Biggest douche-mobile

give credit where credits due. It's parked at the back of the lot
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG

View attachment 253750 anybody who buys this: Smittybilt's new exo, err, luggage rack (that is technically not billed as a cage, which is the only saving grace)

The umm.... coolest part... is that the tubing sections all bolt together for easy install. Probably slipfit with a cross bolt like my wife's IKEA hammock stand. And trampolines.

There's just something fundamentally wrong with a bolt-on, prepainted, multipiece exo thingy. That has to be wobbly, because there's no way to make that type of joint stiff at all.

The fact that its luggage rack posing as an exocage that is reserved for only the most baller brodozers, doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it's a luggage rack and it has that cross bar across the rear window.

It would be really, really wobbly without that cross bar. Can you imagine a slip joint exocage without some triangulation?

Last edited:
The umm.... coolest part... is that the tubing sections all bolt together for easy install. Probably slipfit with a cross bolt like my wife's IKEA hammock stand. And trampolines.

There's just something fundamentally wrong with a bolt-on, prepainted, multipiece exo thingy.

Let's be honest it probably is just a slip joint like all the roof racks you can buy, this is just an extension on the roof rack
System they have had for a couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's just something fundamentally wrong with a bolt-on, prepainted, multipiece exo thingy. That has to be wobbly, because there's no way to make that type of joint stiff at all.

It would be really, really wobbly without that cross bar. Can you imagine a slip joint exocage without some triangulation?

I wouldn't want it for the simple fact of how many holes you have to drill in the body. Haha!

Everytime I see one of those roof rack / pseudo cages on the road, you can tell the driver thinks that thing is hot shit. They usually are steering with their wrist in what I call "full dangle strut mode"

It looks like the stub shaft and the part of the CV that goes into the differential are still there, it's just missing the actual shaft...
broke it muddin i reckon..

Don't forget the 3+ MPG hit you'll get with that rack.

Did anybody happen to notice that the S10 Blazer body is on a full size K5 or shortbed K10 frame? I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, but it does explain some things.

View attachment 253750 anybody who buys this: Smittybilt's new exo, err, luggage rack (that is technically not billed as a cage, which is the only saving grace)

Wow, you guys are off your game... I got it all figured out...

@marty79 has not been around here much recently. You know why? I'll tell you why! Smittybilt saw his body panel mounted trampoline bars on his XJ, and hired him as the lead designer on this project!! And now we are all the suckers :D

Back