37.5 KB · Views: 398
Show and Shine event

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 405
Flats

We can still come out even though we late cant we? What exit again and whats the cost so i can get some cash out???????

Looking forward to pictures of some carnage, and just pictures in general. Hope it is going well.

My day was the big suck... I had a good 1.5 hr drive that i started late because my wife and daughter wanted to go(Which I was excited about because thats the first time they shown any intrest in wheel-in) and I had to wait on them to get ready. The cj ran fine on the way down but when We stopped for breakfast It was idling rough. But we headed on down and when I stopped for gas right out side the flats it wouldn't idle but after pedaling the 4 barrel a few times it started running ok. We went in to the first little play area and right off my tires rubed into the frame mounts I haven't really wheeled it besides at the DPG and I guess I didn't flex it there. Well I though we will keep on going and just try to stay straight and and not work the frame so much because it is fun just riding around and we headed up to the upper play area. We went up the hill to the left to give them a good veiw of where we were and as the 4-barrel comes in it shut off right on the top of the hill. I rolled it back down to the bottom and started trying to get it started back. My wife and daughter were hot so I put the top on the jeep to block the sun(That didn't make things any better). Hats off to the guys working the event up there they came over and offered help. Well I got it started and My wife and daughter wanted to go home so after a long drive in a jeep that was running like butt tied to butt we got home and they said wheel-in wasn't for them. My son and I had so much fun the first time but I prepared for the first trip for about 2 days. Well I hope ya'll raised alot of money and I hate we didn't even get out of the jeep but thats how it goes some times.

had a blast...first time I've wheeled my mall crawlin tj and had plenty to learn on. worth the 5 minute drive from the house :) . Think I passed you mmcj7 on my way in your way out.

had a great time today. but the heat was just too much. didnt get to take my toy buggy due to some ignition problems but got to wheel with my buddy in his red sami. got me a couple of nc4x4 stickers and some lunch from The Hotdog Guy before we headed home.

I rode the ledge and then took some hard hits to the transfercase on the rockpile hill at the parking lot. My truck shut off and wouldn't crank without being rolled off. I got it to the shop and figured out that the distributor had moved.....a good bit. Its fixed now.

I rode the ledge and then took some hard hits to the transfercase on the rockpile hill at the parking lot.

I watched that while I was eating lunch, that was a pretty hard hit. Glad you were able to get it fixed!

Unmeasurable amount of fun today! Thanks for hosting guys! I hope the benefit raised what you were hoping for, we certainly appreciate you opening up the park up to the public today.

We took the TJ up Ol' Stumpy, Rock Ledge, 3 Way and #6 (bypassing the mud :D). Only carnage is a beat up shock due to my spring coming off the perch and wedging up against it. I owe a few guys some beer for helping get the spring back on... and then back on... and then back on.

As always, we met a great group of people and I enjoyed talking shop with all of them. I didn't get very many pictures, but will post a few later this evening.

Thanks again!!

-Jay

I just got home. Huge thanks to the Rock corp 4x4 group for opening up their private playground. I hope you raised a bunch of money for the guy in need. Man, I had a freaking blast today! I missed the spring open ride due to a broken front axle shaft, and there are definitely a lot more trails open now than there were back last November. I think my favorite trail is 3-way. I stayed up in the woods on the trails in the shade all day, and drank tons of water and gatorade which must have saved me from the heat.

Only carnage is a beat up shock due to my spring coming off the perch and wedging up against it. I owe a few guys some beer for helping get the spring back on... and then back on... and then back on.

-Jay

That was me and mostly the guy riding shotgun with me, Clayton. Was nice to meet you man.

Danny

X however many. Thanks to Rock Corps, especially Chip Price, upnover, for organizing this event. It was just TOO hot. I tanked around 4 :) Did get to watch Danny, Clayton and the Sami make some nice lines though :)

thanks for the chance to play

I had a great time.. Would have been better if i would not have cut a tire going up superman again... Was really hot today but the hot dogs were great and the people were awesome.. great ride for a great cause.. thanks to everyone who pulled it off..

I got to meet some new people today....clayton and drkelly. It was way too hot and my not having a trans tunnel just made it worse!

Just got in, Had a blast and it was nice to put some faces with names.

Thanks to everyone who survived the heat and made the ride out, You just don't know how much it means to Cannon family, We were there after the raffle and trophies were givin out and got to meet his mother and father and you could just see in there faces how much this meant to them. It was one moment I was proud to be a part of.

Thanks again to the Rock Corps for putting this event on.

Just got in, Had a blast and it was nice to put some faces with names.

Thanks to everyone who survived the heat and made the ride out, You just don't know how much it means to Cannon family, We were there after the raffle and trophies were givin out and got to meet his mother and father and you could just see in there faces how much this meant to them. It was one moment I was proud to be a part of.

Thanks again to the Rock Corps for putting this event on.

x2 couldnt have said it better

absolutely, the guys family was very greatfull, i had a great time as allways at the flats,
mudder it was good to put a name to a face, good to meet you bud, 09 wrangler x it was good to meet ya. It was great to see how many turned out despite the miserable heat. Thanks rock corps for a good time.

you guy's and gal's that was at the raffle don't know what you saw. Dad is a rough and tough man to see his eye's water up as he was trying to thank the 4x4 community for what you have done was tough. a big thank's to everyone that helped out and a special thank's to Kevin Bently for giving dad a ride in that orange BEAST.
if anyone ever needs it we will be there.

Let's see some pic's

Just finished getting into the AC at home. The Cruiser died on me about 1 mile from the parking lot. Special thanks to one of the Trail Jammers (can't remember your name even though we talked shop forever - I blame it on the heat) for stopping to make sure everything was ok. Fuel delivery issue... and after a few choice words it turns out a few whacks with a 17mm will free up a mechanical fuel pump! When all else fails hit it harder.
Thanks to the Rock Corps for putting on the event. I hope the event raised enough $ to make it worthwhile. Never had the pleasure of riding the Flats and I had a blast. The Cruiser makes a few extra noises, but for a maiden voyage I can call it a success.
Can't wait to make improvements and ride again with a great group of folks...
A special thanks to Loose Cannon for helping my buddy get his CJ back home!

Back