i want to drive the montero off a cliff

shit!!!!!!! there is a hold the size of my fist in the engine block!!!! need help to where i could find a used one...or where to look...anyone have any ideas

ouch. I would put a new motor in that thing and get it outta my life. I might even just cut my losses at this point. Good luck.

ouch. I would put a new motor in that thing and get it outta my life. I might even just cut my losses at this point. Good luck.
Whatever,
The body was in good shape, and after this she'll have a new motor and new transmission.
That thing will run forever. :D
(Assuming the presence of such things as oil, coolant, trans fluid, etc)

Good luck.

As an aside, I think I was WAY low on the over/under estimate earlier on. Damn we have issues.

Wasn't someone on here practically giving one away a while back. Good luck on getting the replacement. I will be looking for a 4.0 for mine before long. Take your time and you will find a good deal. At least you still have a bike to ride.

someone recently gave away a monter with motor on here.

nctrooperman or something similar.

still want the steering column on the cheap!!

Anyone notice no "tailpipe" sniffing from Ricky on this?... Either he's busy with exams or... partially responsible for the lack of fluids...

"Since I'm under here, might as well drain the fluids...." :lol:

haha ricky is pretty busy..he knows about it though..he wasnt there when we put the tranny in. and there was fluids in it..my question is. how does something like this happen..or how did that hole expand so big..damnit my luck sucks..but ya if anyone has any ideas on a used engine anywhere and a new boyfreind ..let me know IoI its a 88 and 2.6

he annoyed me! IoI and no it was not running hot. but i got the montero a year and a half ago. got it for like 600 bucks plus a new used engine with it..cuz the one that was in tehre was bad. so we put the engine in..i think that engine thats in there now has 80,000. but the vechicle has 180. so that engine i guess only lasted a year and a half.

i found a montero 4x4 wire forum. theres a lot of info in there. guess i should hang in there and learn some more and get some advice. damn toyota and jeep people in here. haha just kidding.

Back