95 chevy gears questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. But an open the seller signs, no buyer info is filled out and no notary seals...

Its open.

Which constitutes falsifying assignment. It's not rocket surgery. The seller fills out the part that says "I hereby assign title to this person at this address" and signs their name. The buyer signs, and the notary signs and stamps. There's no middle ground. If you ask somebody to sign their name and let you fill in the assignee part later and get your crooked notary to stamp it, you have knowingly falsified assignment of a title.

I really don't know what you think you're arguing here. You and I both know people that have gotten in trouble for this.

Which constitutes falsifying assignment. It's not rocket surgery. The seller fills out the part that says "I hereby assign title to this person at this address" and signs their name. The buyer signs, and the notary signs and stamps. There's no middle ground. If you ask somebody to sign their name and let you fill in the assignee part later and get your crooked notary to stamp it, you have knowingly falsified assignment of a title.

I really don't know what you think you're arguing here. You and I both know people that have gotten in trouble for this.

The laws are different for registered professionals versus for "lay people"
I would argue that the seller who signed the title without a buyer signing it would be the one guilty of falsifying assignment not the buyer who didnt sign...

The laws are different for registered professionals versus for "lay people"

Yeah. The dealer-specific parts are in another section.

I would argue that the seller who signed the title without a buyer signing it would be the one guilty of falsifying assignment not the buyer who didnt sign...

And you'd be wrong.

(a) Any person who, with fraudulent intent, shall alter any certificate of title, registration card issued by the Division, or any application for a certificate of title or registration card, or forge or counterfeit any certificate of title or registration card purported to have been issued by the Division under the provisions of this Article, or who, with fraudulent intent, shall alter, falsify or forge any assignment thereof, or who shall hold or use any such certificate, registration card, or application, or assignment, knowing the same to have been altered, forged or falsified, shall be guilty of a felony and upon conviction thereof shall be punished in the discretion of the court.

One year, DMV was going to fine me a hefty fine but never heard back so i quit and slowed down to 11 or less a year.

i now average about 4-6 a year..mostly jeeps though and i don't tag em in my name anymore..open titles is my best friend now lol

Clearly admitted that he was falsifying the assignment of title in order to avoid DMV regulations. Not coincidentally, this is the same thing he got banned for last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back