Carolina Rock Shop

stone said:
who did he get rid of?

not sure of the guys name, he just told me he had to let a guy go. he also said he needs some help.

Andy has fired a long time employee, he has also already hired someone new. If you guys didn't know he's closed til the 7th of this month, I would suppose to get these problems straightened out. I've had some issues with Andy myself but I will continue doing business with him. I think this week he is trying to take care of some of these issues once and for all. Hope everyone gets their stuff taken care of.

Nic-

On another note as well, he has always taken care of me. This is an up and down business and custom work does take time, patience when dealing with money is often hard to have but try to get it worked out before you write him off.

Nic-

andy has done good by me.. he has installed stuff on my X, w.o messing it up I.e. 4wheelparts in charlotte.... he order a 8000lbs Warn winch for me, i was supposed to go get that installed, and didnt arrive in time, he did the Warn 9500Xpi for the same price he quote me on the the lower end winch. I was acceptalbe to paying more... I do sales... stuff happens... Unless andy has a million dollars in his bank account why would he not want to take your money?

I've dealt with Andy for quite some time now. He has always done great work. It does take time as its only a couple guys working. I have been in his shop many times and the phone does not stop ringing. Now some complain that he doesnt return phone calls. I can tell you from being in his shop if he answered every call when it came in no work would ever be done by him. Most all those that call leave a message so if he then listens to all the messages and calls back right then, nothing gets done. Since he let the other guy go he has been in shop 12-14hours a day trying to catch up on work. Give the guy a break he is not a big company with endless staff doing work for him so he can run the phone. I will continue to use Andy for my 4x4 needs and wouldnt hesitate(sp) to give him my money. And for those of you that are complaining about money I have roughly 22k tied up in parts in that shop right now and they have been there for 6-8 months for a project. Due to Andy busting his hump to get other projects out mine has been put on the back burner. So give the guy a break he is good people and is not out to rip anyone off and if given a chance will make things right.

I don't get to go to the Rock Shop nearly as much as I would like to. Over the last year, I have had several dealings with Andy. Some trading, some buying, and some work. I have been there many times, and Andy is a true work-a-holic. I have often wondered, and even commented as to how he can keep his marriage intact. I have never had a bad dealing with Andy at all. IN this business I do see how things can and have gone wrong. Every instance that I know of where there has been a problem, he has done what he could to address the situation and his best to make it right. I say give him a chance to personally respond to this before any more ridicule on here.

well... no company can please ALL their customers ALL the time. Shit happens. Does that justify anything? Nope, I don't know the whole story, What I do know is Andy is a Stand up guy, He'll admit if he screwed something up, (IF in fact he did) and I've seen him do everything he can to fix an issue. Like Chip said, He's a work aholic, and I too have wondered how he's kept up with his marriage too. :D

I've dealt with Andy as a customer and a vendor, and 100% satisfaction on my dealings.

Never had a problem with any of his work. I think he is just buried with it right now and trying to keep up with family stuff too. And work-a-holic is putting it lightly. I don't know why he doesn't just sell his house and live at the shop. He's there all the time anyway.

I don't usually way in on these types of post but I have to make an exception here.
I have done business with Andy over the past year and he has ALWAYS come through for me and has done a superior job with all the projects he as done for me.
In terms of not answering the phone...Go over to the shop and spend a couple of hours with him as he is working on your rig....The phone never stops ringing....so he has to make a choice keep working on the rig in front of him and helping the customer in front of him or answer the phone...easy answer - customer service 101 says the customer in front of you is more important at that time than the one on the phone. Further more I would bet that only about 10% of his phone calls turn into real business. As a customer I would get real annoyed if a 30 minute job turned into 90 minutes because he had to answer the phone every other minute.
I communicate with Andy via email and pm's, he is very responsive to those and I know I can tell him better what I want in an email than a phone call. Plus I understand that MS Carolina Rock Shop is working the front desk and is helping with phones and such.
A couple of times I couldn't get there when I thought I could to pick up some stuff and HE followed up with me, he never let it fall through the cracks.
The old saying...Walk a mile in another man's shoes..etc..., well think about it...

Okay, I am now back from being out of town at my little brother's wedding since thursday.

I have not read all the responses in this post yet but I will try and catch up with them.

First off, I want to say that the parts that Mutt is having an issue with is an oil pan skid plate for a Jeep Liberty. He ordered 4 skid plates and a pair of CRS rocker guards on 6/19/06. I informed him on that date that I had 2 of the skids in stock, that 2 were coming from SKid Row(and they told me that they were in stock) and that we would immediately build the rockers. I ordered the skids from Skid Row that day, we built the rockers the following day, and set the skids that were in stock to the side with his name on them.

Now, I have been fighting with Skid Row over missed delivery dates on this skid plate and have talked to Mutt about it. I have offered (and will still offer) a refund on that skid because they lied to me that it was in stock when I called the first time (and I charged him because they said it was going to ship out).

I have talked to this customer and his wife multiple times over the past 2 months about this skid. I left a message for him on July 28th because after yet another conversation with Skid Row I was told 5 more weeks and I needed to get an okay from him. The message was never returned by him or his wife and I left for my little brother's wedding on thursday. I just got back to a computer and one of the guys told me there was a post. I talked to his wife and reexplained the situation again to her and again offered a refund for that skid. Again, EVERYTHING else on his order has been ready and waiting for him and he has been told this on multiple occasions when I spoke to him on the phone.

I know we have had some problems in the past with communication. We are working on it. That is why my wife is in here answering the phone. If people do not leave messages on the machine or leave a full name and phone number with her I will not call you back. People call all the time and ask for me. She politely tells them I am busy(otherwise I can never get off the phone and actually turn any work out in the back). Again, if you ask for me and leave no message you will not get a call back. Also, don't refuse to leave a message and then keep calling back because I very seldom answer the phone myself. I am trying to get us caught up on our current work load and I cannot do that if I spend 5 hours on the phone each day. Leave a message with my wife and tell her specifically what you are looking for. I have been calling everyone who leaves a full name and phone number with her or on our machine back as quick as I can.

I will try to go through the other posts and address specific issues sometime tonight.

Thanks
Andy

And while Andy took the time to respond to this crap somebody elses junk is in the back not getting worked on by him. :fuck-you: But as always he is here to Man up and take the time to explain .

Just a couple more notes about things I caught up on.........

John had every reason to be upset, I was having a ton of problems at that point and I waited monthes for a threaded insert in order to finish his order.
If I can ever help him out with anything else to make up for it I will be more than happy to.

On My wife telling Mutt that we have had a ton of CS problems........that is taken out of context. What she discussed with him was the fact that we have had unhappy customers because our suppliers have been completely screwing us on delivery times after promises of faster times. It is a problem across the industry right now and myself and a few other companies are trying to figure out a solution. I spoke with one vendor who tried to bill us for a part with a 10 day required payment for a part that was 6 monthes out.

All I am saying is that we are working very hard to take care of things here and make them go a bit smoother. I have spent straight from when I returned to now and it will be way after 6 when I return all the calls from thurs afternoon, friday, sat and this morning. The phone rings non-stop here with alot of tire kicking and we are doing our best to field all the calls.

Thanks and for those that have a problem with me, give me a shout, leave a message, and give me another chance. I will do my best to make sure you are well taken care of as we go through these growing pains.

Andy

on another note, ive been dealing with manufacturers all my life from drag racing to motocross racing , motorcycles , and off-roading. when a manufacturer runs out of a part they usually dont build anymore of that item until they have a certain amount of orders. so any shop that needs one part , a manufacturer will not build that specific part until they have a certain amount of orders for that part. unless they are a very large company, then they will build stuff and have it sitting around. because they can afford to. this is very difficult when shops have this happen to them. so be patient ,this is not the shop's fault. they are just suppliers to customers through the manufacturer.

Totally out there but i remember a while back Chris building a few sets of these sliders for LOST, was this one of them cause if so you were again, as stated, held to the wiles of a vendor.

I remember that well, Chrisy was lumbering around with the half truck of steel for like 4 sets of them

scarface said:
Totally out there but i remember a while back Chris building a few sets of these sliders for LOST, was this one of them cause if so you were again, as stated, held to the wiles of a vendor.
I remember that well, Chrisy was lumbering around with the half truck of steel for like 4 sets of them
No.

and................Andy and myself just had an indepth phone conversation and have resolved the majority of the issues.

Zubz.. left ya a message.. :flipoff2:

Mutt said:
Hey Stone, the Liberty will be at Crozet September 9th and 10th.......you should bring your junk and see if you can keep up.
Sorry but you opened up for this one. I know welcome to last year :flipoff2:
auggal4.jpg

!

I have been down to the shop on several occasions, with Chip. Andy answered the phone. More than likely, it is someone who wants his expertise on some project of theirs, not actual business. "Will this work, what do you think, etc."

Back