Just some junk on Rockwells build thread..

looks good ..lets go try to break it.

Absofawkinlutely.. DPG on the 4th, and if everything checks out, Harlan the weekend after that, VA&PA for labor day, BigDogs on the 15/16th, and GreyRock Oct 5-8th..

I do need to let my bank account recover though.. This project has sucked our reserves low. But what's the use of building it if I don't wheel it?

That's beautiful, good workmanship!

I know I missed it somewhere, but what fuel cell did you use? I'm trying to decide to go with the 12 gallon RCI cell or not... I really have no direction in fuel cells to be honest.

12 Gallon RCI. The LS motors are pretty efficient..

'Preciate it. Also, nice build. Its very apparent lots of hours have gone into it.

Need to Shine up those Rock Lights:lol:

Man... You got me thinking 5.3 in the Cruiser, but that is next year... Keep a eye on a deal Rich.

Houston - we have ignition. Video tomorrow. :D The motor is fawkin sweeet.

Looks awesome! Cant wait to see it in person. we gonna do the exhaust Saturday now??

What with the motorcycle tach (11k)?

Looks awesome! Cant wait to see it in person. we gonna do the exhaust Saturday now??

What with the motorcycle tach (11k)?

Yup.. Driveshafts on Friday, exhaust on Saturday... (The Y and the mufflers came in this weekend)

The tach was on it when I bought it. My guess is that he got a deal from a circle track guy.. All the other gauges were Sun-pro (he was cheap), so I can't imagine why he'd drop $200+ on a memory tach. :bling:

2 steps forward, 1 step back.
Installed the center and rear rock lights tonight, and then remembered where the exhaust might go. Damnit. Gotta move 'em.

I purposely left alot of open space between things, and I can see everywhere those lights are except for in front of the RF tire. It's neat to look down & back and see what your driveshaft is hung up on.. (Not that it'll be an issue anymore)

rearrocklights.jpg

Since there's no way to get an axle strap around the tube on my axles (especially the front), I added these tie-down points. old u-bolts are good for something! (Thanks RK)

axletiedownpoint.jpg

And, the proportioning valve & line lock, just under the seat.

proportioningvalve-linelock.jpg

Off to get exhaust & driveshafts!

Looking good. Do you think that u-bolt has enough weldable surface to be a strong tow point? Think of places you won't be able to get out of in that. They'll be nasty.

My bad.. I didn't read the "tie-down points" part of that. Sorry

Got the coilovers charged, holy hell, it raised the rig well over an inch.. Definitely gonna swap out the springs.

Exhaust & drivelines are done, and it now drives! And man, does it drive TOTALLY different than before. The power is great, the steering is good, though I was hoping for a little more speed, but it's just a totally different feeling... Gonna take some getting used to for sure. Oh, and it lights up the 42's easily.. :huggy:
A few pictures of the exhaust work.. a VERY complex system, to be sure, especially up front. The sound is fawking GREAT though.. Deep, rumbly, and nice and agressive when you get on it. Not *too* loud, but you know it's there.
2.25" pipes through 2 Hushpower II mufflers (17" case), into a 3" collector, then out a :bling:stainless steel tip that they had basically installed before I even knew what was up, but it actually looks pretty good in person, IMO.
The hushpowers are nice because they're double-walled, so they don't radiate nearly as much heat as a regular muffler. I am going to be wrapping the pipes this week where they go under the floor, and also under the cooler.

This video can't even begin to describe the nice sound.. my digi cam sucks at video. Right-click, save as...

exhaust1.jpg
exhaust2.jpg
exhaust3.jpg

The brakes are getting bedded in - they need more bleeding as it feels like there's still air in the lines (no surprise), but they feel very well balanced, and powerful. Now I know what the guys are talking about with the pinion brakes and the chattering noises.. annoying.

Back