EDC what's yours and why?

C.Berry

Bad News
I'm looking for a everyday carry pistol I've always carried a rock island 1911 but as y'all know they are massive and heavy great gun for the price I've never had a issue I was considering the ria .45 compact but I've never owned a glock and have always kinda wanted one! I'm looking into the gen5 G19 or the G43 Anyone familiar with these two For edc? I've shot a G19 and was impressed to say the least and size was nice even with my enormous hands! G43 seems like perfect size with the punch but grip size for my hands is issue with recoil... I know I can go ext mag on G43 but is the 19 just a better choice? I'm gonna try to shoot a 43 soon so I can see how my pinky reacts to such a small grip on recoil but I've always had issues with small pistols! Hence the 1911! And my grandfather was a hardcore marine and said if it's not a .45 you might as well leave it holstered...

Open to all other compact brands too I'm not a brand snob obviously my 1911 is $500 new... lol I just like quality over brand name and tacticool shit!

Since my tragic boating accident where all of my handguns were lost as sea, I have been carrying this:

victorinox-VT1.4713-06.jpg

But I have heard others that really like a glock 19

I carry a liberal in my fanny pack.If stuff breaks loose, i let my snowflake loose to tell the bad guy how guns are bad and we should ban them.

@obullfish I have checked the 21 out previously and like the feel in my hand and love the .45 anyway you look at it but determined in theory with a +2mag on the 43 I get a lighter thinner/ profile with 9mm and about same grip size as the g21sf! It's hard to really compare them like that bc I've not had any range time with either the only glock I've shot is the 19!

I carry a liberal in my fanny pack.If stuff breaks loose, i let my snowflake loose to tell the bad guy how guns are bad and we should ban them.
I really like fanny packs!

@obullfish I have checked the 21 out previously and like the feel in my hand and love the .45 anyway you look at it but determined in theory with a +2mag on the 43 I get a lighter thinner/ profile with 9mm and about same grip size as the g21sf! It's hard to really compare them like that bc I've not had any range time with either the only glock I've shot is the 19!
If you were closer you could test drive mine.

Yeah I can't talk my woman to moving back near the NC mtns where I grew up... I appreciate the offer I've got a few folks around here that may have a 21 I can test drive!

Hardest I've laughed in a while, thank you!

All BS aside, before @CasterTroy and myself lost all our weapons when the boat sank.
I "would" always leave the house with a Glock 22, 10 mags full of 180 grain Corbon 180 grain jhp rounds.
And an Ar-15 in a case slam full of 55 grain boat tail rounds. Just in case...

I carry either a Bersa Thunder 380 or a Charter Arms ultra lite 38 in a sob holster when I'm working or a older S&W 411 in 40 cal or my new SA XD 45 when I'm out with the family.The Bersa is kinda small for my hand but it still feels good.I really like the XD but I don't carry it when I'm working.

I'm looking for a everyday carry pistol I've always carried a rock island 1911 but as y'all know they are massive and heavy great gun for the price I've never had a issue I was considering the ria .45 compact but I've never owned a glock and have always kinda wanted one! I'm looking into the gen5 G19 or the G43 Anyone familiar with these two For edc? I've shot a G19 and was impressed to say the least and size was nice even with my enormous hands! G43 seems like perfect size with the punch but grip size for my hands is issue with recoil... I know I can go ext mag on G43 but is the 19 just a better choice? I'm gonna try to shoot a 43 soon so I can see how my pinky reacts to such a small grip on recoil but I've always had issues with small pistols! Hence the 1911! And my grandfather was a hardcore marine and said if it's not a .45 you might as well leave it holstered...

If you are a big dude, don't get the 43. The 19 is a perfect perfect platform I think. Small enough to carry and big enough to make a difference and will go bang every time.

If you are a big dude, don't get the 43. The 19 is a perfect perfect platform I think. Small enough to carry and big enough to make a difference and will go bang every time.
That's what I've gathered it's damn accurate too if I do say so myself! I'm gonna try to get my hands on a 21 and check out some company's I've not shot that are making a impression but it seems like the glock is always the go to for as long as I can remember.

Xds-9 or smith and Wesson shield .40 when it’s T-shirt weather. I like the s&w over the xds, but still love the xds.

“Other” days is a sig 226 in .40 with an extra mag. Heavier & bulkier but it’s my go to.

I also have Springfield 1911, but that’s open/side carry or drop leg thigh holster

I’m faster getting sights on target with a non glock. Also quicker with follow up shots with a non glock.

That said my 1st was a glock 23 that has about 7500 rounds through it. I loved it, until someone had a stopwatch and a different gun. The results surprised me.

Wife’s is sig 238.

Last edited:
I just went through this...looking/studying for the best carry pistol. I pulled the trigger(bought) a Glock 43. I'm pleased so far. Haven't got to shoot much though. Never been a glock fan but figured I'd try one out.
Also didn't hurt that I got it on the blue label discount

Say-No-To-Plastic-tupperware-meal-prep-containers

Before the accident, it was usually a S&W 3rd Gen....6906, 4566, 457...then got into wheelguns....then took another damn canoe trip. :(

BTW,.....

cabot-pa-penn-008-1911-its-like-a-glock-but-7406671.png

Y'all some non-boating MFers :flipoff2:

I usually EDC a G42. Yes, it's a .380, but the G43 wasn't out yet, and I wanted something I could carry in my pocket. When I do carry something larger it's either a G26 or a G22. Are you set on Glock and/or 9mm? I've shot an MP Shield quite a bit, both in 9mm and .40 and like them. A few of my friends have XDs in one flavor or another, all speak highly of them.

Duane

For me, I love a CZ P-01 or PCR. They fit my hand better than any other handgun (and I have had a bunch), point more naturally than anything other than a 1911, have good capacity (14+1), are more accurate than I can shoot them and conceal well on my frame.

If I have to carry something smaller, it is a Shield 9 with the 8 round mags

Back