'81 Project Toy Full width Build up, Finally got it on the Trails....

Well we went back to the shop tonight

Stripped Cab and figured out what we will cut out and replace due to rust and what we wil cut to raise drivetrain in the air..

Attachments

• toyota 055.jpg
    toyota 055.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 851
  • toyota 057.jpg
    toyota 057.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 773
we also took 13 inches out of rear bed sides and tacked them in place to see how we want to dovetail the rear so we can start with some tube

Attachments

• toyota 064.jpg
    toyota 064.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 802
  • toyota 058.jpg
    toyota 058.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 823
  • toyota 060.jpg
    toyota 060.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 832
Here is a straight on shot from the rear

Attachments

• toyota 059.jpg
    toyota 059.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 783
  • toyota 065.jpg
    toyota 065.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 784
looks like a good time to tub the cab/firewall while you're at it.

I will be selling the axles when the front comes out, I think they are 4.10 but I have not double checked.

For the cab we will skin a new floor, and build a new tunnle for the drive train.

Those are 4.10

Hahaha I used to drive that truck everyday. I'm sure that it's gonna be badass when it's complete. I am working on getting another 1st gen right now. Firstgens' are the way to go.

Well we got the Rock rails welded on...

So now we can start the Exo Cage :)

Attachments

• toyota 069.jpg
    toyota 069.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 937
  • toyota 068.jpg
    toyota 068.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 990
Just curious, what's the blue tape for?

Looks like a good start but if you cut off and replaced the rusty frame why weld rusty tube to a clean frame????:huggy:

Just bustin your chops......dovetail looks cool,whats the plans for the 44/9 combo? You can tell us.:)

StudNuts said:
its a yota....the tape holds it together :flipoff2:

You''re just jealous that nothing will hold your Ford together!:flipoff2: :D

lookin good man

Do you rember my 87? I am about to sas it. I ditched the slick tires and got some semi slick x terrains. I am about halfway into my exo cage. I will take some pictures if it in a few days and post them on here.

Hey buddy, me and you are going head to head in 2 wheel drive when you get that beast done!
QUALITYEQUIPMENT.jpg
[/IMG]

Justin, we need to get Baldy Locks in on this wheel off! Dont be playa hatin Jeffy Poo. I dont wanna haf ta come ta Lenoir and pop a cap. LOL

Well We got B Hoop on but I forgot to take pics. we also cut floor and put in a Marlin Crawler Box..

Next we are gonna work more on cage and raise floor to get drivetrain higher up to make flatty bely skid

Well Here are some pics I took tonight of the Drivetrain back in and our temp cuts on floor to get it back in.. we also cut out the entire center section of floor tonight but camera ran out of batteries

Attachments

• toyota 074.jpg
    toyota 074.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 949
  • toyota 076.jpg
    toyota 076.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 949
  • toyota 077.jpg
    toyota 077.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 892
Back