Diesel Performance (2)

Just let me know if you need them! I carry 500 + Diffrent Lines of products. I try to stock as much as possible, but you cant always keep somthing for every need!

If I've got two days notice I'll have it when you come! We also offer some very competitive pricing in all of our lines!

L

Dont carry the winspeed, But I can get those as well as many other brands of the same thing! Main benifits being lower boost pressures, lower egt's and corrected air flow. Maybe worth around 1 HP if that, but it does look cool! The main idea behind this product is geared around high boost trucks (80+PSI) kept blowing out the Plugs in the heater grid!

L

I don't really care about performance all that much, I'm just tired of the worthless fawking intake heater killing my batteries. How much for whatever cheapest version you can get? Fwiw, I've got a "bladerunner" intake as well.

Just a thought (I'm not trying to say you didn't check it)
Usually they wont kill a battery, Have you checked the solenoid and connections? I've had the same batteries in my truck for about 4 years now without a hitch, Just want to make sure theres not a problem lurking!

Lucas, Wanted to get your opinion & recommendations...

I have a '93 D350 I/C CTD @ 158K... mostly stock except for BHAF, tweaked VE (366 spring, smoke screw down all the way, fuel screw in as far as idle will allow... 900rpms w/ low idle backed ALL the way off... possibly needs the throttle "arm" spun another spline on the shaft?), and stock exh. minus muffler dumping out the side.

It dyno'd at 179hp (no TQ #s... optical sensor wouldn't read due to the 1stGen cross member) which isn't bad RWHP considering the :poop: torque converter/slushbox, but had/has very little smoke at WOT (I'm told this = too little fuel?). It also has a noticeable "lag" at WOT between 50 & 60mph (doesn't appear to be RPM related, as it pulls good up to 3rd gear), like it's running out of fuel... even with new filter. According to many 1stGen folk, it's probably the OEM (diaphragm) style LP of unknown age/origin not keeping up (flow & pressure) on hard runs. Since the pump is an unknown and (even if replaced) likely to crap/fill the crankcase w/ #2. It appears there's a couple of options:

#1 - The "industrial" piston LP for the VE, but have heard that it may not keep the VE supplied @ 15# once the pump is further tweaked & the additional parts required (various spacers) may be a PITA to source and requires either modified steel lines or going to hose.

#2 - A 2nd Gen piston LP is up next, but that requires a bypass regulator to negate the higher output from blowing the VE's seals out... adds plumbing (= another point to suck air) & expense.

#3 - I just saw that PureFlow Tech. has released the "Raptor" (Airdog?) with a built in regulator (no bypass needed), so I should be able to adjust it for 15# post filter. Not sure about going totally electric though... Wouldn't really mind it if (see below) I could swap back to the OEM LP should the electric die...

Was also planning to add a "big line" kit, A) For easier swapping of parts in the field (roadside)/troubleshooting vs. all the steel lines that must be fiddled into position/removed in stages, & B) "easier" plumbing of fuel pressure gauges pre & post filter.

Any of these mods should be within the budget. I was planning to run grease, but just happened into source for bio, so the budget for grease mods can be "re-appropriated"...

:beer:

Just a thought (I'm not trying to say you didn't check it)
Usually they wont kill a battery, Have you checked the solenoid and connections? I've had the same batteries in my truck for about 4 years now without a hitch, Just want to make sure theres not a problem lurking!

No, you're correct...my batteries are shot and the connections are a bit corroded and that will all be fixed soon. Just in my experience, the only thing the heater grid does is cycle on and off to suck juice And only makes the truck harder to start.

Plus I have a remote start to install and don't want to deal with WTS.
The only units I've seen are the winspeed ones and it looks like they add a decent amount of power down low, even if it's not so much peak hp/tq.

Do you guys have a dyno full time, or just during the dyno days?

:edit: Appreciate the help too.

Back