Attachments

• DSCN4342.jpg
    DSCN4342.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN4343.jpg
    DSCN4343.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 380
Thanks from CTB

On behalf of all the Carolina Trailblazers I would like to offer our sincere THANK YOU to the Big Dixie Boggers for hosting this event. Anyone having a desire to see what kind of stuff the the 4WD community is made out of should have attended this weekend event. The expressions of gratitude on Kevin's and Melissa's faces was, for me, the frosting on the cake. Doing something for someone else has always made me feel good, but this time it was exceptional.

In addition to the Big Dixie Boggers, I would also like to express gratitude to our own Chip Price and Dylan Wiles (plus a few helpers). Guys, as always, you made the Carolina Trailblazers shine once again.

Lastly, thanks to all who showed up (vendors, sponsors, all), whether it was for all weekend or just a few minutes. This was a good cause and it should make you all proud to have been a part of it.

First off I want to apologize for the lateness of this post. Leslie and I left the Farm around 5:30 Sunday, and it was a partial unload of the Hilton, showers and off to bed. I was tired! A good tired, but, none the less wore slap out!
As I drove down Friday morning, I was running the wipers on the RV. All the while wondering what the weather might do to the event. Upon arriving there was just a handful of folks there, mainly members of The Big Dixie Boggers. At that time it hadn't rained a lot, and the field wasn't very wet at all. I guess I brought it with me because once I was there, it kept coming, and varied from light mist to steady drizzle. We all wondered what the weather might do to impede out mission of having a great event. Truck after truck, pulling campers, rigs, and trailers filed in, one after one, a steady stream of people coming in until late Friday. I fears were diminishing as time rolled on. Well, let me tell ya, We beat mother nature and this was by far, according to several BDB members, the best event they have had to date.
Early Saturday morning, Chad was busy on the tractor, scraping off the top layer of mushy mud, to reveal a semi-firm layer of red clay. HE brought in straw to lay down at several places to give a dryer place to walk stand and so on. It really helped in the area where we had set up to sell tickets, t-shirts and stickers. We also spread straw around the table crawl game that Dylan Wiles of the Carolina Trailblazers had set up.
We had set up an easy up, and table to sell Raffle tickets, T-shirts, and Stickers. We got everything over there sometime around 9:30, and it was a bit slow to begin with, but soon we got busy, and it didn't really stop until we sold the last tickets and the raffle begin. Several people stepped up and helped us out. David Minton of Minton's Automotive(3DKRAWLER on this board, and CTB member) John Craven (CYJKrawler of this board), My wife Leslie, (Leslie on this board) and even my daughter Michelle got in on the action. At times it was a bit over whelming, but, a great feeling, as it took us all to serve those wanting to purchase shirts, tickets and stickers.
I was allowed to flee the scene by those helping, for a while because I got an invitation I could NOT refuse. Kevin(KC4X4) said he had an open seat in his buggy, and wanted me to got for a ride. After a small amount of arm twisting, I climbed in his buggy. That in it's self is something we could have sold tickets for! It ain't my Jeep and I never really mastered the getting in and out. But it was a good challenge non the less.
We first hit the big new obstacle in the field. It's straight up, and straight down. Kevin played on it some, making it look easy. The one time the entire day I saw his wife Mellisa smile, is when she walked over(that in it's self is not an easy task due to the surgery's she has endured) and told him point blank that she thought he would at least "get on it a little bit! On a side note, this buggy Kevin built was finished in December of last year. It was cold, and then Mellisa got sick in March, Mellisa has yet to get to ride in this buggy even once! We rolled into the woods under my direction. I told Kevin of a place called Bee's nest, and that there was an obstacle that no one had made yet. His face lite up like the tree at Rockefeller Center in NY during Christmas. Off we went. Just before the obstacle mentioned there is a shear ledge to the left, we hit it, and I hit my head on the top of his cage! I started squirming, to tighten up the belts!
Next was the Bee's nest Obstacle. We pulled up, and hit it to be denied, not once but twice. Then Kevin sucked the suspension down and UPNOVER we went! I had a death grip on the Ohmygosh handles and I think I closed my eyes! Definably different that what I am used to!
After that we headed over to 5 ways out. A great big rig obstacle in there. Not sure of the name but, several steps that even Rockwell's and 49's have a difficult time getting up. It's full throttle, and hope for the best. Kevin knows how to operate this thing. Thanks to rear steer, and skinny pedal at the right time, he kept us wheels down! We both thought we were going lid down there for a moment. We move then to the stupid steep exit, that appear to be the beginning of someones basement. A sheer 90* wall about 6' tall! We pulled up on it, and hit it several times. We were denied. We broke a right rear axle and it was over. We back out and took the easy way out.
Big thanks to Kevin for showing me how it is to be one of the Big Dogs! That was next to the biggest high light of my weekend.
The raffle being a kinda last minute addition to the already scheduled Fall Event at the Farm, was a very Big success. I am going to attempt to give credit where credit is due. But, please forgive me for any mistakes and failure to list. It was hectic, and stuff was coming in so fast it was next to impossible to get it all down. Some of this is from Memory, and some we got wrote down.
Johnny Sherman(jlshermanjr of this board) Donated all the shirts we sold, and raffled. Also donated some TJ Springs and Adjustable, weld on spring buckets
Autozone in Taylorsville a Mechanics kit
Brandon (91oneton of this board) A set of Steering clevises
David Bess (LANDCRUSER731 of this Board) A VERY nice tow strap
John Craven (CYJKrawler of this board) a bunch of Pirtek hats and a Money donation
Red Baron Racing of Hickory, a bunch of nice stuff for the raffle and auction
K&M tires, a set of tires
Big Juggy Bros A bunch of stuff to include A paint sprayer, Clevises. Tow hooks, 5 Receiver clevises, 2 tow straps, Several KC headlight Grills, A bench grinder, A couple 500 watt work lights, CJ hood latches, 2 hi-lift repair kits, 8 Hella utility lights, Pedal pads, and some ball caps.
Scott Monk a T-shirt
Jonathan Crouse (Papa Jon on this board) 2 $50.00 gift certificates From Extreme Carwash and Lube
Blue Ridge Metalworks 2 VERY nice decorative metal art saws, that we auctioned
Snap On (Snappy from this board, Grand prize for the Table Crawl game, an 18volt 1/2 inch impact gun, and a Snap On Camouflage shirt and 2 Snap On watches
Not sure who donated these items, A steering wheel, 4 Nice Aluminum wheels, a tournament poker set, Several ATV type goggles, Tow strap, Ratchet straps, Mechanics pit boots, Rhino ramps, Locking spindle nut kit,
Dave (Caver Dave of this board) A couple bed mats (that got forgotten in all the kayos!
Jim (quickracer of this board) for the stickers
John Eller of Extreme machines of Hickory(extremejpe of this board) several gift certificates
Scott Seals, Rockwell boot guards, and bump stop holders.
Robbie Mosely Money donation
Jeff,(Jput on this board) Money donation
There were many more, and I am sure I am missing someone. If you have been left out, don't be shy, I am sure KC and Mellisa would want to thank you, please send me a PM and I will edit as they roll in.
When it all come down to the presentation of the collection, we had collected Over $3800.00! That does include $750.00 from the Paypal that Sam (Shinton of this board) collected for us.
A very emotional Mellisa and Kevin received even more donations as we stood there. bringing the total to over $4,000.00! I understand that this money will pay for the COBRA insurance that Mellisa has to have since as of Friday the 17th, she no longer has a job. Her short term disability timed out, and her job subsidized medical insurance ended.
I want to personally thank everyone, that had a hand in making this an absolute awesome event, and fundraiser. The Big Dixie Boggers, you guys and gals, are the epitome of brother and sisterhood. A group that knows how to have fun, knows how to give to the community, and are ALL stand up type folks.
The CTB members that come out, and supported and worked to get this done.
The wheelers, that brought what you have, wheeled it hard, and made it fun to watch, the spectators that bought tickets, shirts and stickers. You walked around, took pictures and cheered us on.
The vendors that worked your tails off to provide good food.
The Lincoln County Sheriffs dept that made a visit
Sunbelt that donated the Lights and Generators to keep us powered and in light.
Chad's Family for allowing us to be there.
So many people had a hand in all of this, it's hard to thank everyone.
This group, and you are included if you are reading this, are the best group out there. I am proud to be associated with you. You are the ones that make this happen
Thanks
Chip Price
Pictures of the event from our camera
Videos

It was a greta event but i do have a point of contention. I think BDB should rope off the rock garden to prevent kids from playing on it during the event. There were a couple of times I had to get out and look over the other side to make sure we were clear.

Anyone get any video of the beige mini truck that was doing 5000 rpm clutch dumps in low/low. We definitely tested the Longfields in that!!!!

Thanks to everyone that attended the event and to KC\Mel I hope that put a small dent in whats to come. I thought the rain Friday would have hade an impact on the atandence ,but boy was I wrong. Sad to see the mud go it was bound to happen. We just don't have enough club members to watch everything.Thanks agan!:beer: Can't wait till next time.

It was a greta event but i do have a point of contention. I think BDB should rope off the rock garden to prevent kids from playing on it during the event. There were a couple of times I had to get out and look over the other side to make sure we were clear.
Anyone get any video of the beige mini truck that was doing 5000 rpm clutch dumps in low/low. We definitely tested the Longfields in that!!!!

Good point^^

The axles held but he finally blew a hub.

The mud pits where starting to get out of control with some real yahoos. We had a club meeting about it sunday afternoon and closed one pit off. Then there was some more jacklegs showing off later on. Most of the real 4wheeling crowd does not like the mud anyway( you don't see $40K rigs in the mud, you $400 POS's in the mud). We know the mud was fun to watch but it was bringing in a group that did not line up with the type of events we want to have: SAFE, SOBBER, FAMILY FRIENDLY, 4WHEELING

I totally agree, :beer:

I totally agree, :beer:
The more i read on this statemant the more i get confused
are you saying that people that dont have 40k rigs are not real 4 wheelers or is it that if you like mud your not real ?
Either way i agree people where out of control and it needed to be shut down not because the NOT REAL 4WHEELERS where in there just because there was no one in control i think with some help and people telling people when to go and when not to and alittle crowd control it will be back to being fun. i only ran it once because i seen it goin out of control i wouldbe glad to help on next event i try to help any way i can

are you saying that people that dont have 40k rigs are not real 4 wheelers or is it that if you like mud your not real ?
Either way i agree people where out of control and it needed to be shut down not because the NOT REAL 4WHEELERS where in there just because there was no one in control i think with some help and people telling people when to go and when not to and alittle crowd control it will be back to being fun. i only ran it once because i seen it goin out of control i wouldbe glad to help on next event i try to help any way i can

No, he is not saying that, he doesnt even have a rig at the moment

I want to thank you personally Papa Jon, for helping get the lights setup on friday afternoon

the mudpits brought in a crowd that sometimes gets out of control when mixed with:beer:

There are alot of nice rigs that people have alot less than $40k invested. And if you like getting into the mud nobody has a problem with that. The problem comes from people showing up in stock vehicles with little off road experence in a crowded area and acting like fools with no reguard for people or property.

There are alot of nice rigs that people have alot less than $40k invested. And if you like getting into the mud nobody has a problem with that. The problem comes from people showing up in stock vehicles with little off road experence in a crowded area and acting like fools with no reguard for people or property.
this i agree with 110% maybe next event set up a few people in charge of them if yall bring them back i would help just cause i like to see the stockers get hung up . But like always i had a blast

hey you looking to buy a jeep :driver:

No I guess I should have edited the quote, Safe, sober, family oriented fun. There was to many drunks showing there ass. inappropriate.
I left at 8:30pm I saw to many stumbling around & getting stupid. I'll have no part of that.
Theres nothing wrong with a beer or 2 but there is a point when one has had to much to drink & thats what hurt the event. I am mainly refering to the non-4x4 community that was there.
Untill then I was haveing a great time.
I truly hope this is not the last event due to a few idiots. Maybe it shouldn't be promoted as much & keep it to the locals that are known to maintain & not act like a moron.

No I guess I should have edited the quote, Safe, sober, family oriented fun. There was to many drunks showing there ass. inappropriate.
I left at 8:30pm I saw to many stumbling around & getting stupid. I'll have no part of that.
Theres nothing wrong with a beer or 2 but there is a point when one has had to much to drink & thats what hurt the event. I am mainly refering to the non-4x4 community that was there.
Untill then I was haveing a great time.
I truly hope this is not the last event due to a few idiots. Maybe it shouldn't be promoted as much & keep it to the locals that are known to maintain & not act like a moron.

well it did, it has already been discussed, we have not decided as a group what to do yet, but that was probally the last public invited event

there was alot more that went on then most know about

I can't imagine the pressure on Chad and the rest of BDB. Sat night there were about 15 people at my camper hanging out. I didn't know half of them, and I was not having much fun because they felt like it was their camp, and I felt like the warden. Now imagine BDB's party, and having 5-6 hundred guests that you have to keep up with. I wouldn't mind helping at the events, but keep the responsibility for yourself.

That said, did the guy in the 08 Ford work truck that went into the mud pit cause any problems?

I can't imagine the pressure on Chad and the rest of BDB. Sat night there were about 15 people at my camper hanging out. I didn't know half of them, and I was not having much fun because they felt like it was their camp, and I felt like the warden. Now imagine BDB's party, and having 5-6 hundred guests that you have to keep up with. I wouldn't mind helping at the events, but keep the responsibility for yourself.
That said, did the guy in the 08 Ford work truck that went into the mud pit cause any problems?

I dont think he was a problem, he got mad when we shut down the mudpit for the raffle, but I think he got over it

wasn't sure, but I know he can be a real hand full when intoxicated, and that is 90% of the time

I hope this will not be the last public event. I haven't even had the Jeep together long enough to run the Farm once, and I'd like to be able to. Possibly an alcohol free event, or at least people being asked to leave that are acting like idiots?

Back