Carolina Rock Shop

Have you tried every means of getting with Andy? People do get busy, but if it is something else...

Tell the whole story, like what, when that kind of thing. It might help

scarface said:
Have you tried every means of getting with Andy? People do get busy, but if it is something else...
Tell the whole story, like what, when that kind of thing. It might help
The middle of May, I contacted Andy to purchase some parts. In good faith, at that time I gave him my credit card number to charge $1300.00 for the parts. After about two weeks my credit card still hadn't been billed, so I called to see what was up. The next day I finally got a return call and got my "order" placed. Since then I've called on numerous occasions and there has always been a changing excuse about where the parts are.

I've also asked to purchase some other parts, which I'm not even sure if Andy even remembers talking to me about them. Anyway, I was ready to spend another $500 to $600 with CRS, but I'm seriously over it.

As I stated earlier, this started in the middle of May and it's now August. I've cancelled wheeling trips, family fun, and a vacation to pick up these parts.........now I'm tired of waiting. Oh yeah, everytime I call, it's like they have never talked to me before.

I'm over it, I'm just ask for my money to be restored to my credit card so I can take my business to a reputable company. I've blown his phone up over the last couple of days....do they screen their calls? Maybe they are just busy, but to me it's just bad business.

yager said:
Andy is a respected vendor on this site, so if your going to bash him in chit chat you need to post up the whole story.

Andy's own wife admitted on the phone to my wife that this isn't the first time this has happened and there have been many dissatisfied customers in the past. So, maybe this site needs to reconsider it's "respected vendor" policy. I've also done a Better Business Bureau search which makes me question the practices of this "respected vendor".

Hopefully this will keep other members of this board from being fleeced. CRS (Andy) can return my money or supply said parts and end this issue.

Maybe you have $1300 you can throw away with nothing to show for it, but I don't.

scarface said:
That story is weak sauce, What parts? When were they supoposed to ship? From where to where.
Weak sauce? Hey, send me $1300 and I'll sit on it for a couple months and then ignore you. Then you can tell me it's weak.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with CRS. I have had pretty good experiences with him. I hope you get it resolved quickly!

scarface said:
WHAT PARTS?
What the parts are is really irrelavant to the situation. Some Andy was to fabricate and others were coming from a supplier. Once, I called and inquiring about parts status and Andy said, "Let me call them and I'll call you right back", to which I never received a return phone call. This isn't a week or two week, we are talking about THREE MONTHS.

Since then only his wife answers the phone, even though I hear Andy talking to her through her hand over the phone..........or they don't answer the phone at all.

Maybe I need to take a five hour trip to Charlotte, spending more money, to get my money back.

They may be your buddies and great guys, but the business acumen is severly lacking.

If you've blown up his phone yesterday and today then you need to reconsider. Andy was scheduled to do a detroit install yesterday morning before he left for NY for a wedding. When the patron (one of our members showed up) Andy put the rig on the lift and found that the brand new housing that Jeep had installed was trashed. The damage was done on the drive to Charlotte due to the 4 bolts in the shaft retainer plate not being installed, however the caliper held the disc on and the shaft somewhat in place for the trip, however, destroyed the shaft bearing and housing. Well, now with Andy loosing money on the following deal, he had his employeed Chris tow our members jeep 4 hours to Myrtle Beach to drop it off at the dealership. Chris was paid for his time and fuel.

The above is to tell you that he is NOT in town and nobody was at the shop to work the phones and the shop is closed Friday.

AND that the guys up there went out of there way to get Jim back home to Myrtle beach with Andy loosing his scheduled work for the morning.

If the part was from other vendors then you are at there mercy also. THAT is why i asked.

And yea i know Andy. But my line of work is the same way, someone wants something I order it, I wait, the order is screwed, but its my fault. Right?

He will make it right, wait til he gets back call and talk to HIM about resolving it before you start flaming. It is only the responcible thing to do.

OH btw, Andy has a few grand of of my money, i have no parts, but i wait for the vendor to make the items i need, its been maybe 4 months but i know the WHOLE SITUATION.

Not too sure about the work that he does, but I agree on the phone not getting answered enough. I have tried to call there many times with no answer.

In fact I have seen more than one post on this site about the phone not getting answered there and him not returning messages. I am sure that he is busy. If this is the case, maybe hire someone to answer the phones and so on. To me it sounds like he is losing business because he can't get to the calls.

It was really nice to tow that guy back home, but it sounds like he should have been taking care of other business (like building Mutt's parts) before he squeezed someone else in the shop.

scarface said:
If the part was from other vendors then you are at there mercy also. THAT is why i asked.
And yea i know Andy. But my line of work is the same way, someone wants something I order it, I wait, the order is screwed, but its my fault. Right?
He will make it right, wait til he gets back call and talk to HIM about resolving it before you start flaming. It is only the responcible thing to do.
OH btw, Andy has a few grand of of my money, i have no parts, but i wait for the vendor to make the items i need, its been maybe 4 months but i know the WHOLE SITUATION.

I've been promised delivery dates for the last three months. If the part is hopelessly backordered, a phone call with an estimated date of delivery would have sufficed. Have I received such a phone call? No.

Repeated calls and efforts to resolve this issue have been made on my behalf. When is it in Carolina Rock Shop's (Andy) responsibility that their customer knows what is going on?

Evidently, you think this is my first course of action in an attempt to resolve this issue. Rest assured that is not the case.

I'm glad you know the WHOLE SITUATION, maybe it's your personal relationship with Andy that keeps you informed about the status of your order. Once again, CRS customer service is severely lacking. I'm over trying to resolve the issue. I want my money back and feel others should be forewarned of CRS's business practices.

I've hardly ever been able to get him on the phone, until about 2 weeks ago when he got his wife to take care of calls. Ive found if you go down there, he is much more available, however, the problem is that there are always people down there wanting to talk so he can't get work done.

I had a similar situation earilier this year. The skinny is that I had about $1k in parts and labor that were not delivered. He wouldnt return my phone calls untill I canceled the charge. After it was all said and done, he made the situation right, but I will never do business with him agian.
You must be really busy not to take 2 seconds to say, hey, the parts are on backorder (or whatever the situation is), im sorry. 90% of us will understand, and be patient, 10% wont, but thats how it goes...

he had to get rid of a guy working there and his wife is currently answering the phone. right now he wants to hire someone. we are not friends we just know each other from me doing business there. right now he is handling a problem for me that i had with a manufacturers part. and he returns all my calls personally. sometimes his wife takes the message and he calls back. of course its 6:00 am but he knows my phone is on early cause i tell him thats the best time to call. in andy's defense he is very busy. he should call you and tell you whats going on. i agree totally with that. or have his wife call you. anyways my 2 cents. overall i plan to do more business there. full cage ,rear bumper, etc. good luck .

The question about what parts you ordered is NOT irrelevant. Perhaps someone on here knows product that was back ordered and can help you out?

I'm not making excuses, but to me it sounds like CRS is experiencing some growing pains and not communicating well with it's customers. It doesn't sound to me like shady business. I know how you feel though Mutt, I would be a little upset too if I were in your shoes.

This backorder shit happens quite often with many shops. For some products there may be less than 3 manufactors in the country who make products for several vendors. EX... There are over a dozen oil filter name brands I can think of. There are only 2 factories I know of in the US that make them. If a particular part is on backorder from one shop, most likely it's on backorder everywhere else (because vendors get their stuff from the same factory as everyone else) unless they just happen to have one on hand. There is definetely a lack of communication between Factory - Distributor - Vendor - Customer. They don't always tell you it's on backorder at first because they don't want to lose your money, and sometimes the vendor might not know. Unfortunately it makes it worse (and you will lose my money) when you find out there is no definite date on when you will get your parts (after you have patiently waited a month or so already). I do wish someone would just be honest with me BEFORE I make the transaction. It's not all CRS's fault. Something that sometimes helps is going through a local place you can actually go to. There's not many things that piss me off more than calling some 1800 number only to wait forever and get the "I'm not sure what's happening with you order, Let me get back with you on this later today." shit. Then a week later I call them back because they haven't called me....... Hope you get right soon.

There are a couple of really big name lift suppliers that are really hard to deal with as a vendor too. From what I understand, they will tell you (the vendor) something is on the way, you tell the customer and then it does not show, etc.

Then you (the vendor) look bad but it is really the lift/parts you ordered. That is why several folks asked WHICH parts, because some of them are pretty notorious.

In fact, almost every case we have seen on here, it was the parts/lift kits companies jerking the vendor around...etc.

BTW, there is a specific vendor section on here, that is what that area is for... will be moving this thread to that location.

Sam

I would have cancelled the $1300 if it was my CC two months ago. If he can't return calls or answer the phone, then how are you supposed to know when the parts would arrive. I understand it may not be his fault they have not arrived, but he should at least call and tell him when they might arrive.

Back