EDC what's yours and why?

Eaa witness 10mm in my purse. (winter)

Keltec pf9 on my side (summer)

I carry a liberal in my fanny pack.If stuff breaks loose, i let my snowflake loose to tell the bad guy how guns are bad and we should ban them.

That would have made me chuckle without the fanny pack comment. WITH the fanny pack comment, I LOL'ed and scared Jasper this morning!

2 things I'll never do again:

1) I'll never smoke wee with Willie again
2) I'll never get in a boat with @Paul again (see #1 for SOME reasons, but losing all my guns is another)

I'm looking for a everyday carry pistol

I started (LEGALLY) carrying in 1997 after my CCW certificate. I carried a G19. Back in my 20's I could really only afford 1 gun at a time (no safe, no money, no problems) so the G19 was my first NEW purchase (had owned numerous "used" guns prior). And damn was it a great gun. But as any young and dumb kid, I was always on the lookout or whatever was "new and better"

I ran the whole gamete: HK squeeze-cock, USP, Beretta, S&W, Springfield XD, even a whole slew of different 1911's. Each and every time trading IN my G19 for the new shiny "Best of shot show [insert year]" and then a few months later trading for ANOTHER new G19. I've had all generations of the G19, but my favorite is a Gen 4 with the largest backstrap with a Gen 3 trigger assembly. And many different Glocks. Even had the 10mm G20....that was a BEAST!!!! I think I may have had just about all calibers of Glocks except .40 (never bought into the hype). Even shot with my police chief buddy at GSSF events back in the early 2000's.
Finally I started making enough money to NOT have to trade, and just BUY. I went .45 for a while, and that G30 was an absolutely perfect carry. Damn near in size to the G19 (or felt that way in the IWB holster and draw anyway) but it wasn't the most accurate nor consistent on the range (Beretta 92FS was by far the most consistent/accurate pistol I ever shot, I could place at LEAST 10 rounds in a 5" ring @ 100yrds from bench with that gun...but too damn big to carry) and too, I really have no need for a "range only" gun. I shoot to stay in practice, not to compete. The only use for a handgun I have is one I can carry concealed (or comfortably on a OWB holster and not feel like Jesse Ventura in Predator). And the one I had the MOST experience with was a G19. Which seemed to work just fine.

Having said all that, when the 42 came out I was interested and HOPING a 9mm version would follow. When it did one of my buddies had the first in the triad, and I got to try it out. MAN what a huge disappointment THAT was. I'm SO glad I didn't run out and blow +$600 on one! At 15ft it was ok, but 20+ ft and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (YMMV)
I think we shot 500 rounds that day, and 490 of those were like a Woody Allen movie (grossly disappointing). I wouldn't even consider it for a BACK-up carry (I typically use a Kahr CM9 in an ankle holster as a backup, or when I'm in slacks and cannot carry the usual)

I had my hopes up for that 43, and had never considered a G26 until that day. I rented a 26 and was immediately in love, because THIS one had the 12 round Pmag with the finger extension and was a Gen 4 with the large dovetail backstrap. All the 26's I'd ever handled prior ONLY had the 10 round mag and were Gen 3 or priors without the optional dovetail. I have big hands (HUUUGE) so the 26 was never a consideration. Until then!
I bought a Gen 4 26 that day and 4 P-mag 12 round mags, and largest backstrap, and have carried that with a 17round spare mag ever since.....well, UNTIL the S.S. Minnow incident o_O

A (concealed) carry is very personal. And honestly NO ONES opinion matters more than your own. You HAVE to be familiar and comfortable with whatever you carry. It needs to be second nature, and you have to be GOOD at shooting it. If it makes a great carry but shoots like shit...why not just carry a brick?
  • It has to fit your hand (the 26 with the P-mag is like BUTTAH to me)
  • It has to be virtually invisible (concealed is concealed....regardless where you are :smokin:)
  • You have to be accurate with it (otherwise, why are you carrying it to begin with?)

For me, it took 20 years to find the perfect carry (for me) because I was lured by "new and improved" and what others thought. It wasn't until I was old enough to not give a shit what anyone else did or thought that I found what worked for ME.

When NOT concealed, My favorite is the G19 in OWB holster when wearing shorts, and the G17 when it's colder and I'm wearing more clothing. The great thing is, that my spare mag for all 3 is the G17 :cool: (or WAS....until.....o_O)

Last edited:
Heading to boss mans house to check out his g36 if I recall it's single stack like the 43 and roughly same weight but I get to keep the .45... I'm gonna go handle a 21 and 26 to see how they feel but without firing them there's no way to know for sure! I'm not against other name brands I just base my firearm purchases off the reliability of the gun and how it feels in my grizzly hands I've never been a glock fan an not sure why but when it comes to reliablility they stand their own I like how simple the glock is no bs just down to the point... gonna really look into all y'all have mentioned I've heard diff opinions of the sigs had a buddy who had one and hated it but he was a beretta guy so I feel like he was bias and he just bought what was new and tacticool at the time!! Appreciate the responses y'all mention a few guns I hadn't even thought of being a option!!

I'm a big fan of Ruger's from a value standpoint. Otherwise a Sig is hard to beat. I like all the things that go bang though. Too bad I didn't have my diving gear with me that day.

I've always loved kimber firearms they are sexy guns I have shot the custom2 from kimber but I'm the kind of guy that can't wear a wrist watch bc it'll be broken in a week or less and $900 for a pistol that'll I'll have in the woods, muddy as hell crossing the new river while fishing etc...I can't bring myself to spend that kinda of $$! If I found a kimber on a deal it would be in my top 3 tho!

I guess what I'm really looking for is a all around concealable pistol that I can carry winter/summer I just got my hands on a shield 9mm and it fit my hand amazing for a compact!!

A3D2A8BB-6D57-4A0B-B4B1-B980AB15E7A6.jpeg S&W 940 IWB leather. Only 5 shot 9mm +p but it is reliable, small, and won’t jam. Summer winter or in between it will disappear inside just about anything depending on where you carry it. It’s enough bang to get me back to my vehicle where there’s more “protection” Picture isn’t mine but it’s the same.

Not a glock fan either. Seen too many of their plastic frames break. I am a S&W guy. Compact 40 in the winter. Spring, summer, and fall I love my shield 9.

all things have their faults. but you cannot beat the the versatility of the glock in a real world scenario.

the ability to simply swap barrels for caliber change, and the cross functionality of the mags between models... if shit hits the fan i dont want anything other than a 9mm glock with a 40mm spring & mags, and spare barrels of 357, 380, 40 and 45. Everything else of the pistol and mags stay the same.

Never cared for glock, nothing against them, just didnt like them. I EDC a taurus PT111G2 in an alien gear and a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. Both guns have always ran flawless and are good shooters. PT11 G2 gives me 12+1 9mm in a very compact gun. And it didnt break the bank so if, God forbid, I ever have to use it Im not out an arm and a leg (hopefully) when they take it in as evidence.

Last edited:
Also, Id recommend USCCA for anyone who carries.

Glock 19 with Corbon powerball ammo.

I carried a Glock 26 for almost 8 years prior to that.

This is why: Went from Dating a Glock 26 to a Glock 19.

Going from carrying and shooting a Glock 26 to a Glock 19 is like dumping a girl that ranks a solid 5 on the 1 to 10 scale of attractiveness and dating a perfect 10. Why did I wait so long?

“Can’t you see? Every shot I have taken, since I was that little boy on the gun range, was to bring me closer to you.” – Memoirs of a Geisha (paraphrased)

If you are going to carry a Glock 26 with a +2 magazine extension because you don't have little girl hands, why not carry the Glock 19 with a longer sight radius and improved accuracy? You're essentially losing 1 round and better accuracy for a slightly bob-tailed grip.

I'd rather be accurate than slightly better concealed.

Here's a picture showing the size difference.
g19g26.png

Back