Just some junk on Rockwells build thread..

Spring swapping.... I was running:

Front:
130-12"
450-14"
Rear:
110-12"
350-14"

It came out too tall, too stiff, and the preload collars were at their minimum setting. With the help of an experienced coilover guy (who shall remain nameless lest he get tons of PM's asking "What coils do I need for my TJ to get 4" lift?"), we ran some numbers and he suggested this, which is what I swapped to:

Front:
110-12"
150-14"
Rear:
80-12"
130-14"

In an attempt to get the rig back down to my target height/uptravel.. Not to mention the spring rate was waaay too high. Anyway, the goal was 24" under the belly at trail pressure (7front / 6rear) with 5" uptravel F&R.

Well, I didn't get that.. I knew it was going to be difficult, especially for a first attempt.

I've got a little over 6" uptravel at 24" belly height!! :bounce2::bounce: I'm expecting the springs to settle in some, as 6/8 of them are new. But still.. I'm MORE than pleased.

Pics:

Belly height
bellyheight.jpg

Front shock
frontshock.jpg

Rear shock
rearshock.jpg

Time to load up and go RIDE!!!

This is a very sharp rig - I enjoyed seeing it today. Looks like you were enjoying yourself in it too Rich.

what did it end up weighing rich? i probobly missed it, but just curious. give us an update on how it performed too.

Hey Rich when are you gonna start your buggy build? :D

what did it end up weighing rich? i probobly missed it, but just curious. give us an update on how it performed too.

It weighs 4640..It did really good at Harlan, the tires "came in" halfway into the 1st day. Took me into the 2nd day to start staying in the gas on things.. Had a blast after that! The rear shocks are too stiff, I do need to re-valve them, hurts me on climbs.All in all, I'm REALLY happy with it.. The only other thing it needs are some boot guards, BAD :D

Did you get to watch the video on PJ/D's camcorder?

Not yet, I'm waiting on him to send me a copy... Nudge nudge, PJ!

From talking to the suspension guys, it seems like the compression valving needs to come down some.

ZJ? I thought they were TJ? Those are on the rear coilover shafts, and the JK ones are on the front..

They seem to work well.

Back