Cl find of the day

So lets say I have $100k to burn. Would it be smarter to buy a used Ferrari, or a used, rebadged Infiniti with extra stuff on it?
Neither. A brand new Tesla S.

See I just don't get that whole electric car thing. We burn fuel to create 60% of this countries electricity....

The thing I don’t understand is that “electric” cars are going to save the world but they aren’t saving shit. They are battery powered and what happens to those battery’s when they shit the bed? They go in the landfill so how is that anymore green? Oh and the vast majority of material that is used to build the battery packs come from third world countries where child labor forced labor slaves are regularly used so once agin, how are we saving the planet?

rant complete.

The thing I don’t understand is that “electric” cars are going to save the world but they aren’t saving shit. They are battery powered and what happens to those battery’s when they shit the bed? They go in the landfill so how is that anymore green? Oh and the vast majority of material that is used to build the battery packs come from third world countries where child labor forced labor slaves are regularly used so once agin, how are we saving the planet?

rant complete.
I’ve said something very similar to that to a few fag Prius owners.

See I just don't get that whole electric car thing. We burn fuel to create 60% of this countries electricity....
None of that matters.
What matters is it has an amazing 0-60 time and instant-on torque.
I don't give a rat's ass about the fuel savings... Tesla makes fun cars.

Last edited:
None of that matters.

Very true.
I had the chance to ride in a S, and it made a Mercedes S63 feel slow on take off.

The biggest thing that bugs me is the twatnozzles with their "zero emissions" stickers on their electric car that was charged via natural gas and coal...

None of that matters.

This right here. I could care less about fuel efficiency and being "super duper green", but a perfecly flat torque curve on demand. Now thats freaking awesome.

This right here. I could care less about fuel efficiency and being "super duper green", but a perfecly flat torque curve on demand. Now thats freaking awesome.

Oh absolutely agree and I don’t care about being even the slightest shade of green. I DD a 3500 dually for crying out loud but the hypocrisy of the whole thing is what kills me.

None of that matters.

I'll race any Tesla. They choose the first 200 miles I choose the last 200........ They may get up going fast but they have no longevity. I'll take my Dirty Diesel any day over them. Of course it could burst into flames too.

I'll race any Tesla. They choose the first 200 miles I choose the last 200........ They may get up going fast but they have no longevity. I'll take my Dirty Diesel any day over them. Of course it could burst into flames too.
My cousin's S averages ~300 miles. Which is about the same as my Mazda and longer than my 4Runner and the Mazda5 we just sold.
And it'll get there way faster.

So are you going to push it the last 100 miles?
Not sure why you're pushing me on this. I'm not here to debate whether you can run a long distance race in a Tesla.
That is completely aside from my point that they are fun, awesome performance cars.

I'll repeat my original assertion - if I had the money to spend on a fun car, I'd buy that.... b/c it's a fun car.
But even then, the range is more than reasonable. There are few vehicles in the same category with a longer range.

Not sure why you're pushing me on this. I'm not here to debate whether you can run a long distance race in a Tesla.
That is completely aside from my point that they are fun, awesome performance cars.

I'll repeat my original assertion - if I had the money to spend on a fun car, I'd buy that.... b/c it's a fun car.
But even then, the range is more than reasonable. There are few vehicles in the same category with a longer range.
Because it’s so easy to get ya going. My thinking on the electric vehicle is if I want to go on a trip I don’t want to worry about finding a charging station and wait for it to charge.

greensboro.craigslist.org/rvs/d/beach-buggy-vw/6618886540.html
00U0U_8gGvsPmi9eP_600x450.jpg

Only $5,300

Because it’s so easy to get ya going. My thinking on the electric vehicle is if I want to go on a trip I don’t want to worry about finding a charging station and wait for it to charge.

I agree with that, and the main reason i havent purchased an elec vehicle. I dont care about green, as much as i care about cheaper. But there are a ton of ppl in the country who already rent a car for a trip, so having an elec DD is no different.

But if the electric grid upgrades, charging times could be reduced to 20-30min or less.

Hartsville has Tesla and other charging stations. I saw a shit ton of them at the Mganolia Mall in Florence, SC. Right off the I-20 I-95 intersection.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Can a 6 cylinder make 500 HP?
Well as I like to say: "you can do pretty much anything once." You can get 1000hp or more out of a 2 liter four cylinder. But that doesn't make it driveable or reliable.

Also, the ad says: "The jeep was just ran on the dyno by HP Tuners and is sitting around 500HP! "
Translation: Dyno'd 226hp at 117 degree engine bay temperature at 800ft elevation on 100 octane, at the rear wheels, on a Dynojet. Corrected for zero degrees kelvin, at sea level, with 89.99 degrees of timing, on 150 octane, at the motor, on an even more generous Dynojet, it might make over 450hp, with a 150hp shot of nitrous.

Last edited:
Back