6" Body lift stacking blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
also previously stated, the axles i got for it are dana 44 3/4 ton front and 14bff rear, the half tons under it now are for sale if anyone wants them, 10 bolt 3.73 12 bolt 4.11. im putting 5.38s in my new axles.

also previously stated, the axles i got for it are dana 44 3/4 ton front and 14bff rear, the half tons under it now are for sale if anyone wants them, 10 bolt 3.73 12 bolt 4.11. im putting 5.38s in my new axles.

All else aside, if you plan on putting that thing in 4wd, you need to at least upgrade to a d60 front. That d44 is no better than the 10bolt front that you pulled out. In fact, if you have the older style big hub d44 that Chevy used, I'd sooner have the 10bolt. Those things were turds.

Hey man, this is CJ, the guy from statesville who came up to help you and Justin load the 44. Honestly, for a show truck, I don't think it matters what you do. As far as braking, I don't think it will be any harder to stop than it would be to stop a reg 3/4 ton with a trailer behind it. Just know what your doing.

As far as the body lift. I'd get more tubing and cut it to the length that your wanting. Its not rocket science.

One serious note, at least do crossover steering on it. That way you'll be able to have safe steering. Good luck,

if its just a show truck why don't you just take it down to a 3" body (alot safer) and do custom leafs. Not like it would ride any worse than before and would be alot safer.

Iv heard stories of peoples body bolts braking under a hard stop or other situations and the body came off. not saying that WOULD happen to you but... it could

yeh there's not a lot of open minded people on forums.....do it their way or not at all

Hey man, this is CJ, the guy from statesville who came up to help you and Justin load the 44. Honestly, for a show truck, I don't think it matters what you do. As far as braking, I don't think it will be any harder to stop than it would be to stop a reg 3/4 ton with a trailer behind it. Just know what your doing.

As far as the body lift. I'd get more tubing and cut it to the length that your wanting. Its not rocket science.

One serious note, at least do crossover steering on it. That way you'll be able to have safe steering. Good luck,

hey man. yeah ive already bought the cross over kit, im ordering a PSC hydro assist kit soon as well.

and i said earlier that i wanted to do away with the tubing and stack body lift blocks, so the blocks cant slide around the bolt. that was the actual reason i started this thread.

yeh there's not a lot of open minded people on forums.....do it their way or not at all

nah there just really is a right way and ghetto fab way....the OP here as well as some others tend to go ghetto fab...

BTW a K5 will clear 44s with only 4"s of lift.

Or you can put 22" of custom springs that are chrome plated, but then again that WAS the 80s...

hey man. yeah ive already bought the cross over kit, im ordering a PSC hydro assist kit soon as well.

and i said earlier that i wanted to do away with the tubing and stack body lift blocks, so the blocks cant slide around the bolt. that was the actual reason i started this thread.

Multi link setup with long coils, coil-overs or air shocks would be the best way to handle it.

nah there just really is a right way and ghetto fab way....the OP here as well as some others tend to go ghetto fab...
BTW a K5 will clear 44s with only 4"s of lift.
Or you can put 22" of custom springs that are chrome plated, but then again that WAS the 80s...

yeh i thought you didn't need a crap load of lift with those to clear big tires.....
but those chrome springs....BLING BLING!!

Why would you waste money on hydro assist if its just a big a$$ street beater

well even on the road you still have to use your steering beleive it or not. and 53s mounted on a wheel weigh over 350 pounds each.

WOW, I hate I'm so late to this but I've been out all day and night:beer:
Damn I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. Although I do see a classic Monte Carlo riding around on 32's every once in a while, not much difference I guess....
You may have better luck here www.cardomain.com

Jordan,
We have all been young and dumb at one time. But please take advice. What you are proposing IS DANGEROUS. People are trying to save your and others LIVES

wow, thats taking it a little too seriously...

Not at all. I've seen people with 3 inch body lifts brake body bolts & rip mounts on their cabs & frames. What you're doing is putting double the stress on those pieces. There's a reason that it's illegal to run more than 3 inch body lifts in most states and that manufacturers don't make anything taller. It's just not safe.

Even if nothing ever happens with it, if you hit another vehicle, by having this on your's, you are opening yourself to lawsuits.

If you claimed that this was never driven on the street, then people would probably let you be, but since you claim that this is a street/show truck, then you are admitting to being a danger to others.

If you're going to lift the body, there are safer ways to do it. The double frame method, is one. Another is to design heavy duty body mounts that are in a raised position. However, your 6" tube spacers are dangerous!

wow, thats taking it a little too seriously...

No, no it's not.

Thats why everyone is jumping on, because this is very serious.
hate to sound like your parents, but every time you get behind the wheel of a car you take your AND MY life in your hand. If your car is ill prepared to operate safely UNDER THE WORST POSSIBLE CONDITIONS, then you have not given enough consideration to my and my family's life and that pisses me and many off. (BTW this includes much more than just 6" body lifts, what about these guys running around with steel belts showing on their tires) frankly if you dont value my life, I start to lose value for yours.

listen I can wrote a book on dumb stuff, I did most of it and invented a few things when I was young (BTW dont try the stacked frame thing, if the welds break in a panic stop or fender bender it makes a hell of a mess when 2 frames separate at 45 mph, in myrtle beach on hwy 17, I'm just sayin....)

You arent thee first to have the board jump at you (see almost every post by Ricky aka jjraw23) and you probably wont be the first to ignore thee advice given. But if you have the back bone to post up when your decision back fires you wont be the first to get told "told ya so" either....

:beer:

I like how I'm the boards common look at him to find out how not to do it guy, :lol:

w/e i guess runnin rockwells on the street welded with full hydro steering and pinion brakes with 53's is a little sketchy . . . .

Regardless I have nothin against a 6" body lift, just do something to make it safer, maybe weld the current 6" pipes you cut to the frame, that'll keep em from sliding around and should help prevent bolt breakage?

But yea I don't think the balljoints in the dana 44 will be able to hold up to the 53's, I know how heavy they are from trying manhandle mine around by myself :shaking:

So sir, I think your 'previously stated' question has been answered on a number of occasions. You started a thread about stacking body lifts and there is a general consensus on what to do.

You could heed to the advice given, or you can be ignorant.

I like how I'm the boards common look at him to find out how not to do it guy, :lol:
w/e i guess runnin rockwells on the street welded with full hydro steering and pinion brakes with 53's is a little sketchy . . . .
Regardless I have nothin against a 6" body lift, just do something to make it safer, maybe weld the current 6" pipes you cut to the frame, that'll keep em from sliding around and should help prevent bolt breakage?
But yea I don't think the balljoints in the dana 44 will be able to hold up to the 53's, I know how heavy they are from trying manhandle mine around by myself :shaking:

Yeah, but Ricky Ive said this publicly and in PMs but I have a TON of respect for how you have taken the criticism, not listened to it and stood up and took it on the chin when it bit you in the azz.

BTW I was thinking more of tow vehicle sketchy :flipoff2:

The biggest concern Id have with any big body lift is the sheer strength of the tub and frame mount points. I dont care what hardware you use, you are still screwing in to heavy gauge sheet metal AND increasing your fulcrum length... Just think about that 6' of cheater pipe...

the original question wasnt if it was safe, i know how good i am at building things. the actual question, if you can read, was where can i find 20 body lift blocks.

the original question wasnt if it was safe, i know how good i am at building things. the actual question, if you can read, was where can i find 20 body lift blocks.

...and you think that stacking body lift blocks is safer than what you have??? :gay:

Don't expect anybody to help you with that one, :poop:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back