6" Body lift stacking blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, who makes that ridiculously big IFS bracketry for a Tacoma?

home made ifs lift in the front, 5 inch allpro springs with extra leaves, 3 inch blocks and 2 inch shackles in the back.

so anyway, ive had a bad day so far. worked 13 hoursd last night and came home and started on the blazer. the steering box brace kit, of course, doesnt fit right at all. they missed the shit out of it. i got the side part c clamped down enough where i could weld about 25% of it. the bottom peice is completely unusable.

i got a set of euros for christmas. they tightened them up so hard with the screws that i cant get one of the screws out, i havent even tried the other side. i have to get a reverse bit to get a screw out that shouldnt have even been there to begin with. plus all my torx wrenches and sockets are missing so i cant get my factory tail lights off.

anyway, ill get it all sorted out, i always do.

i actually said previously the 6 inch body lift is the only thing i have that im not proud of. and nowhere in this forum, or any other forum, have i said i wanted more than 6 inches of body lift. so you just made that part up.and telling me to fuck a goat? well i guess thats a typical hillbilly insult. its not a very good one, but i guess when you dont have shoes on your feet, a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of, bad insults are the least of your troubles.

:popcorn::popcorn::beer::beer:
This is getting interesting LOL.

Easy guys. Step back take a breath and understand that everyone has there own likes and dislikes about trucks and how they are built.

Do you already have longer shackles? Maybe a 2 inch body lift and shackles could get you there. Trimming would never hurt either. Get some flares to give you more room and clean up the look. Just a thought.

Edit: Just seen the pics you have shackles.

eh so what if its got a 6" body lift, yea thats kinda shitty, maybe a little dumb looking seeing the whole frame sticking out, but i bet that thing is fun as hell in some deep mud!

HAHAHAHA

I dont come here much but saw the 6" body lift and had to look at it. I think you should put this up on pirate, They should be able to help you more than NC4x4 can.

:popcorn:

I want to see some pics of this huge body lift. Also why would you want a 53s?? If it was me ( b/c i know its a trail rig) i would cut the fenders up alot and why you are cutting the fenders cut the ridiculous body lift or watever you call it off

the guys on pirate are even less open minded than you guys. i got banned from ttora when they found out i had 44s on a tacoma. they ban anyone who doesnt have a 3 inch spacer lift with 32s on 15x8 black steel wheels. kinda ridiculous, but they didnt have any useful information at all

its a show truck. sorry if i didnt clear that up. the last time i drove it to greenville i got a warning ticket for the new 6 inch lift law in nc. the cop filled it out as a 91 ford pickup:confused:
anyway, yea i got the set of axles at a pretty good deal and i think that the dana 44 will be plenty for just small drives around town on the weekends. after i move out on my own and get settled down ill consider rockwells and and stuff.
who do you know that lives in henderson? are you sure it isnt hendersonville? which is in the mountains, henderson is in vance county, bordering VA and in the top middle of the state.

It is not an offroad toy. It is a street/show toy?

I hope and pray you have upgraded the brakes or plan on it before you drive it on the street. I would hate to see a family minivan stop for a dog in front of you and hit your "stock brakes" and pick up speed as you roll over the minivan. Please say you have upgraded discs front and rear on this thing or at least you will when doing the "53's"?

Well sorry for being wrong but it i think the main question everyone here has is WHY?? Why the huge body lift? Why so big? Why not upgrade axles first? And is this thing for looks are is it really in the woods? Or are you one of them mud boggin guys

dont know how many different ways i can say its a show truck. the axles are getting rebuilt completely, this includes disc brakes in the rear.

who do you know that lives in henderson? are you sure it isnt hendersonville? which is in the mountains, henderson is in vance county, bordering VA and in the top middle of the state.

No, it is Henderson. I work in Creedmoor.

After seeing the pics, it actually *looks* pretty good the way it is. I personally think you are going to dork it up... Regardless, just be safety minded when you drive it (i.e. no tailgating). I would also venture a guess that the local law enforcement will probably not be any more gentle with your new "upgrades".

Just out of curiosity...What gears are you running in those axles? I assume you have a 350 engine with auto tranny.

previously stated... 350/th400/np205 who do you know in henderson? i dont go to creedmore much but i knw when i go down that main road i see a jacked up silver ranger,a jacked up black and gold tacoma, a yellow ranger jacked up, about 5 or 6 jacked up samarais with exo cages... are you one of these people ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back