'81 Project Toy Full width Build up, Finally got it on the Trails....

ha

Metal Mangler an Unbreakable will be no match for my open diffs.

Well we got floor cut and drivetrain raised so it is Flat at bottom of frame rail :)

Looks like we may need to cut out that crossmember and make a new one :)

Attachments

• toyota 079.jpg
    toyota 079.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 841
  • toyota 081.jpg
    toyota 081.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 783
  • toyota 082.jpg
    toyota 082.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 812
here is bottom showing full flat with NO body lift

Attachments

• toyota 083.jpg
    toyota 083.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 834
  • toyota 085.jpg
    toyota 085.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 801
And we started on Exo Cage.. cage looks kinda away from body in pic but it is just the andgle it is at.

Attachments

• toyota 086.jpg
    toyota 086.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 841
  • toyota 087.jpg
    toyota 087.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 891
BRUISER said:
Looks like we may need to cut out that crossmember and make a new one :)

Stupid question: Can you "flip it" ? I mean a flat one would impeed the driveshaft movement wouldn't it?

CasterTroy said:
Stupid question: Can you "flip it" ? I mean a flat one would impeed the driveshaft movement wouldn't it?

which cross member are you talking about????
If you mean the new one we made we have a way around that - using a 2 piece driveshaft..

The one I was talking about is the one behind the cab that is in the way of the rear driveshaft.. that one will be cut out and we will make a new one that is not in the way anymore

When we do the 4-link, a new cross member will be added to mount the links to. It should be just behind the output flange. The stock one will be cut out.

Ken - a better option IMO would be to clock the second case up. This would let you bring the rear of the cases down, and give you a lower CoG & better rear output flange angle.

I bet BudBuilt can hook you up...

Lowering the back of the t-case down an 1 3/16" is not worth me changing out to the clocked dual case adapter. I dont think that it will greatly effect the COG, but im no expert.

Sweet build. Are you trying to keep this on a budget at all? How much $ are you into it so far? I have been considering a little 1st gen for another rig.

I have about 3k in it now, but Im guessing that I will have 5k in it when its ready to wheel. There are alot of little things that add up quickly.

Can I have my flashlight back???

1stgenxxx said:
Can I have my flashlight back???

Doesn't it go something like.. finders keepers :)

Lol, I guess so. Someone gave it to me and now it's yours. I have a bigger one..one of the battery killing maglights...sucker takes about 9 bucks worth of batteries. The truck looks awsome. Mine is going to get nasty asap because I'm bringing my new daily driver home tonight. 88 Trooper 4cyl EFI :driver:
ps..I might call you the next time I lock myself out of the house because I also left my spare keys in the truck...ha

Yall made anymore progress? post up some pics. Maybe I can get some free time this weekend to come check it out.

Jeff, PM me your addr and I'll send you those keys.

Bruce, i may be working on it this weekend, too many thing going on right now so progress is slow.

Shawn, what do you call deez nutz on your chin?

I was just messing around about the keys, just throw them away or something. Did you get the alternator problem resolved?

i'll have to put that on the list, i had forgotten about it.

Finally I have more parts, and updates...
The exo is coming along. progress is slow.....
2 fox shocks, and links arrived

Pics coming tomorrow night, I have to get them off of Bruisers camera.

Ok well finally here are some more pics...

We got drivers side bar on and top roof bar and center bar.. so Exo is coming along... hopefuly gonna work on it some more later this week and start setting up rear axle also..

So here are some pics of a little Bling :)

Attachments

• toyota 093.jpg
    toyota 093.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 657
  • toyota 092.jpg
    toyota 092.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 642
here are the pic showing drivers side and front top roof bar getting ready to be tacked in .

Attachments

• toyota 088.jpg
    toyota 088.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 689
  • toyota 089.jpg
    toyota 089.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 686
  • toyota 090.jpg
    toyota 090.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 622
Here is top roof bar, middle bar and little gusset bars :)

Attachments

• toyota 098.jpg
    toyota 098.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 649
  • toyota 100.jpg
    toyota 100.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 636
Back