 3 of these cabinets and love them. Catch them on sale and you can't beat the price.

My garage is a walk out (drive out) basement, 2 bays with man door and extra width. The right bay will fit 2 vehicles in line. Left bay is the maintenance bay and closest to the work bench and tools.

Habitat is a good place to watch. I have seen all kinds of cabinets and storage things in them.

Nice yeah would be good to have some of those storage cabinets from harbor freight and habitat good idea! It's around 34x24ft in size insulated and has some attic space with pull down stairs. I'm planning to paint the floor with some grey epoxy before moving everything in. Also the house came with a good sized heavy duty shed and a large carport.

Hit Craigslist and FB Marketplace looking for someone who has just upgraded their kitchen and has old cabinets and countertops for sale....
THIS!!!

Here is what mine looked like empty

20200104_170328.jpg

I scored some Pantry type cabinets for cheap from Waughtown Wholesale (325 Cassell St, Winston-Salem, NC 27107)

20200223_175356.jpg

20200120_144123.jpg

and had a buddy at Professional Air make me a stainless work counter

20200131_132507.jpg

Then put up some pegboard

20200203_180247.jpg

And put some frequently used stuff up there

desk.jpg

Also made mine tall enough to stack cars. but initially built a mezzanine to house all the house furniture

20200215_140856.jpg

The moving guy wasn't impressed

Epoxy floor & painting the ceiling/walls or hanging some peg board will definitely bright up the place. I'd swap the fluorescent bulbs for LED replacements...brighter, cheaper & less components to fail (get the ones that don't need the ballast). What I think it really needs is a speakeasy style bar in the corner complete with a free piano!

I'm right there with you buddy! All I have is hopes and dreams here in Camden

View attachment 415252
Had to quote myself since I realized that was woods a few years ago. 8 pines and stumps gone the last couple years. Kinda proud I'm keeping the dream alive and making very slow progress.

Epoxy floor & painting the ceiling/walls or hanging some peg board will definitely bright up the place. I'd swap the fluorescent bulbs for LED replacements...brighter, cheaper & less components to fail (get the ones that don't need the ballast). What I think it really needs is a speakeasy style bar in the corner complete with a free piano!
Be careful what you use in the floor if you intend to weld in the garage.

I really need to prioritize fixing the loader, so I can move the air compressor, so I can get the tractor out, so I can clear the pasture, so i can get the meat birds out there, soo nvm think I'll just go back inside.. :laughing:
8 out of 7 times I go to the shop, this is a summary of my thought process. :laughing:

Back