Incompetent gear install

I'll be able to tell...
View attachment 302926
Nah, that's easy to bypass. Just did this with my phone in 30 seconds.
Screenshot_20190918-100741.png
Screenshot_20190918-100817.png

So.. uhh... anyone want to meet up at my place to do some show and tell so we can go to small claims court and help rid the world of at least one bad gear install shop? I mean, I'm out $1300, so it'll be hard to pay anyone, but I can get beer and gas. Or bring it to you if you aren't too far away. Im afraid it'll grenade if I drive it too much.

If it were me I’d insist on a refund and have it done elsewhere. No telling where they’re getting the gears and if they could actually do it right, why wouldn’t they do it right the first time? Everyone has a bad day, and maybe they let a guy do it that claimed he could do it, but either way they should have never let it leave that way and it says a lot about their work and character.

This is why i deal with people on this board. "If" I had an issue with something I don't think i would have to post about it to try to get it resolved. I could probably just message them and they would make it right without any drama. Shit happens, things go wrong for anyone. I trust 99% of the people here.

Make them stand behind it or demand a full refund. Period.
Recently I had a gear develop a noise approx 450 miles after I installed it. Was quiet as a mouse initially and went together beautifully. 450 miles later dude called me, explained what happened and I replaced the noisy gear no drama. My vendor helped me out, I helped dooder out, life is good.
Poo happens. How you deal with poo is what defines you.

I still stand behind my recommendation on who to take it to from our PM 2 months ago. Get your refund and have them fix it properly.

I would b*tch and moan till they paid to have it picked it up on a roll back and had it done by another person there who’s more qualified or an different but competent shop.

What shop installed that and will not refund or make it right?

I want to know what happened between

Went back today and spoke with them. They said they will reorder the gear sets and do it right this time. I told them id be opening them both back up afterwards to inspect after I get them back. Fingers crossed. I'll update when it's done.

and

So.. uhh... anyone want to meet up at my place to do some show and tell so we can go to small claims court and help rid the world of at least one bad gear install shop? I mean, I'm out $1300, so it'll be hard to pay anyone, but I can get beer and gas. Or bring it to you if you aren't too far away. Im afraid it'll grenade if I drive it too much.

I want to know what happened between

and

Yes I’d like to know as well.

He told me in a PM who, but if they aren’t being reasonable I think it’s time to disclose who did this hack job.

Last edited:
Yes I’d like to know as well.

He told me in a PM who, but if they aren’t being reasonable I think it’s time to disclose who did this back job.

If its already gotten to the point where hes talking about small claims court, I would bet that they have moved past being reasonable...

Get Ugly Customs
2720 Southern Ave, Fayetteville, NC 28306

They will neither refund or send to anyone else to do it. The owner is the only person who does the work there. After the initial job and the concurrent 4 days they had it "evaluating" what was wrong, I've lost faith in them. The reason I quickly went from where I was to where I am is that they claimed I was just after money and did the hack job myself because they have been in business for 10 years... but this was after I was going to let them have a 6th day to get it right. SMH... oh, and when I showed Tank (yes tank the owners "name") the hack job cutting, he said he had to cut it that way because he didn't have a fancy tool to cut it.

Im sorry, not that good at explaining things while angry.

Tell them to give you your money back, and I’ll tow it to @Chris_Keziah for you. He’s in Winston so when it’s done you could drive it back home.
Wish they would. I may take you up on that offer. It may be a bit though. Short on cash. Lol. Probably going to have to sell a projectile launcher for a new set of gears. When I accomplish that, I'll kindly take you up on it.

Thank you

Last edited:
Get Ugly Customs
2720 Southern Ave, Fayetteville, NC 28306

They will neither refund or send to anyone else to do it. The owner is the only person who does the work there. After the initial job and the concurrent 4 days they had it "evaluating" what was wrong, I've lost faith in them. The reason I quickly went from where I was to where I am is that they claimed I was just after money and did the hack job myself because they have been in business for 10 years... but this was after I was going to let them have a 6th day to get it right. SMH... oh, and when I showed Tank (yes tank the owners "name") the hack job cutting, he said he had to cut it that way because he didn't have a fancy tool to cut it.

Im sorry, not that good at explaining things while angry.
Looks like things just "Got Ugly"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When you said it wasn't performance or Wilson I was sure it was these guys. Just been checking in waiting on the confirmation.

Back