irok ? tsl ? or bogger ??????

bigwaylon said:
maybe in Cali...
but I've NEVER seen a set on the trails here outperform an Irok, or a TSL, or a Krawler, or a BFG M/T for that matter...
they have no lateral traction...that's what kills it, not the price...
Greg

Yeah, I agree not here but it is totally different there. We do eveything backwards. The terrian is different. You have to have the Claw, Xterrian, Krawler tread to get up the rocks there. If you ever wheel in Cali, Texas, New Mexico, or anywhere else that is slick rock you will understand.

jeepercreature said:
Yeah, I agree not here but it is totally different there. We do eveything backwards. The terrian is different. You have to have the Claw, Xterrian, Krawler tread to get up the rocks there. If you ever wheel in Cali, Texas, New Mexico, or anywhere else that is slick rock you will understand.

considering this is NC4x4 i think what works in cali is irrelevant.

i dont know much about the krawlers but claws are def :gay:

4x4fever said:
considering this is NC4x4 i think what works in cali is irrelevant.
i dont know much about the krawlers but claws are def :gay:

To each his own but if you never wheel anywhere but URE, Tellico, KY, and a few other local places the Claws would be :gay:. It is just a matter of what they were built for. Nothing was built for East Coast wheeling because this all started in So Cal. That is why every major companies are from there. All I will say is the Claw, Krawler, Xterrian were made for a purpose. Take a look at any competition in california and show me one driver running a TSL.

Larry Smith: I am guessing you have been to the western slick rock areas. it may work on the flatter terrians but you can not floor it up a slick rock with TSLs. You will be moving latteral and not forward. Watch any video of someone trying to do this and you will see. I have seen if first hand. I like TSL in URE they would do awesome but I dont think you guess are qualified to say the Claw is not an awesome tire UNLESS you have ran them.

i havent read the whole thread, just his page, what in the hell is happening here. is this discussion serious. tsls work just fine, crawlers work better. claws are ghey, and iroks wear out fast. i know because i saw it all first hand in guam at a rockracing competition.

Old School

Tried & True...All Tyme Favorites!!

Desert Dogs, Armstrong Tru-Tracs, Gumbo Monster Mudders

...Thats Right!!! :driver:

pheery said:
claws are ghey, and iroks wear out fast. i know because i saw it all first hand in guam at a rockracing competition.

Yeah, but a friend of mine's sister's,uncle's, 3rd cousin's ex best friend said they have special rocks in guam, only simexs work there.

i was watching dragracing on tv last nite and ive come to the conclusion imma start running drag slicks. they grip like crazy!!! tracks are made out of what? asphalt or concrete. whats in both of those? ROCKS! so what you do is get you some racing slicks and cut you out 4 pieces of asphalt to carry in your vehicle. then u throw them under the wheels and hammer them into the ground with oh say you're tent pegs. throw down some water tie off your jeep and do a huge burnout then those slicks will climb up any rocks!

4x4fever said:
i was watching dragracing on tv last nite and ive come to the conclusion imma start running drag slicks. they grip like crazy!!! tracks are made out of what? asphalt or concrete. whats in both of those? ROCKS! so what you do is get you some racing slicks and cut you out 4 pieces of asphalt to carry in your vehicle. then u throw them under the wheels and hammer them into the ground with oh say you're tent pegs. throw down some water tie off your jeep and do a huge burnout then those slicks will climb up any rocks!

Yeah but Boggers do better burn outs so there.......:wheel: :wheel: :wheel:
I prefer to get INTERCO Vampires and run them on my full size, sure the sidewalls bulge a bit, but look at how cool the tread pattern is...

BTW Claws are a great tire, I just wish MT didnt insist on gold plies in the side wall

Back