finally my XJ to keep for good, innovative

i understand you didn't build it "roll" worthy, but if it's welded to the body what is it protecting? if you rub against a tree it's still going to dent the body.
i'm not trying to bash you, but what is innovative?
well, actually no because the bars spread out the weight of the hit against the weak sheet metal. like I said, I'm not hard on my jeeps by no means and usually get dings and dents here and there or brush a door handle against a tree so this was intended for that and so far has done its job. sunday went out during the rain, kinda purposely slammed on brakes down a turn and slid into tree pretty dam hard but hit the bars and slid right off otherwise my door hinge area would have been gone and no more opening door. that was my purpose. and innovative would be the use of trampoline frames....instead of scrap put it to good use...sure it's ghetto but its' free and ads body protection and looks alright so hope that explains it. I have, so far, been amazed at how much stronger it is than what people think. those frames are a heavy 1/8" thick and wasn't friendly with my 18ton hydraulic pipe bender so it could hold up to some descent tree/rock rash for it to give. before I started it, I ran over a 4ft piece with the jeep while on a angle and it did't bend it that easily so surprisingly tough. they had to make it hold up to all that bouncing for years and years without giving otherwise they'd have lawsuits everywhere.

Here is how good that free metal holds up... The trunk that fell on it weighed about 150lbs, not 4,000 like your jeep. Hope you don't have a false sense of safety...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384979180.427982.jpg

Here is how good that free metal holds up... The trunk that fell on it weighed about 150lbs, not 4,000 like your jeep. Hope you don't have a false sense of safety

That tube was obviously compromised Snappy. This straight innovation.

Haters gonna hate....

Here is how good that free metal holds up... The trunk that fell on it weighed about 150lbs, not 4,000 like your jeep. Hope you don't have a false sense of safety

That tube was obviously compromised Snappy. This straight innovation.

Haters gonna hate....

I'm not sure why you need any of this from the type of wheeling you describe that you do. Personally I think you love to pop up on here with some crazy mess from time to time cause you love the attention you get.

But hey, if your enjoying yourself in a jeep and your happy, then your alright with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've seen that ASU Jeep up close. It needs to be crushed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why you need any of this from the type of wheeling you describe that you do. Personally I think you love to pop up on here with some crazy mess from time to time cause you love the attention you get.

But hey, if your enjoying yourself in a jeep and your happy, then your alright with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
that's what its all about folks. looks and something to do and little protection against the minor dings I get. I love jeeps no matter how awesome or ghetto they are and well, this one is starting out slow and dorky but within time will be well capable for my desires. and no I don't do for attention. I do it for the love of jeeps and the love of the sport and am not afraid to be different and do "crazy" stuff as others would call it or "foolish" I just go with the flow of what I have laying around and find a inventive way to use it. and I agree the yellow jeep should be crushed but someone ought to snag the lift kit and drivetrain out of it and tires first.

on another note though, how long a shackle is too long? mine on there right now are 9" long made for chevy and flexes really good but I heard too long shackle will put more strain on the leafs rather than the rear end..or something like that. any advise there would be great. ive never changed shackles so i'm kinda new to lifting with shackles, thanks for any help

The maximum shackle eye-to-eye length is three times the width of the spring.
1.5" springs, 4.5" shackles
2" springs, 6" shackles
2.5" springs, 7.5" shackles

well I tell u what, since in your in this jeep so well I will $50 bucks for it and we will call it deal.
I traded for the old ASU clunker last night. must have been a while since u saw those iroks

Back