How are y'all mounting your Yeti/Rtic/etc coolers?

Jody Treadway

Croc wearing fool
It's time to get a new hard sided cooler for wheeling. Old one is a 19 qt Engel from 2016. Inefficient as all get out. Currently utilizing lashing straps and a quickie angle iron mount. Show me your cooler mounts.
What say yinz?

Yeti has a slot on each side under the lid. This is made for mounting. The rubber feet have holes in them.

For my old buggy, @MarsFab fabricated a set of studs the cooler sat on that inserted in the feet and had a threaded rod and hook made for the slots with a thumb screw; the threaded rod/hook slid in the slot from the top with lid open and extended down to a tab welded to the tubing. No straps to come loose and it was secure. It could be opened while also solid mounted.

This is the only pic I could find. Iā€™m sure Chris has others. You can see the tab with pins on the tubing beside the fuel cell. No pics of the threaded rod/strap to hold it in place.
C935022C-A1F7-4009-93F0-4E5267280120.jpeg

Last edited:
Most people who love their cooler do it like this.

Do you put the Salt Life sticker on first and build mounts around it, or build the mount and fit the Salt Life sticker on last?
Depends on if itā€™s a Yeti or not.

For what itā€™s worth, my older design ozark ā€œyeti styleā€ lost its ability to keep for several days. Now itā€™s more like a standard cooler. Not sure if being in the sun for so much in the back of the jeep or what. My others havenā€™t done that yet though. I wanna say they are igloo and Magellan. Though the Magellan lid is definitely warped and harder to latch but it does open from either side or comes completely off which is nice.

Ordered that one. Can't beat the price either way.
Maybe my friends at Barnes may wanna take a gander at some dimensions on it...šŸ˜‰
When you see Walmart do a 50% price drop on their private label brandsā€¦itā€™s being discontinued. I wouldnā€™t put much R&D time into a product that wonā€™t be around soon.

Last edited:
I am not to baller buggy status but for my RTICs I just use the lashing points built in and it has worked great

Not the best picture but we have a continuous loop strap that was used for deer stands, no hooks just one big loop. Cooler is on a tray that the strap can go underneath. It is looped through the cooler tie down slots and under the tray back to itself. Works great.
20230722_183840.jpg

IMG_20230407_210142_871.jpg

I try to spend the least amount of money possible on this hobby, so I have an igloo playmate cooler ratchet strapped in the bed. I have had this one since 2010, its about to be repurposed into a battery box and replaced with another LOL

Last edited:
Back