Diesel Performance (2)

Your truck has open recalls that need to be addressed! OUT-OF-PARK ALARM SYSTEM is the open recall, The truck was built June 12 04 @0700 hours. If its saying it was a 325, Its a 04.5! Folks have been very happy with those trucks! The only thing i saw as service records was a new lift pump!
If it was a plug in box for a 03-04 , it probably wont work!

Hope this helps!
L

I'd bet Ollie Poole would also know if there was anyone near him..[/QUOTE]
Ollie is a peace of sh$$

I'd bet Ollie Poole would also know if there was anyone near him..
Ollie is a peace of sh$$[/QUOTE]

I guess thats why you dont know how to spell his name.
Mainly, I think he just dosent have time for folks caught up in drama. he's a top notch guy, and being so cocky and straight foward weeds out problem folks :shaking:

Give me your thoughts on propane injection

mystery just update airdogs have a lifetime warranty now and personally think it is a better unit than the fass but that is just my thoughts and experience not saying they are right or wrong either way. Keep up the good work though.

Give me your thoughts on propane injection
Propane was brought on the market as a power adder and over the past few years has fallen by the way side, Some folks use it for better Mileage, But in reality it's probably not worth the money spent! Setup properly you wont have any major problems!
mystery just update airdogs have a lifetime warranty now and personally think it is a better unit than the fass but that is just my thoughts and experience not saying they are right or wrong either way. Keep up the good work though.
Correct, Charlie did just bump his product to a lifetime warranty! The FASS is still a much higher quality product, All around. BUT most folks will ever need the hardcore dependability of a fass system! Fass is designed around OTR trucks and Off road applications! The biggest thing for a fass pump is every single part is available except the motor and it can be sent off!

Air dog is a one piece type of unit with no replacement parts at this time, It is a great unit, But still an economy unit! Some folks would rather not have to send the unit off for a repair on a lifetime warranty. I've only seen two have problems , And those two had to go back 3-4 times before a new pump was sent!

All around, Airdog is a great product but doesn't offer the extreme reliability and quality of a FASS but is perfect for a daily driver! Any of the Dealers In NC can help you with either pump. Keep in mind Farm-boys diesel is not an authorized dealer for fass. If i remember right he carries air dog!

06 ford 6.0 auto, was getting 20 mpg is down to 15. how do I fix it?
I would start with cleaning the EGR valve and doing all the maintence such as fuel filters and such. If that doesn't solve the problem I would look into if the truck had been reflashed at the dealership. Sometimes reflashes can cause this problem!

Hope this helps, If needed you can reach me at my shop 828-266-9077

Thanks
L

mysterync;Air dog is a one piece type of unit with no replacement parts at this time said:
I would disaggree if they are offering a lifetime warranty I wouldnt say that it is a economy product after all which one is designed to mount up out of harms way. I think the lifetime warranty came about because charlie had enough of his sons antics the owner of fass same reason he took him to court for stealing his designs when he was sick and about to die so now I think they have a lil tough love war going on. Over all I think you will find alot less failures with a airdog than a fass look how many fass units have had to have updates for being so noisy. Plus the fass 95 or 150 units cant even touch the airdog 250 and also larger units they build for class 8 trucks. As far as FBD he use to be a fass dealer and converted to airdog after having a falling out with fass.

I would disaggree if they are offering a lifetime warranty I wouldnt say that it is a economy product after all which one is designed to mount up out of harms way. I think the lifetime warranty came about because charlie had enough of his sons antics the owner of fass same reason he took him to court for stealing his designs when he was sick and about to die so now I think they have a lil tough love war going on. Over all I think you will find alot less failures with a airdog than a fass look how many fass units have had to have updates for being so noisy. Plus the fass 95 or 150 units cant even touch the airdog 250 and also larger units they build for class 8 trucks. As far as FBD he use to be a fass dealer and converted to airdog after having a falling out with fass.

LOL , I find this amusing, I think your misunderstood. It's pretty obvious where your comments come from so I wont drive this into a useless thread! Truth of the matter, If your vendor convinces you his products the best simply because they dont offer another product!

Secondly, The new FASS units are quite, and as said are not really designed for the pickup market.

Charlie was taken to Court for Brad, Not Charlie Taking brad to court.

EDIT: I'll let you find out what was orginally in the paragraph on your own

Soon you will see the failure of the Airdog's As said by many industry profesionals, Why? They havent been in the market as a mass product! Now, In all reality, I'm very happy with the Airdog, As I said above. There a great option for someone not pushing the limits! I've talked with Brad and Charlie both, And neither of which have problems with each other , Work is work, Family is family!

So , As i said before, I wont let this turn into a bash, I'm glad your happy with your product and product vendor. Lets keep this a useful thread please!

I agree lets keep it on topic but I will say my ideas didnt come from the vendor you think. Only purchased one thing there and wasnt the airdog. It came long before the price drop and warranty. But keep up the good work.

Yeah, what Pinston said. _____?

Straight from Brads Mouth:
Good Day,
Please review the attachment for updated warranty information. All part numbers that currently have a six year warranty will now have a limited life time warranty. Detailed information will be located in the paper work with the selected part numbers, this change will be back dated to product shipped from the beginning of 2008.
Have a great day!
Brad Ekstam

I'm sure that we could take care of any pump over the 6 year fairly inexpensive. Brad has stepped up to the plate more than once to resolve that type of situation!

PS just realized how my first post was worded! Sorry for the confusion on that!

I got a question. I'm 95% sure im going to get a dodge (vp44). I was wondering with the same performance mods ( chip, injectors, exaust, intake, and turbo) would a 7.3 ford power stroke even come close to the power of the dodge? I really want a dodge but they are soo hard to find exactly what you want and the fords have 4 doors and roomier interior... so its kinda a toss up.

Also I hear the manuals in the powerstrokes have a longer throw and basically a crappier feel to the manual than the dodges?

As far as power and performance... it's about a 3 to 1 ratio. You'll spend about 3 times the amount you would on a dodge IF your going for big power. For a basic daily driver 350-370 out of a 7.3 wouldnt be too awful expensive! As far as the Tranny's each person has there own prefrence! I prefer a NV4500..but thats just me!

Just curious why you prefer the 4500. I have a 4500 and like it myself better for daily driving since its one less gear change than a 5600 and currently eaiser to find parts for. No expierence with ford trannys or the g56 yet just didnt know what you were comparing them to.

Just curious why you prefer the 4500. I have a 4500 and like it myself better for daily driving since its one less gear change than a 5600 and currently eaiser to find parts for. No expierence with ford trannys or the g56 yet just didnt know what you were comparing them to.

Compairing mainly to dodge trannys, Considering some of the Chevy's used the same trannys!

I like the nv4500 for the simplicty of it, As well as parts are much cheaper! The 5600 and G56 seem notchy IMO. The ford's stand up pretty well. I've yet to see one with major problems! Nick a NLOR is the first person i've seen destroy a 6spd l:shaking:

I've got a 97 PSD with 310k. I've had tons of work done to it since I bought it with 307k and it does ok for the mileage. I put the older superchips programmer (1601?) on it and that helped. I also got some guages. I was told to put EGT sensor directly in the rear of the pass side manifold and did. It worked, but always read high. I was told most are calibrated to read about 200* higher because people put them after the turbo and that cools them about 200*. Well now it's started to randomly max out and then go back to normal, so I think it's a bad guage. I'd like to replace it with something that is calibrated to go in the manifold for an accurate EGT but I don't want to spend a fortune on one guage. What should I get?

Most gauges are calibrated 75 +/- most even closer!
Theres not a paticular brand that will read higher or lower!
If it's maxing out and then falling, Chances are your thermocoupler has failed. Make sure it hasnt broken off and gone through your charger!
You could check the wire's theres a chance there is a short in it!

Give me a call if you need some help (828) 266 9077 is the shop phone!

Thanks
Lucas

I have seen a cracked housing on a 5600 and still not real sure what happened because his syncro in 6th was going out and putting off fixing it till he went to reverse one day and heard a loud bang and truck was stuck in gear and wouldnt move. Upon further investgation some how part of the syncro or something got wedged in the gears and forced it to split. Luckly his extended warranty paid off. thanks for your thoughts though that is kinda the way i have felt about them.

L ,

I have the FASS and put it on back in October I am thinking. How often should you change the fuel filter on these pumps. It is the 95 LARGE filter. Also, how often should you pull the cap and drain the water? I have drained the water once but not much came out.

Thanks

We recomend changing filters every 5,000 -10,000 miles!
Some say more, Some say less! It's really depending on where you purchase your fuel, Some stations begin to accumulate more water or sediment in the tanks after a few years. Now, Dont get scared they are required to filter the fuel before it goes to the nozzle! I belive the regulations state somthing to the effect of 15 Micron (someone correct me if im wrong) so your fuel filter will catch some of what the stations filters will.
Now theres some variables involved , considering probably 50%or better of your contaminates and trash comes from you and your truck!

A couple quick tips that can help,

1: Always wipe around your fuel cap, keep trash and leaves out!

2: DO NOT RUN OFF ROAD FUEL...Besides the fact its illegal for on road use it's much more contaminated due to less stringent filtering from one end to the other..PERIOD!

3: Fuel up at bigger fuel stops, Not the little mom and pops stores if possible!

4: Take the time to take your water seperator off drain it and clean it with some brake cleaner or heavy duty solvent based cleaner, Maybe let it soak with some gas in it , Shake it up and drain it! (OFF the truck of course) Now I'm not saying do this every 4 days, But frequently as in when your bored and have nothing else to do! Cleaning it to much wont hurt anything, Just protect you from buying more fuel filters.
The water seperator is not designed to collect particals, BUT as grime and grit passes it will adhere to the surfaces, Eventually fall and decrease filter life!

5:Watch your fuel pressure, Its the easiest way to see your filter life , Watch for gradual and split second changes!

6:Run fuel treatment! Fuel treatment , In short (this is not a scientific description, Lets not make this a your wrong scientific explanations, This is the simplist and easiest way to explain fuel treatment to a every day joe, Although this isnt exactly how the process works)
The Fuel treatment collects water , and some small sediment, and breaks down other parts of your fuel and makes it more managable! The key is, If the fuel is in good condition, It's much easier to maintain your fuel system!

Hope this helps some, If you need filters, Give me a call! We keep some in stock , and can drop ship as well!

Thanks
L

Back