Fall Open Invite at the Flats

were is the location at, like a address:confused of somewhat

Upnover posted this earlier.

I-40 to exit 85, turn north on hwy 221
Thats a right if driving west on I-40, or a left, if driving east
go approximatly 2/10 of a mile, and turn left up the gravel drive.
If you pass the Hampton Inn, you have gone too far!

The flats is literally probably the easiest 4x4 park to find. Just take exit 85 off of I-40 and you're there.

Here's the address of the Hotel that's a about a half mile down the road.
Hampton Inn
3560 US 221 South
Marion, NC 28752

Cool about the toys I have quite a few for boys, will stop and get girl toys.

Will be solo and NO PINKY, she is outta commission....boohoo
Paul has to work then finish his jeep and a trailer for a friend.

But I will b there......If you guys need any help let me know when I get there! Will try to get there a little earlier than I posted before.

Always a pleasure to b there wheelin' or not!!!!!

I always have a great time at The Flats! It was sloooooooppy today! We would laugh because we pulled up to The Hill and to Rock Ledge and were like "ok, time to hit it" and it was all we could do to slip and slide up to just the first obstacle :lol:. I couldn't finish half the trails we normally do, but still had just as much fun.

Rock Corp did an outstanding job with the event. Hopefully it dries up for some of the Sunday folks.

Didn't take too many shots, my wife couldn't make it and she is the photog. But here are a few:

flata2.jpg

flata6.jpg

flata4.jpg

flata3.jpg

My dad took his out for it's maiden voyage-
The%20Phantom.jpg

-Jay

I had a blast at today! Thanks Rock Corps for giving us a sweet place to ride!

After today I have a lot of fixing to do before the next ECORS race.... :lol:

Had a blast today I really enjoyed it and so did the rest of our group.... first time wheeling the bronco there and ready to do it again... thanks to m&m fab for. The time challenge = awesome...

I wasn't planning on going, but went as a last minute decision. I'm glad I did. What a great place to ride/play.

Thanks to Rock Corps for the open invite.

Thanks to the guys that rocked me out of my stuck in the rock pile in the playground.

Ed Jones/Tilley If you don't have insurance handle your carnage, check out http://www.jeepglass.com/9705.htm.

What happened to Tilley's jeep?

Busted out drivers side hardtop glass. Him and the guys he was ridin with all got a bit of carnage.

Had more than a great time at The Flats! That's the best Saturday in a long time! A huge thank you to Rock Corps for having an open invite! Already looking forward to the open invite spring of 2012! We are hitting it hard again today! I posted pics of yesterday in my albums if anybody wants to check them out. Thanks again! Met some really great folks out there!

Attachments

• 1316872478294.jpg
    1316872478294.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 1316877785631.jpg
    1316877785631.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 1316877851446.jpg
    1316877851446.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 570
  • 1316891967344.jpg
    1316891967344.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 534
  • 1316897986098.jpg
    1316897986098.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 1316880963990.jpg
    1316880963990.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 497
and also ready to get some lockers!!!!!!!! That will be one of the many next steps to come!

I feel your pain Tilley. I had a tree take out the right rear quarter window yesterday.
Some pics I got before the damage.
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CARNAGE!
picture.php
picture.php

Wow, that was the most fun I've had at the Flats out of all the times I have been there (5 or 6 times now I think?). Adam and i got there about 8:15am, and started wheeling right away, and didn't stop until about 3:30pm. I don't know the name of the new trail that dumps you out on the top left side of Ol'Stumpy, but it was FAWESOME! By recommendation from one of the Rock Corps members, we made our way over there about 1pm or so to give it some time to dry out. I finally made it after about 20 attempts with the Sami in 4th gear dead on the mat the whole way up. Some of my approach runs were too damn funny as I slid around out of control before I even got on the hill, and had to slam on the brakes, LOL. I was backing WAY up to get my run at it. That was the most fun I've had wheeling in a while, and I absolutely cannot believe I did not sling some parts out from underneath my Samurai as hard as I was driving it up that hill. Adam one shot the hill, right up to the big ass rock near the exit which pinned him up between it and a tree. What a blast! I can't wait to do it again.

Back