irok ? tsl ? or bogger ??????

went to galloways today. looked at the 14/42/16 iroks and the 15/42/16 tsl and the 18.5/44/16.5 tsl. i think im going with one of the tsl sizes. ??? which one ???? have to decide by next week.

broncomania said:
went to galloways today. looked at the 14/42/16 iroks and the 15/42/16 tsl and the 18.5/44/16.5 tsl. i think im going with one of the tsl sizes. ??? which one ???? have to decide by next week.

im not sure what your setup is suspension and axle wise but id take the 42's over the 44's. less options for a 16.5 rim and beadlocks cost more and have less options than a 16", plus those things are hella wide.

i had 39.5 boggers for a while and then switched to 15/42/16.5 tsl , im just wanting some new tires and wheels. making sure i get the right ones for the places i plan to go. i love the look of the boggers. i know what the tsl will do, never owned any iroks. but for mileage, reliability , and overall performance i think ill stick with the tsl. either 15/42/16 or 18.5/44/16.5. ???????????

4x4fever said:
im not sure what your setup is suspension and axle wise but id take the 42's over the 44's. less options for a 16.5 rim and beadlocks cost more and have less options than a 16", plus those things are hella wide.
thats what im thinking. i have hp d60 kingpin front axle 4:88 and sterling 35 spline 10.25 rear 4:88 detroit locker. with deaver superflex suspension.

4x4fever said:
that may be true, but id still take a bias anyday over a radial for my trail rig
Exactly, This is my wifes DD. But I could run 25 PSI and it will still wrap right around a rock

I have had TSL on my old (2001) z71 and I willl say it even though the flames will come. I did not like them half as much as the ones I have now. They wear like iced over lakes in the spring. TOO FAST

all info appreciated. hopefully soon after i mount up new wheels and tires i can get my 460 swapped in and a big new winch. i would like to go along on some of the trips you guys have all the time. thanks

this thread is gonna turn into a tire war, if it hasnt already ill start

bias TSL's are the best 4wheeling tire ever and IROKS come in number two if you ride anything else ill have to question your hetrosexuality :flipoff2:

4x4fever said:
bias TSL's are the best 4wheeling tire ever and IROKS come in number two if you ride anything else ill have to question your hetrosexuality :flipoff2:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I have ltbs and I love them. I have also had tsls in the past and they did awsome..even when they were bald. The TSLs are way better than iroks....

broncomania said:
The cold hard truth is 99.99% of the folks around here run *bias ply* TSLs... (psssst! there's a reason!). Radials *ARE* for DD's & those that need to drive (long distances) to the trails... or girl scouts that need to man-up. :D

Bottom line is I've seen a total of 3 *bias* TSLs cut to the point they didn't hold air...
#1) got into the sheetmetal of a rig with inadequate lift and filleted on a jagged fender over a weekend(31"TSL)
#2) appeared to have been vandalized with a blade as the hole in the sidewall was only about 1" wide.. no way it was trail damage (38.5"SX)
#3) ground sharp/jagged rock against the sidewall until it cut (took 20 mins. of flat out KICK A$$ trying in a propane fired BBC buggy)... was pulled from rim, stitched with SS safety wire, booted, and the rest of the weekend!(cut 44" Bogger)

Radials? Seen one cut and ruined almost every trip out for the past 5 years...

im trying to locate some 15/42/16 tsl bias ply. galloways did not have any. looked on interco website and they do make this size. so if anyone just happens to run across a set pm me. i have the cash to buy a set. thanks.

4x4fever said:
just grab you a 4x magazine and order a set shipping wont hurt the wallet too much

one step ahead of you. lol

jeepinmatt said:
Ive got IROK bias on my jeep, and while they do work well, the wear is something to be ashamed of. I have at most 3000 miles on them and they are significantly worn.

IRoks TSL's ...etc are off road tires if you want good tread life then run AT's :shaking:
I would get some AT's for the street and save the Iroks .etc for the trail.
I Plan on running Bias ply Iroks on the Cheif but it wil rarely see the Hwy. The J10 is getting some BFG AT's as it will rarely see the trail and I may even drop it down to 33's from 35's to save on gas

well the 15/42/16 tsl is not in stock everwhere i looked. so im guessing ill drive to galloways and pick up the 18.5/44/16.5 tsl and order some 16.5x12 beadlock wheels. now to decide which wheel manufacturer to go with.
buying chit sux sometimes. too many choices.

4x4fever said:
Krawlers = :gay:
:shaking:

if It was between the two...TSL's would win my vote for overall satisfaction, the tire wear wins out.

jeepercreature said:
I think there ghey too.....thats probably why they have won every comp since they were made. Man....winnings ghey. :shaking:

which is why BIGWOODY would never run them...

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j282_gmanstone2_100_3000.jpg

:shaking: :shaking:

Greg

jeepercreature said:
It would beat a Irok in a heart beat. The price is what kills it.

maybe in Cali...

but I've NEVER seen a set on the trails here outperform an Irok, or a TSL, or a Krawler, or a BFG M/T for that matter...

they have no lateral traction...that's what kills it, not the price...

Greg

Back