6" Body lift stacking blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

colosusabbott

hey fellas. i got a question. i have a home made 6 inch body lift on my 91 k5. i made it myself, out of 3/8 inch thick 3 inch diameter tube. made the bumper brackets, made a new steering shaft, extended the shifting linkage 6 inches. replaced the gas tank hoses. everything has worked beautifully for a few months now. well im going from 44s to 53s and i kind of want to make the truck as solid as i can, and i know most people would agree a 6 inch body lift isnt very solid. but its 6 easy inches of lift. anyway im going to replace all the body bolts with grade 9 hardware, and i want to replace the tubing with actual body lift blocks, stacking 2 together. where can i find 20 body lift blocks without having to buy 2 complete kits?

by the way, the truck has 12 inch front springs, 8 inch rear springs with a shackle flip, 6 inch body lift, 3/4 ton dana44 with cross over and soon to be hydro assist, with a 14 bolt ff rear. 350/th400/np205. the 6 inch body lift is the only thing im not very proud of;)

Tubing would be stronger..., though I would laugh at anyone running a 6" body lift. Wow...
Anyway, I'll see if I can find the part numbers as they aren't listed--but 4wpw sells the spacers separately even though they don't advertise them. I bought 8 a couple years ago for around $30.

:edit: With that much lift, why do you need a body lift at all? Get rid of it.

ive been running 44s, i just bought a set of 53s, they are going on after i get my wheels from stazworks. i need that extra lift

You can buy body lift block material in sleeves and cut it to length.

I think the important question here is: Are you seriously going to run 53" tires on a dana 44 front axle? :confused:

Runnig 6" or better of body lift is ridiculious, think of all the stress your putting on the cab mounts, not to mention how dumb it will look.
53's are going to explode that 44 in a heartbeat.
Save a couple more dollars and do somthing else to the suspension and do it the right way!!!

Man, why don't you sell your 12in lift springs, and run 18in body lift blocks. It won't look any more stupid than 6in blocks. And a dana 44 means you can't run a tire any bigger than 44in tall. Do you have a flexable driveshaft for those big tires.

Flame, Flame

Idiot day on Pirate is Tuesday. It looks like Wednesday is the hot day for NC4x4.

Stupidity should be painful...

<><Fish

Attachments

• stupid hurts.jpg
    stupid hurts.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 701
:nopics:

sounds sweet
i ran a 6" body lift on a tracker....it was funny but hey, it worked.

hey fellas. i got a question. i have a home made 6 inch body lift on my 91 k5. i made it myself, out of 3/8 inch thick 3 inch diameter tube. made the bumper brackets, made a new steering shaft, extended the shifting linkage 6 inches. replaced the gas tank hoses. everything has worked beautifully for a few months now. well im going from 44s to 53s and i kind of want to make the truck as solid as i can, and i know most people would agree a 6 inch body lift isnt very solid. but its 6 easy inches of lift. anyway im going to replace all the body bolts with grade 9 hardware, and i want to replace the tubing with actual body lift blocks, stacking 2 together. where can i find 20 body lift blocks without having to buy 2 complete kits?
:shaking: Good example of what not to do :shaking:. If I were you I would take the advice given from some of the other members. Remove/reduce the 6" body lift and get something other than a 44 to run 53's with.

Why are you so set on the dana 44 with 53s? Even with chromos and everything else out the ass, it seems like a waste of time unless its road-only. Those 53s are a heavy tire; even with a dana 60 it would be put under a lot of stress. You might could make it live with a dana 60 and chromos, ctms/ longfelds... but you'd be better off going with rockwells at that point.

53s on that poor little D44 are gonna be the least of the problems with this thing.

Not trying to be an a$$, but in the interest of public safety...what are do you plan to do with this thing? Are you going to actually take it off-road? Is it for shows? Is it going to just sit in your driveway so you can drool over it? I don't care how you look at it, this just does not sound safe. I work with some people that live in Henderson and I don't want to come to work one day to hear that one of them was run over by an improperly equipped monster truck that broke because its owner was too irresponsible to consider the consequences of his actions. Besides, where around here (or almost anywhere for that matter) can you go with 53's that 44's won't make it? Seriously.

its a show truck. sorry if i didnt clear that up. the last time i drove it to greenville i got a warning ticket for the new 6 inch lift law in nc. the cop filled it out as a 91 ford pickup:confused:

anyway, yea i got the set of axles at a pretty good deal and i think that the dana 44 will be plenty for just small drives around town on the weekends. after i move out on my own and get settled down ill consider rockwells and and stuff.

who do you know that lives in henderson? are you sure it isnt hendersonville? which is in the mountains, henderson is in vance county, bordering VA and in the top middle of the state.

its a show truck. sorry if i didnt clear that up.
anyway, yea i got the set of axles at a pretty good deal and i think that the dana 44 will be plenty for just small drives around town on the weekends.
got any pics ? :popcorn:

myspace.com/ineedafinger thats my myspace page, go to pics, trucks, theres pictures of it with 15 inches on the 44s, also pics of my tacoma when it was on 44s, and a few pics of my 86 with 11 inches and 39.5s.

edit: i forgot i have 2 pictures of the front end as it sits now, with 23 inches, with a couple of knuckle heads playing on it. they are the last 2 pictures on the trucks page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back