How are y'all mounting your Yeti/Rtic/etc coolers?

Look at the SXS world. That's where the non custom new and innovative storage ideas are. I was going to purchase one of these and just make a mount for it.

But instead I just use the loop cam straps and call it a day.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 94
bum the beer off the other guys, its a lot cheaper

What about the Boat cooler holder? maybe change out the bungees for something more secure. but it holds my cooler in place in front of the console in rough chop.

1692627288518.png

What about the Boat cooler holder? maybe change out the bungees for something more secure. but it holds my cooler in place in front of the console in rough chop.

View attachment 402520

Thats too fancy for shredways carroll shelby sponsored madmax supakrawler
Drill bit + bolted eyelet is my prediction
lmao

You see, go to the address bar, type in "google". Then type "fastgun turnbuckle" :flipoff2:
View attachment 402518

Listen I did that and my sticker shock showed those $400 things.

This might be a good way to go.

My google found that too!

Listen I did that and my sticker shock showed those $400 things.

My google found that too!

Thats just the leading brand name one in the RV world
They have china ones on amazon a bout half the price. I didnt sweat the price because ive learned my lesson. Just like the right tool makes a job smoother and faster. Not always having a "rigged" setup, just ends up being one less thing to fart around with in the exact moment you wouldnt want to.
If its too expense a standard harbor frieght turn buckle or whatever can be used with a "quick release snap anchor shackle". Its like a quick release d-ring without having to undo the turnbuckle and all-thread. Think like vice grips. Those are usually like 35 doll hairs for a set of 4.

Thats just the leading brand name one in the RV world
They have china ones on amazon a bout half the price. I didnt sweat the price because ive learned my lesson. Just like the right tool makes a job smoother and faster. Not always having a "rigged" setup, just ends up being one less thing to fart around with in the exact moment you wouldnt want to.
If its too expense a standard harbor frieght turn buckle or whatever can be used with a "quick release snap anchor shackle". Its like a quick release d-ring without having to undo the turnbuckle and all-thread. Think like vice grips. Those are usually like 35 doll hairs for a set of 4.
I guess I should be clearer. the ones I found were for campers. Securing a camper in a truck bed vs a cooler is a lot different. I'll keep looking around. That quick release snap anchor might work.

Is there a reason you can't just screw/weld 2 tabs and run a strap over it?

Is there a reason you can't just screw/weld 2 tabs and run a strap over it?
then you have to unstrap it to get your beer soda.... unless you do as @StretchASU said and put the strap under the lid.

I recently bought a fridge/freezer cooler, got a 12/24/48/60/72 v to 12vdc converter off amazon, and hooked it up to a 60v dewalt battery and ran it that way. was very impressed. but also its very deceptive. completely packed with beer you cant set to 34F and call it good. I had to set it much much lower and then it really worked well.

I recently bought a fridge/freezer cooler, got a 12/24/48/60/72 v to 12vdc converter off amazon, and hooked it up to a 60v dewalt battery and ran it that way. was very impressed. but also its very deceptive. completely packed with beer you cant set to 34F and call it good. I had to set it much much lower and then it really worked well.
Set the thermostat as low as you can w/o freezing anything (assuming you want refrigeration). Ours stays locked at 32F, no problems. The area where the cold plate is will ice up sometimes if the fridge has been opened a lot, but food is fine. Some people need to set it lower. There's no forced convection, so temp readout depends on the location of the temp probe and possibly what else (warm drink cans) is in the fridge.

Amazon product ASIN B09CMNV65T
Something like these and turn buckles work good.

I ordered the brackets that @83oldyoda4x4 posted, when they come in I'm going to figure out which amazon turnbuckles I need and go that route. I can draw up some over the top sheet metal bracket for this, but I think that would be making things a lot more complicated than needed. In my case I don't really see the need for a quick release since you can open the lid. I might throw some kind of pin through the lid incase the latches on the cooler were to come loose during a flop or roll. I learned my lesson on that a long time ago, I don't like having to clean up a bunch of stuff off the trail after a roll. @Jody Treadway Let me know of you still want some kind of sheet metal bracket and I'll see what I can do. I'll post the turnbuckles when I get that figured out.

Back