Burrellsjeep Project: Eugene

Bumper Parts

I sent over some info to Mud at Mud Pro Metal works, He is bending up my front winch mount and bumper mounts, He is also going to come up a fair lead mount, Should be interesting. May even throw some D hole mounts on there also.

Here are the drawings I sent him.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_BumperPlate.jpg

Here is the what the front hoop bar will look like, It will be mounted to the front face for the bumper mount.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_FrontPushBar.jpg

These are just the parts drawings, I will post when I have the whole thing together.

Hell yea man. Lookin good. I'm glad to see the old bumper off of there.

hey mike i like that bumper plate and the cage and fenders too.when i get home i've got to do a coupla projects on mine. i ordered a propane kit,b&m shifter. going to get brandon at rides to cut me a set of beadlocks.might get him to weld them for me not sure if i trust my welding.

With some help from Kyle I finished up the fenders yesterday in time for a night ride up to Brown Mtn with the family and the jammers.

Here are some pictures from building fenders,

I got the sheet metal all tacked on and ground down ( I hate sheet metal and body work )

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_SheetMetalTacked.jpg

I picked up some " Metal Filled Bondo" to help smooth the connection between the sheet metal and tubes, It was my first time deal with it. All in all it turned out good.

Filled and roughly sanded

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_FilledandMounted.jpg

Just after finale sanding and just before primer.
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_FinaleMockbeforepaint2.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Finalemockbeforepaint1.jpg

And here is the finale product, I will get some of shots with both fenders in it, when I get a chance to clean it, it was little muddy last night :D
(Sorry it fuzzy, Kyle was takin the pictures :flipoff2:)
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Painted1.jpg

Paint flat black for now (Thats what i had), I may try my hand at matching them to the body color, or at least a semi gloss black.
ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_Painted2.jpg

I am very happy with how they turned out, there by no means show room type fenders, but I didn't intend from them to be.

Well I got it together for the flats this weekend,

Went ahead and mounted the bumper plate, Still have to do the tube work and mount the fair lead mount, but I needed something to get me by for the weekend, I kind like the less is more look.

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_TempBumper.jpg

Both Fenders installed

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_FendersComplete.jpg

See Yall Saturday.

Wow! It looks great. Nice job on those fenders, and on the steering setup, and on the truss, and on the suspension, and on the bumper haha. Looks top notch and obviously works great too.

Good work Mike...
I really dig the CJ style turn markers.....

Front Hoop

I am working on the front hoop, Turning out nicely, The angles on the saw are a not enough so I have to cut them by hand with a cut off wheel. I got the hoop tacked on and I am I cutting the spreaders that will brace it back to the top of the bumper.

Here are some pics so far

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_004_6.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_005_5.jpg

Here is the angle it will sit at

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_006_4.jpg

ai298.photobucket.com_albums_mm279_burrellsjeep_Linked_001_7.jpg

I will update as I make progress

Back