Carolina Rock Shop

Thursday night after I got off work we drove down to Charlotte. Early Friday morning I dropped the Liberty off with Andy at CRS for installation of the sliders, skids, Rubicon Express lower control arms, and custom adjustable top link.

After Andy dropped me off at my hotel I vegged from driving and took the kids swimming in the hotel pool.

Saturday, we went to CaroWinds amusement park and spent ten hours doing all the rides. I rode about six roller coaster and had a grand time. Yeah, the littler kids had fun too! Finally made it back to pick up the Liberty at about 10 p.m. Saturday night. Andy, had parked it outside and locked the keys in the console as I had requested. Using the wifes keys, I was back off to the hotel in the more rugged looking rig. Although, Andy had run out of time.........spending about ten hours developing my new rear upper link. One more trip and it'll be done.

Sunday we went to Uwharrie National Forest to run some trails and see how everything worked. We started off on an intermediate trail (I think it's easy), Dickey Bell and did it in both directions. On the way down we hooked up with an early Bronco who was amazed at the capability of the Liberty. All in all everyone was full of compliments about the looks and capabilities of the rig.

We also ran a difficult trail, Rocky Mountain loop (which I thought should have been intermediate) in both directions. The only really challenging obstacle was Kodak rock. I followed a early CJ-7 on 35s up the rock and he was astounded that the Liberty had gone up that line. He then went up another line that I wasn't going to try and had to take the hook to get up.

I didn't go up on the most difficult trail at Uwharried, Daniel, because I'm still waiting for my SuperSkid II to arrive. My rear locker was a great benefit yesterday, on a few occasions I was wishing that I had already installed my Detroit TrueTrac....so you know what is on the agenda for this weekend.

All in all, it was a great time.........and the rock rails and skid plates paid for themselves yesterday. Didn't get home until after midnight and had to get up at five a.m. for work this morning.

Many thanks to Andy, what a total reversal in my attitude. I owe him my gratitude and a sincere apology.

Mutt said:
I didn't go up on the most difficult trail at Uwharried, Daniel, because I'm still waiting for my SuperSkid II to arrive.
If you made it up Kodak on the Rocky Mountain Loop, Daniel wouldn't have been an issue. And, glad to hear all is well with your dealings at CRS.

I stopped by CRS to see Andy installing a light bar on a ranger. :flipoff2:

ade.fishki.net_picsp_podb15_35.jpg

2offroad said:
No Andy is a lot more sexy than that.

Most disturbing statement in this thread.

I think this whole thread (and my experience with Andy) just goes to prove that CRS is NOT your typical shop. Nothing pisses me off more than pulling into one of those chain "shops" to get brakes done, or an oil change or whatever and you are greeted by some dude in a dress shirt and tie, who up till the point you drove up was sitting in an air conditioned "cubicle" waiting for the phone to ring. Meanwhile, the grease monkey in the back that actually will be doing the work has no idea what you and Mr. Congeniality talked about up front.

Go to Andy's shop, and you'll see Andy working..... on EVERYTHING. His hands touch just about every project there. Is Andy too busy to pick up the phone? Sometimes, but other times, he will take time out to field your calls and give advice on this thing or that. Often times, it's those type of calls that do not produce hard cash revenue dollars, but has made Andy the resource he is. I've talked to a LOT of people all up and down the east coast who know of Andy and the work he does. Kinda hard to get anything done when people are calling him from out of state that he may or may not ever see.

Best way to get his attention, send him more business!!!!! :)

i wonder how far out in the street those tools actually go.

read the license plate on the truck > 2mnytls > 2 many tools.

This has been interesting reading. Glad everything is ok, mistakes can and will be made. Most people are stand up, then there the small percentage of jerks. Don't know Andy, but he seems to be one of the stand ups. I know how it is in a new shop, once your name gets out it can be overwhelming, have experienced it. Finally life is too short to be mad and friends are better than enemies.

So contacting Andy worked out well? Glad to here it. Knew it would. This is a good lesson to all beginning and experienced wheelers.

We take care of our own.

My 2 cents

Wow maybe Andy should have explained the whole situation to Mutt. Maybe at the time he ran his credit card. Could called him or something? Don't get me wrong I'm not here to bash Andy. I have seen some of his work and always A1. Heared of bad experiences too. I work with the public and parts, I take payment for special order parts before ordering. If I have a delay for any reason I contact the customer to update them and make sure we are on the same page. Even if closed or gone unexpectedly I tie up ALL the loose ends before leaving. If it is inconvencing the customer Im sorry but at least they know they are not forgotten. Thats the way I like to be treated and treat others. I hope that Mutt and Andy can get on the some page. I like local NC 4X4 builders and hope they all can make a living doing something we all love to do. Peace

Go back and read a little bit. This is old news and has been long since taken care of. Andy did discuss everything with Mutt, he just had a moment of insanity and posted while Andy was out of town. He has been well taken care of and was contacted as Skid Row continuously put off the dates.

Unfortunately you have to read a bit to get completely caught up.

Ok guys! Let's drop it...I've been reading this thing, and usually just do that...READ. But we all know life happens, and those of us who have been around for awhile know who we can do b-ness with...And, most of us know ANDY at CRS is a guy who will make things right if things do go wrong.

Andy, keep up the STRONG work...And we'll keep sending you b-ness, even if you are too busy for it! From one b-ness owner to another, This ain't such a bad problem to have!

Rick

Glad all is well with Mutt and CRS. Just added my 2cent or maybe less. My opinion is worthless. I just like offroading. I was just stating how I run my business. I've never met Andy/CRS in person. Just talked over the phone. I know when I'm really busy and have someone asking about parts I may come off rude. But thats life, I'll talk with my wife and have her post next. Later on.

Ha! As soon as I got home tonight the wife rushed me out the door to Open House at Destiny's school. I knew I was forgetting something!

Gee, I'm starting to look like a flake here!

It's the delirium from planning to take a Liberty to Crozet. It's just proof that I've finally lost my mind. My wife has offered to purchase me another Jeep so I'll quit tearing hers up........I've got an '86 CJ-7 on 38s that ramps over 1100 on a 20deg RTI in mind.

Back